ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:34 am

thevoice wrote:How's everyone's square looking for day 1? Any news/recruits of note to mention in the last couple of weeks?

The College sides seem to be struggling.

Looking at the sides listed for this week, Pooraka's XI played a combined 103 games of A1 cricket last year, while PAOC's total is just 33.
Over at SPOC you've got Bailey, OJ, Harrington, Muldoon and Sheikh all who have left the club apparently.

Pembroke obviously got relegated last season while Concordia, SHOC, Trinity, Pulteney and Iggies all stuck down in A3.

ROCs might be the only college side heading in the right direction.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 810 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Trader wrote:
thevoice wrote:How's everyone's square looking for day 1? Any news/recruits of note to mention in the last couple of weeks?

The College sides seem to be struggling.

Looking at the sides listed for this week, Pooraka's XI played a combined 103 games of A1 cricket last year, while PAOC's total is just 33.
Over at SPOC you've got Bailey, OJ, Harrington, Muldoon and Sheikh all who have left the club apparently.

Pembroke obviously got relegated last season while Concordia, SHOC, Trinity, Pulteney and Iggies all stuck down in A3.

ROCs have been strong for a long time though you have younger sides in A3 and PAOC, SPOC Have been in A1 now a long time so saying they are struggling before a game being played could be rough! Game 1 has alot missing from footy trips and you find people book holidays between sports so its not surprising sides going in undermanned.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Trader wrote: Pembroke obviously got relegated last season while Concordia, SHOC, Trinity, Pulteney and Iggies all stuck down in A3.

We're heading in the right direction, thanks.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Trader wrote: Pembroke obviously got relegated last season while Concordia, SHOC, Trinity, Pulteney and Iggies all stuck down in A3.

As long as you continue to selectively use your covers, and happen to have sprinkler malfunctions only on the weeks you're bowling, don't be too surprised if others don't view Trinity in the same light as you do. ;)

But agreed, you guys seem to be improving.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Trader wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

As long as you continue to selectively use your covers, and happen to have sprinkler malfunctions only on the weeks you're bowling, don't be too surprised if others don't view Trinity in the same light as you do. ;)

But agreed, you guys seem to be improving.

not being smart BUT when was the last time that something like that happened? other club "selectively " use covers as you put it aswell, i had a couple of times last year when they were not used when they probably should have
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Happened a number of times between 2012 and 2014 from memory.
Since then there has only been that incident against Fulham where you prepared the wrong deck week 2?

As they say, you can do something correctly 9 times out of 10, but everyone will remember that one time you got it wrong.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Trader wrote:Happened a number of times between 2012 and 2014 from memory.
Since then there has only been that incident against Fulham where you prepared the wrong deck week 2?

As they say, you can do something correctly 9 times out of 10, but everyone will remember that one time you got it wrong.

Right, so three years ago? Wow.
Sadly, we can't do much about the wrong deck being prepared. That's up to the school's ground staff. We don't roll the pitches. I'm pretty certain we ended up on the wrong side of that result, due to that issue as well.
Anyway, we're going okay. We have solid direction as a club and we're confident we're on the right path to building on an already strong culture.
If you don't think we are, no skin off ours.

You can post sensibly nine times out of 10, but everyone will remember the one time you got it wrong.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Sadly, we can't do much about the wrong deck being prepared. That's up to the school's ground staff. We don't roll the pitches. I'm pretty certain we ended up on the wrong side of that result, due to that issue as well.
Anyway, we're going okay. We have solid direction as a club and we're confident we're on the right path to building on an already strong culture.

You can post sensibly nine times out of 10, but everyone will remember the one time you got it wrong.

And turn it into a signature.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11094 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I sense a disturbance.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

I'd be happy to post sensibly once out of 10.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8067 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I sense a disturbance.

abit going on there!

2013 we had the sprinklers come on against Reynella. that was Day 1 and the toss hadn't been done as of yet. thats was unfortunate for who ever lost that toss really. in saying that, Fulham's pitch was trashed overnight that same year after being rolled in the semi on day 1, I think it was brightons square was ruined due to Sprinklers that year aswell, ... brahma lodge had sprinklers come on day 2 of a semi, other teams have had this happen aswell. and im sure there is more i haven't mentioned. it seems to be an issue through the whole of atca, im sure no team would go out their way to screw up the pitch..... how good is cricket!
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm

We don't like cricket...
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I'd be happy to post sensibly once out of 10.

You do ok.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:37 pm

No grange c grade. Forfeit to us. Bullshit way to start the season!
If their l.o. sides don't forfeit what's the go there?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 543 times
Been liked: 477 times

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:55 pm

Separate comps, allowed to forfeit lowest 2-day side and still play LOs.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 am

Trader wrote:Separate comps, allowed to forfeit lowest 2-day side and still play LOs.

I would've thought you'd have to fill your 2 day sides first?
Our lads now miss 2 days of cricket rather than one.
Having said that, the rain might do us all in.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:55 am

The issue becomes if you cant fill the 2 day side because say there is a wedding week 1, or a footy trip, uni exams, etc, then why forfeit BOTH the 2-day side and the 1-day sides below it?
ATCA is about playing cricket, and while it sucks when it happens, they need to allow the forfeit of 2-day sides and 1-day sides to still play, to prevent more games being called off.

If your boys really want a game still, they should offer Grange a 1-dayer next week.
I know of a few games in the C-grade over the years that were changed to 1-day fixtures just to get some cricket in rather than missing out altogether.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Trader wrote:The issue becomes if you cant fill the 2 day side because say there is a wedding week 1, or a footy trip, uni exams, etc, then why forfeit BOTH the 2-day side and the 1-day sides below it?
ATCA is about playing cricket, and while it sucks when it happens, they need to allow the forfeit of 2-day sides and 1-day sides to still play, to prevent more games being called off.

If your boys really want a game still, they should offer Grange a 1-dayer next week.
I know of a few games in the C-grade over the years that were changed to 1-day fixtures just to get some cricket in rather than missing out altogether.

I know we would bring our l.o. lads up yo the c grade team and forfeit the 1 day game. That makes more sense surely!
We could play them in a trial game, but we keep the points.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Most LO players are playing LOs cause they aren't available both weeks.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I see Para Hills have already beaten Port Districts. Going to be a long season for the Dizzies. Woody Rechs off to a good start with Duff getting a hundred and the team making 300 against Brighton. Ingle Farm's new recruits did well making 294 against Flinders Park
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps