BLCA 2016-17

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:50 pm

interested onlooker wrote:Any clubs started training yet? New recruits and or retirements?

Angaston have started, not sure bout anyone else.
Cogan has gone from coaching South to coaching light pass
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby norm11 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
interested onlooker wrote:Any clubs started training yet? New recruits and or retirements?

Angaston have started, not sure bout anyone else.
Cogan has gone from coaching South to coaching light pass

South come out on top with a packet of chips and a can of coke
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 pm

WE had junior nominations the other night, the U16 comp has been moved to Friday nights for the whole season due to the decline in the number of teams participating.
Over the last 5 plus seasons the most teams in this grade has been 8, with only 6 last season and two of them running with 8 players.
The move to Friday night has now seen 12 teams nominated in this grade. The early signs are promising that this will be a winner. It was trialled last season for 4 weeks and very popular.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:WE had junior nominations the other night, the U16 comp has been moved to Friday nights for the whole season due to the decline in the number of teams participating.
Over the last 5 plus seasons the most teams in this grade has been 8, with only 6 last season and two of them running with 8 players.
The move to Friday night has now seen 12 teams nominated in this grade. The early signs are promising that this will be a winner. It was trialled last season for 4 weeks and very popular.

I used to throw it out there with the 16's in the PDCA a few years back, some teams agreed to it, I thought it was a great concept so did the teams that took part.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:WE had junior nominations the other night, the U16 comp has been moved to Friday nights for the whole season due to the decline in the number of teams participating.

I used to throw it out there with the 16's in the PDCA a few years back, some teams agreed to it, I thought it was a great concept so did the teams that took part.

Yeah going from a trial in Dec/Jan to all season is a big step. Will still be playing 2 day cricket, obviously wont get the 40 overs in early on before it gets dark, hopefully the 30-35 range and then the other team gets the same the next week.
I think the big thing is the talented U14s will be able to fill in and still play in their own grade on Saturday morning
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Also means the U14s and U12s have access to the best grounds Saturday morning. Win-win, great move.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Just found out about the new rule that players can't come back to play for their club when they have a bye for their district club. Surely this isn't going ahead, if so, what a garbage rule to bring in. I can understand if it's someone that has no ties to the community club but to stop a kid who has played all their juniot cricket with the club they have grown up with is ludicrous. They want to support the club that has supported them and to have to tell them, nope sorry we can't play you is beyond a joke. Stupid, stupid rule
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:46 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Just found out about the new rule that players can't come back to play for their club when they have a bye for their district club. Surely this isn't going ahead, if so, what a garbage rule to bring in. I can understand if it's someone that has no ties to the community club but to stop a kid who has played all their juniot cricket with the club they have grown up with is ludicrous. They want to support the club that has supported them and to have to tell them, nope sorry we can't play you is beyond a joke. Stupid, stupid rule

Stunningly bad call if true
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Yeah going from a trial in Dec/Jan to all season is a big step. Will still be playing 2 day cricket, obviously wont get the 40 overs in early on before it gets dark, hopefully the 30-35 range and then the other team gets the same the next week.
I think the big thing is the talented U14s will be able to fill in and still play in their own grade on Saturday morning

Perhaps trial bowling blocks of 5 overs from one end, it does scab quite a few extra overs in over a two hour period, 5:30 to 8pm in those months isn't out of the realms of possibility during that time of year.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Perhaps trial bowling blocks of 5 overs from one end, it does scab quite a few extra overs in over a two hour period, 5:30 to 8pm in those months isn't out of the realms of possibility during that time of year.

We do that already
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:03 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Just found out about the new rule that players can't come back to play for their club when they have a bye for their district club. Surely this isn't going ahead, if so, what a garbage rule to bring in. I can understand if it's someone that has no ties to the community club but to stop a kid who has played all their juniot cricket with the club they have grown up with is ludicrous. They want to support the club that has supported them and to have to tell them, nope sorry we can't play you is beyond a joke. Stupid, stupid rule

Nothing like a few half truths to get the uneducated wound up.
Its only A and B grade cricketers that cant play. It was pretty much a unanimous decision so everyone is on the same page and wants to look after the integrity of the competition.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Its only A and B grade cricketers that cant play. It was pretty much a unanimous decision so everyone is on the same page and wants to look after the integrity of the competition.

A few season back, in a different comp a district B grade player, lined up for his city club on Saturday and his country club on the Sunday... how can that happen?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1283 times
Been liked: 3497 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Corona Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

A few season back, in a different comp a district B grade player, lined up for his city club on Saturday and his country club on the Sunday... how can that happen?

It certainly cant happen in our comp anymore, was another rule added that they cant play for a district club and their country club in the same weekend. They also must play in their country clubs highest grade, there was a farce a few years ago where I think it was an A grader and a B grader played A4 or 5 cricket. The district players also can not sub in or out of a game.
One easy fix, SACA could get an even number of teams ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:52 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

What were the half truths? What you've described is exactly what was initially reported.

If they brought in something about 'club of origin' that would make sense and prevent ring ins. But some teenager who played juniors for a BLCA club now can't play for his home club when he has a week/fortnight off just because he got picked for a B Grade game.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

What were the half truths? What you've described is exactly what was initially reported.

If they brought in something about 'club of origin' that would make sense and prevent ring ins. But some teenager who played juniors for a BLCA club now can't play for his home club when he has a week/fortnight off just because he got picked for a B Grade game.

He didn't stipulate that it was only A and B grade players, the way he was talking sounded like everyone that is playing at a district club.
They are district cricketers and that is their club, its not our responsibility to give them a game of cricket at the expense of the integrity of our competition. If they want them to play every week get rid of the bye.
There is that to, 10 games as an U14 and or U16 to qualify as an ex junior.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

He didn't stipulate that it was only A and B grade players, the way he was talking sounded like everyone that is playing at a district club.
They are district cricketers and that is their club, its not our responsibility to give them a game of cricket at the expense of the integrity of our competition. If they want them to play every week get rid of the bye.
There is that to, 10 games as an U14 and or U16 to qualify as an ex junior.

Obviously BLCA clubs have abused the previous rule? Sometimes playing at a lower level is harder than playing First Grade. Callum Ferguson is a good example, never really ripped First Grade apart but looks superior at First Class level.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:21 pm

Players aren't grade players for life. I would have thought the BLCA clubs would want those who have had a crack a grade cricket to return when they are done. Keeping a link with their local club is gold.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 am

daysofourlives wrote:

I knew it was A and B grade only, i forgot to put that in the post. I still think its a ridiculous call. Intergrity of the comp? Please, give me a spell. It was only unanimous because the majority of the clubs don't have any of their junior players playing district cricket in grades higher than C or D grade. Whats the policy for footy if there are players coming back from Centrals, are they welcomed back?
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:07 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I knew it was A and B grade only, i forgot to put that in the post. I still think its a ridiculous call. Intergrity of the comp? Please, give me a spell. It was only unanimous because the majority of the clubs don't have any of their junior players playing district cricket in grades higher than C or D grade. Whats the policy for footy if there are players coming back from Centrals, are they welcomed back?

League and reserves players are not allowed to play, u18s I'm not sure on but I think it may be the same.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Players aren't grade players for life. I would have thought the BLCA clubs would want those who have had a crack a grade cricket to return when they are done. Keeping a link with their local club is gold.

Pretty sure Travis Head went and played a game for South Gawler a few seasons ago on a Saturday where he had no Grade or Domestic duties, scored 4 for memory?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps