Southern Cricket Association News

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Southern Cricket Association News

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

well done u have just proved my point u are only wanting to join our comp as u think u are going to win easy premierships and yes i am one of those guys who help run the comp so if u want to join our comp think really hard before u say anything as our comp is very strong and we are not the one folding so we must be running things just fine
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm

ROCKYB wrote:well done u have just proved my point u are only wanting to join our comp as u think u are going to win easy premierships and yes i am one of those guys who help run the comp so if u want to join our comp think really hard before u say anything as our comp is very strong and we are not the one folding so we must be running things just fine

Sad state of affairs when someone like u is making calls for the comp!!

And you sledge your own sides!!! ](*,)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 491 times
Been liked: 208 times

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Sledge my own sides what do u mean by this :shock:
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Sledge my own sides what do u mean by this :shock:

As I thought I am dealing with a kid or an idiot!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 491 times
Been liked: 208 times

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Wow that has really hurt my feelings :( but now iam even more confused just what are u on about and really why would you want to join our comp all it is going to do is upset everything if u play in the GSCA u will not be bringing your colts as time and travel will be a concern for eveyone only way it will work is there will be a northern and southern comp and out of the two top teams from both areas they will play off in the GF with talks of using Hackem south oval u have to be kidding at least u will be playing most of your cricket against Aldinga,Vale,Willunga it will be just like old times for u all ,but really sure u guys would be better trying to go somewhere like hills or suburban
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby smithy » Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Well it ain't Porties who has approached the GSCA about joining.
IF Noarlunga do decide to leave, I'd say that Port would look at the situation and very seriously contemplate leaving, as the sides left just doesn't make it enjoyable numbers wise.
My thoughts only though.
I would like to think that Noarlunga would also give the SCA and in particular Gary Bilney full communication on what their intentions are also.

ROCKYB - If you are part of the GSCA committee, why are you unsure as to which club you are meant to be voting on ?

Any SCA clubs wanting to join the GSCA might not think it's a given either.
Maybe one of the reasons that sides like McLaren, Aldinga and to a lesser extent, Willunga left the SCA is because they don't want to travel that way to play cricket.?
If it's true that McLaren and Aldinga came to the GSCA with bigheads thinking they were going to win premierships then that's laughable.
Perennial easybeats in the SCA they both were, and for them to think like that (if true) is just stupidity.
I doubt very much Noarlunga or any other SCA club would make that mistake.
smithy

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 pm

I was informed yesterday by Gavin Smith prez of ass. by text and all was said was norlunga but to find out for sure i just stated both clubs to make sure, Aldinga and Vale did not start off all that well liked only for the way they played and carried on but these days they are all a bunch of great blokes to play against as they soon learnt what GSCA cricket was like ,sad to see how things are with SCA comp but i really dont think there is room for Norlunga in the GSCA we had an 8 team comp in A grade last season and there no room for a bye and season not long enough for 10 teams if Port Elliot fill an A grade next season as well they will just have to look else where or stay and play in a 5 team comp if Seaford do fold
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Ramadash » Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Rockyb only speaks as an individual. please say so if your representing goolwa with these comments rockyb.

from my personal point of view i just about have the longest drive and i'm willing to entertain the idea.

The assoc does need to look at why the SCA has fallen apart before allowing others in. dont wont swine flu in our great comp if that is what has taken down SCA. if you know what i mean.

just putting it out there. why is SCA struggling

do not want two divisions tho, otherwise we should send McLaren back to SCA to bolster you guys
:) :)
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Super Fred » Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm

ROCKYB wrote:I was informed yesterday by Gavin Smith prez of ass. by text and all was said was norlunga but to find out for sure i just stated both clubs to make sure, Aldinga and Vale did not start off all that well liked only for the way they played and carried on but these days they are all a bunch of great blokes to play against as they soon learnt what GSCA cricket was like ,sad to see how things are with SCA comp but i really dont think there is room for Norlunga in the GSCA we had an 8 team comp in A grade last season and there no room for a bye and season not long enough for 10 teams if Port Elliot fill an A grade next season as well they will just have to look else where or stay and play in a 5 team comp if Seaford do fold

I can assure you Rocky the club definately does not have the attitude of joining to win easy premierships. Although all senior sides played finals last season it wasnt that hard considering the small amount of teams in each grade(No disrepect to any club that did not play finals). I think Noarlunga will be competitive in all grades but by no means certaintys for a flag.
I just cant see the SCA Senior comp lasting too much longer especially if Seaford do fold and Flagstaff Hill are unable to field an A Grade side. So the club are looking at moving to secure a future in playing competitive senior cricket and in an association that is strong in the seniors as the GSCA is.
As i previously mentioned the Secretary is submitting an application in writing to see if we can join, the club knows its not a certainty they will be accepted. Although i did hear a rumour Rapids maybe pulling their A grade if thats the case could Noarlunga slot straight into their position?
Super Fred
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby smithy » Thu May 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Ramadash wrote:The assoc does need to look at why the SCA has fallen apart before allowing others in. dont wont swine flu in our great comp if that is what has taken down SCA. if you know what i mean.

just putting it out there. why is SCA struggling

I won't bore you with a 5 page essay Ramadash but it's slowly been deteriorating since 1990.
Clubs that were playing then that have since folded are Christies, Mawson, Sullies, Hackham.
Clubs that have moved elsewhere are McLaren, Happy Valley, Reynella and Aldinga.
Without going into major detail, let's just say that their was an ex-president who made some VERY bad and biased decisions over a number of years leading to some clubs leaving or unwilling to join the SCA.
- A 1 day game I'm quite sure Shoe-Boy played in, led to 1 player being banned for a few years whilst the instigator, who played for the same club as the then president received nothing !
This decision was the beginning of the end for Aldinga and McLaren in the SCA.
I'm quite sure Valleys were fed up with the same person and that led to them leaving as well.
- The same person told an infant ICC Sharks, "Why should we let you join our competition"?... They now have 6 senior sides which would come in handy right now if they were in the SCA.
- Reynella's move to the ATCA had been mooted since the mid 80's, they finally did it and it was like not having Port Magpies in the SANFL anymore.
The SCA is currently led by a terrific committee, headed by Gary Bilney who has done a fantastic job he never really wanted to do for more than 2 seasons.( This was in 2002).
If ANY clubs want to move, at least have the decency to inform Gary of what plans lay ahead.

ROCKY,, I'm almost certain that if you accept 1 team from SCA you'll get another knocking on the door making 10 teams, can't be that bad.
It won't make the season longer either, just needs to be a little re-scheduled.
smithy

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 pm

OK OK OK OK i have given this much thought this afternoon and yes sometimes i say things without thinking them through one of my bad traights maybe a good thing maybe not just dont like too much change but change can be good sometimes as 4 u ramadesh i only ever think of my mates /club first as do alot of people it is afterall the real ozzie way of doing things put everyone else first before yourself maybe you could take this on and you may get more out of LIFE other than just thinking about yourself for a change sorry if this upsets you but hey we all have our opionion and eveyone does not have to agree but that would just make things boring
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Ramadash » Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm

i have an idea!!!!!!

how about we GSCA give you guys SCA back your teams that you forced on us years ago. now you've fixed your assoc problems.

e.g you get McLaren Aldinga and Willunga back. And we continue a very happy Great Southern.

What are your thoughts Rockyb. I'm sure this would suit you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ramadash
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 9:13 pm

yes yes yes all i have to say
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Ramadash » Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 pm

finally we agree on something rockyb

our relationship is moving forward

:D
Ramadash
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 pm

hahaha your allright mate bring on the cricket season how are you guys shaping up for next year
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby interested observer » Fri May 08, 2009 2:43 pm

ROCKYB wrote:OK OK OK OK i have given this much thought this afternoon and yes sometimes i say things without thinking them through one of my bad traights maybe a good thing maybe not just dont like too much change but change can be good sometimes as 4 u ramadesh i only ever think of my mates /club first as do alot of people it is afterall the real ozzie way of doing things put everyone else first before yourself maybe you could take this on and you may get more out of LIFE other than just thinking about yourself for a change sorry if this upsets you but hey we all have our opionion and eveyone does not have to agree but that would just make things boring

All in one breath !!!!! @-)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby top gun » Fri May 08, 2009 3:44 pm

If all the rumours are true this spells the end for SCA and boom time for GSCA and adel surb cricket,shoes and cockledivers to go to GSCA seaford to fold morphies to fold cove to go adel surb kangas to the hills flaggies more than likely to fold too in the end its going to be a tough call for all clubs and assoc but you have to do what you have to do,just a thought could morphies join with the sharks and seaford with aldinga.
top gun
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Ramadash » Fri May 08, 2009 7:23 pm

SCA

Willunga
McLaren Vale
Aldinga
Seaford
Noarlunga
Pt. Noarlunga
Morphettvale
Cove

GSCA

Rapid bay
Myponga
Yankalilla
Mt. compass
Pt. elliot
Goolwa
Enc Bay
victor

All teams must fill an A grade side

colts continue in the newly formed assoc.

What do you guys think?
:roll: :lol: ;)
Ramadash
Under 16s

Postby DILLIGAF » Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

dont no whos spreadin rumours about seaford folding nothings been said to me and im on the commitee :roll:
and if we do fold i will be retiring im not driving to victor or north haven for a game ill be in the boat fishing
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby george12 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 pm

you'd love it at Rapid Bay especially with the new jetty up, we could get a car pool going........
george12

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps