Barossa and Light Cricket 08/09

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will be the A1 Premiers for 2008-2009

Gilbert Valley
No votes
Kapunda
28%
Nuriootpa
31%
Tanunda
7%
Light Pass
No votes
Greenock
3%
Gawler Central
14%
Freeling
17%
Angaston
No votes
Eudunda/Robertstown
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: Barossa and Light Cricket 08/09

Postby catchit » Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 pm

saveyourlegs wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:can any of the para districts lads on here give me a bit of a guide to the sandy creek players?
i know daniel jenner spent alot of time in para districts b4 moving to gawler centrals, how do they compare to him?

Played cricket with dj for a couple of years at rose & crown and he is a very handy player.. Had a chat with him a couple of weeks ago and i believe he is hanging the whites up which would be a big lost for centrals..Sandy creek are a good side but had a disapointing year last season, they are always competative and are a great bunch of blokes to have a beer with.. They have 4 or 5 players like daniel jenner but age maybe getting the better of them now(Sorry boys :) )also believe bomber is moving back to sals north which would be a big lost for sandy creek, i think he has won the batting trophy the last 3 years at the creeks..norm11 or james07 would be able to tell you more, but i think it will be a good move and will miss playing against them as we have had a good rivalry over the last couple years.. but goodluck to them and hope all goes well for them..

interested on who the 5 are??
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby catchit » Sun May 17, 2009 8:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:can any of the para districts lads on here give me a bit of a guide to the sandy creek players?
i know daniel jenner spent alot of time in para districts b4 moving to gawler centrals, how do they compare to him?

i would say they have 2 key players and few that can hold there own.. hard to rate them agianst DJ but the 2 key players are prob on par with him..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby norm11 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:38 pm

catchit wrote:

i would say they have 2 key players and few that can hold there own.. hard to rate them agianst DJ but the 2 key players are prob on par with him..

so do i miss out here ? I dont mind being left out
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby catchit » Mon May 18, 2009 10:11 am

bill fuller and lee ratcliff would be the key to getting sandy out for under 150. The next question that should prob be asked is if anyone knows how to get these 2 out?
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby norm11 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 pm

catchit wrote:bill fuller and lee ratcliff would be the key to getting sandy out for under 150. The next question that should prob be asked is if anyone knows how to get these 2 out?

And i bet u would tell them too?
I thought maybe Ratters and Robbo
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby catchit » Mon May 18, 2009 7:53 pm

norm11 wrote:
catchit wrote:bill fuller and lee ratcliff would be the key to getting sandy out for under 150. The next question that should prob be asked is if anyone knows how to get these 2 out?

And i bet u would tell them too?
I thought maybe Ratters and Robbo

only if i was asked ;)

robbo is up there but i think he bats better when you or ratters have made good starts, and bomber when he was there.. if you and ratters go early this season you might struggle to get to 120 against a good bowling line up.. IMO.. time will tell hey..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 pm

ok il bite how do u get them out catchit?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 am

How do South Gawler go nowadays, are they hot one year and not the next?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How do South Gawler go nowadays, are they hot one year and not the next?

Probably fair to say they are struggling. Went down from A1's to A2's last year and lost final. They have lost a few key players over this period which has hurt them.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby catchit » Tue May 19, 2009 1:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

ok il bite how do u get them out catchit?

its simple cricket if you have the right bowlers... nothing short to bill and nothing full to ratters ;) .. bill has a great drive but as bill knows he likes to play it a bit to early ;) .. where as ratters just has no back foot shots :roll:
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby catchit » Tue May 19, 2009 1:28 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How do South Gawler go nowadays, are they hot one year and not the next?

Probably fair to say they are struggling. Went down from A1's to A2's last year and lost final. They have lost a few key players over this period which has hurt them.

seen grant roberts the other day and it seems he could be playing elsewhere as well next season... and would suprised if frank dimasi goes again..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 19, 2009 2:23 pm

catchit wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

seen grant roberts the other day and it seems he could be playing elsewhere as well next season... and would suprised if frank dimasi goes again..

and dylan butler to prospect
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Apparently the district zones have been altered to keep Prospect viable in the SACA, Barossa & Gawler based players are now aligned to Prospect not the Jets. Has anyone else heard much on this?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby smac » Tue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Nothing has been passed at this stage. I believe the proposal is to align the Barossa based juniors with Prospect, Gawler will remain part of Northern's zone.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby oldeagle » Tue May 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Apparently the district zones have been altered to keep Prospect viable in the SACA, Barossa & Gawler based players are now aligned to Prospect not the Jets. Has anyone else heard much on this?

From what I've heard this proposal is still before the SACA delegates. What has been proposed is a redistribution of Grade cricket club boundaries based on the number of kids aged 0-14 in each area. The proposal throws up all sorts of anomalies and unanswered questions.

Northern would lose the Barossa but with about 35000 of the sample age would still have about 10000 more kids than most other clubs. Begs the question though, if you live in the Barossa and were the parent of a talented kid would you want to drive past Salisbury 2 or 3 times a week to go to Prospect.

Southern will lose the Great Southern Association (to West Torrens) and suburbs like Reynella (Sturt IIRC) under the proposal.

Woodville which already struggles for kids of this age would have their quota reduced slightly to about 19000.

Would suggest a lot of issues to be addressed for this proposal.
oldeagle
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

smac wrote:Nothing has been passed at this stage. I believe the proposal is to align the Barossa based juniors with Prospect, Gawler will remain part of Northern's zone.

I should've asked you first, I heard it was all the go last week, from a reliable source too I thought.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby oldeagle » Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
smac wrote:Nothing has been passed at this stage. I believe the proposal is to align the Barossa based juniors with Prospect, Gawler will remain part of Northern's zone.

I should've asked you first, I heard it was all the go last week, from a reliable source too I thought.

I think this will be passed because most clubs will only see the increased number of kids available to them rather than the "big picture" problems which are unanswered.
oldeagle
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 pm

this is all true, however there is conflicting stories as to wether a barossa lad can play for the jets still even if prospect is our zone. im led to believe the only real change is that prospect will be conducting the coaching clinics etc in the hope the lads will go to them but cant see parents driving past salisbury
there has been no communication from saca to the b&l o n this issue
apparently it was passed by the country cricket committee also without consultation with b&l
the b&l has had a long association with the jets and before that salisbury and elizabeth stretching back at least 20 years.
it is also not palatable that we will be expected as an assoc to liase with 2 district clubs- jets at gawler and prospect in the barossa, we are an organization run by volunteers and as such dont have the time for that.

i think this whole proposal is not addressing the problem with sth aust grade cricket with the underlying fact being too many grade clubs and we as a country cricket assoc are not here to prop up struggling district clubs. sure we are trying to produce state and test crciketers and this best achieved by taking away as many obstacles for the development of kids as we can with travel being one of them.
there seems to be a complete lack of foresight here with all the development that will occur in gawler and the barossa in the next 10-20 years they will only want to push the jets further north so it would make sense to keep an alignment with them. they sure as hell arnt going concieve another district club in our area as there is too many already.
rest assured the b&l will be doing everything in its power to stop parents having to take kids all the way to prospect
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

The underlying issue is that there are too many district clubs competiting in the SACA, it is a key factor in why SA have struggled over recent years at domestic level. The standard between our district comp and Shield level is too great, therefore the players struggle to adapt.
I know there are many years of club history at various district clubs and nobody would be keen on a merge, unless we lose a few clubs we are always going to be behind the 8-ball and our youth will be forced to play where they are told.
Prospect will always struggle as they neighbour 8 other SACA clubs, therefore the other clubs have to compensate, it's unfortunate situation but it's something that wont go away.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby smac » Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:this is all true, however there is conflicting stories as to wether a barossa lad can play for the jets still even if prospect is our zone. im led to believe the only real change is that prospect will be conducting the coaching clinics etc in the hope the lads will go to them but cant see parents driving past salisbury
At this stage. The Grade Cricket Committee will consider by-law changes before the start of next season that may change this situation.

daysofourlives wrote:there has been no communication from saca to the b&l o n this issue
apparently it was passed by the country cricket committee also without consultation with b&l
It isn't SACA, it is the Cricket Executive. Communication should run from the Country Cricket Rep on the Exec to the Country Cricket Committee. This is where the breakdown has occurred, the Country Cricket Committee had not been informed directly until the weekend just gone.

daysofourlives wrote:the b&l has had a long association with the jets and before that salisbury and elizabeth stretching back at least 20 years.
it is also not palatable that we will be expected as an assoc to liase with 2 district clubs- jets at gawler and prospect in the barossa, we are an organization run by volunteers and as such dont have the time for that.
Only one Grade club would be liaising with BLCA - Prospect (Northerns would back out of their current activities). Northerns would work directly with the Gawler clubs to assist them where they can and Prospect would work directly with the other clubs.

daysofourlives wrote:i think this whole proposal is not addressing the problem with sth aust grade cricket with the underlying fact being too many grade clubs and we as a country cricket assoc are not here to prop up struggling district clubs. sure we are trying to produce state and test crciketers and this best achieved by taking away as many obstacles for the development of kids as we can with travel being one of them.
On that logic, NDCC should be zoned to every association North of Salisbury Oval.

daysofourlives wrote:there seems to be a complete lack of foresight here with all the development that will occur in gawler and the barossa in the next 10-20 years they will only want to push the jets further north so it would make sense to keep an alignment with them. they sure as hell arnt going concieve another district club in our area as there is too many already.
I agree, 100%

daysofourlives wrote:rest assured the b&l will be doing everything in its power to stop parents having to take kids all the way to prospect
Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of say in their own destiny. If they can convince the Country Cricket Committee that they should be against the proposal, that only counts for 1 vote on the Cricket Executive.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps