Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association 2010/11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association 2010/11

Postby Tiger Couple » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 am

From my last post but without actually writing it I realised from coverking's comments that unlike Turf in ASCA Section 1 is A Grade and Section 2 like B Grade so it would seem reasonable to take a legit A Grade side into Section 1.

I was not really comparing Turf and ASCA just I know Turf very well and don't know much about ASCA and I incorrectly assumed because you have plenty of Grades (7 Sections from memory) that the top 1 - 3 Sections would be of a high and competitive nature but on getting the info from you guys I know see that is not the case.

By the sounds ASCA would be made not to take them in to Section 1 as it will only stengthen the Comp. Finding which grade to put there B Grade in may be harder but I guess that will be trial by error and not a hold up in excepting them.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Wizard of Oz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm

PUNTER wrote:From my last post but without actually writing it I realised from coverking's comments that unlike Turf in ASCA Section 1 is A Grade and Section 2 like B Grade so it would seem reasonable to take a legit A Grade side into Section 1.

I was not really comparing Turf and ASCA just I know Turf very well and don't know much about ASCA and I incorrectly assumed because you have plenty of Grades (7 Sections from memory) that the top 1 - 3 Sections would be of a high and competitive nature but on getting the info from you guys I know see that is not the case.

By the sounds ASCA would be made not to take them in to Section 1 as it will only stengthen the Comp. Finding which grade to put there B Grade in may be harder but I guess that will be trial by error and not a hold up in excepting them.

Incorrect PUNTER. Section 2 still has A Grade sides in it.

Speaking of which, what is happening with Warradale ? Are they going up ? And if not why not ?
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bazza1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
PUNTER wrote:From my last post but without actually writing it I realised from coverking's comments that unlike Turf in ASCA Section 1 is A Grade and Section 2 like B Grade so it would seem reasonable to take a legit A Grade side into Section 1.

Speaking of which, what is happening with Warradale ? Are they going up ? And if not why not ?

I think they are doing what Panorama did a couple of years ago, playing the TOO OLD for section 1 card.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jabber » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 pm

warradale have been too old for section one for about 15 years.

bazza1 wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:

I think they are doing what Panorama did a couple of years ago, playing the TOO OLD for section 1 card.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Wizard of Oz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:57 pm

bazza1 wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:

I have a mate who played his first year there this season thats all. Cant believe they wouldn't want to go up ?
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Jabber wrote:warradale have been too old for section one for about 15 years.

bazza1 wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:

Gold Jabber :lol:
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Postby Westsider » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 pm

I dominated Warradale last year. And I'm too old for section 1.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:22 pm

Westsider wrote:I dominated Warradale last year. And I'm too old for section 1.

Yes, Too old..............
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 am

Any news from the meeting last night on Cove, are they in or staying in SCA??
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 am

It was good to see the Cove representatives give a good honest appraisal of their club and where they thought they thought was the best fit for them, whilst acknowledging they will accept whatever decision we make, in regards to where their sides start. They also spoke of their communications with the SCA and their desire to keep them as informed as possible.

Cove will start in sections 1, 4 and 6 at this stage(only the lower grades are subject to change). The only catch here is that the other clubs currently in our comp will need to formally accept them at the AGM, which shouldn't be a problem, as the Executive will be recommending that we accpet them.

South Road will be the club to go down from 1 to 2 and their b's from 2 to 3.

Adelaide Indians from 2 to 3. Clapham from 4 to 3. Warradale and Westminster from 3 to 4.

All others to far up in the air as it will depend on other clubs having 4th or 5th teams which we don't know as yet.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Been liked: 20 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

wycbloods wrote:It was good to see the Cove representatives give a good honest appraisal of their club and where they thought they thought was the best fit for them, whilst acknowledging they will accept whatever decision we make, in regards to where their sides start. They also spoke of their communications with the SCA and their desire to keep them as informed as possible.

Cove will start in sections 1, 4 and 6 at this stage(only the lower grades are subject to change). The only catch here is that the other clubs currently in our comp will need to formally accept them at the AGM, which shouldn't be a problem, as the Executive will be recommending that we accpet them.

Adelaide Indians from 2 to 3. Clapham from 4 to 3. Warradale and Westminster from 3 to 4.

All others to far up in the air as it will depend on other clubs having 4th or 5th teams which we don't know as yet.

Representatives? You mean Paul came with support?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 am

shoe boy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:It was good to see the Cove representatives give a good honest appraisal of their club and where they thought they thought was the best fit for them, whilst acknowledging they will accept whatever decision we make, in regards to where their sides start. They also spoke of their communications with the SCA and their desire to keep them as informed as possible.

Great news for the ASCA... Hopefully other clubs agree... Which i think they will...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 am

shoe boy wrote:

That would be right SB. Seem to be a well presented club.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:49 am

Representatives? You mean Paul came with support?[/quote]

That would be right SB. Seem to be a well presented club.[/quote]

Well thats a change :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby top gun » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am

shoe boy wrote:Representatives? You mean Paul came with support?

That would be right SB. Seem to be a well presented club.[/quote]

Well thats a change :)[/quote]

The club as a group is looking forward to being part of ASC.Not going to miss SB little digs at the cove,noarlunga should have jumped when they had the chance last year now your stuck.
top gun
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jabber » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

shoe boy wrote:Well thats a change :)

Your earlier post stating that you don't have any personal issues with the cove seems to be holding less and less water with everything you post on here. I'm sure most people on here have learned to take your comments with a grain of salt as they are obviously overridden by a personal issue that you have with the cove.

Welcome to Cove, this is great for the competition, and i reckon it will be great for the Cove Cricket Club.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby The Hound » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

Cove will start in sections 1, 4 and 6 at this stage(only the lower grades are subject to change).

Yeah only because they will not be able to fill the Section 6 side
The Hound
Reserves

Been liked: 36 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

The Hound wrote:Cove will start in sections 1, 4 and 6 at this stage(only the lower grades are subject to change).

And going by the past couple of years will struggle to field a B side.FACT
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:59 am

shoe boy wrote:
The Hound wrote:Cove will start in sections 1, 4 and 6 at this stage(only the lower grades are subject to change).

You wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face SB. Seriously your issue with Cove is laughable.

The subject to change part is not a concern for Cove's sides or player numbers but based on what other clubs are doing in the grades above them which possibly will move them either up or down.

They fielded a C grade side last year for 7 of the 12 games and the b's played the whole year, as far as i understand, albeit with a young side. Cove will grow as a result of joining ASCA can the same be said for the clubs staying in SCA?

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Madportsman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 pm

shoe boy wrote:

SB - keep your sour grapes for cove down at Noarlunga. The only club on this forum you can bag is wyc. :)
Madportsman

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps