Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Postby hereselmo1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:25 pm

pipers wrote:
Dutchy wrote:There were only 10 C grade games this year so having to play in 6 was a bit stiff to qualify, rules are rules I guess

To qualify you didn't necessarily have to have played your 6 days in Cs. You just have to have played 6 days across any of the grades.

Blokes that can't even manage 6 days in a season are barely deserving of finals action in my view. If I had played most of the season in a certain grade and that team made finals and I was pushed out by some guy who couldn't even commit to a third of the summer I would be pretty pissed off.

Clubs aren't expected to name their teams in ResultsVault before the start of play (hell, some clubs struggle to get the names in the book before the toss). As a result there is no way that HCA can count washouts, heat-outs and forfeits as playing days as they would have no way of knowing who was or wasn't available for selection for those games.

Playing days = days where cricket was played.

6/10 = 1/3???
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wycbloods » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm

pipers wrote:
Dutchy wrote:There were only 10 C grade games this year so having to play in 6 was a bit stiff to qualify, rules are rules I guess

To qualify you didn't necessarily have to have played your 6 days in Cs. You just have to have played 6 days across any of the grades.

Blokes that can't even manage 6 days in a season are barely deserving of finals action in my view. If I had played most of the season in a certain grade and that team made finals and I was pushed out by some guy who couldn't even commit to a third of the summer I would be pretty pissed off.

Clubs aren't expected to name their teams in ResultsVault before the start of play (hell, some clubs struggle to get the names in the book before the toss). As a result there is no way that HCA can count washouts, heat-outs and forfeits as playing days as they would have no way of knowing who was or wasn't available for selection for those games.

Playing days = days where cricket was played.

So if only 5 days of cricket are played one season due to inclement weather, heat or wet however unlikely, no one qualifies for finals? Surely there would have to be a system of clubs submitting a team, whether it is a true reflection of who would've played or not, so as to enable the association a clear line to deal with eligibility for finals. Just my thoughts although i don't play in the hills league.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Fair enough Fatty, the HCA have to be applauded for sticking to the rules, especially with the Aldgate issue...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3565 times

Postby pipers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:19 pm

hereselmo1 wrote:6/10 = 1/3???

Not really grasping what I said are you?

There were 16 available playing days for HCA clubs this summer.

6 days is just over a third of the total days available...

As a fellow Magpies fan, I should realise that maths possibly isn't your strongest suit...
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby pipers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 pm

wycbloods wrote: So if only 5 days of cricket are played one season due to inclement weather, heat or wet however unlikely, no one qualifies for finals? Surely there would have to be a system of clubs submitting a team, whether it is a true reflection of who would've played or not, so as to enable the association a clear line to deal with eligibility for finals. Just my thoughts although i don't play in the hills league.

That's an intereresting scenario... extremely unlikely, however I guess HCA would have to use some of their discretionary powers, as the by-laws afford them, to make a determination on eligibility in that situation...
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Postby pipers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:Fair enough Fatty, the HCA have to be applauded for sticking to the rules, especially with the Aldgate issue...

There was little choice to be honest.

We anticipated that the shortened A3 season may be a factor, however determined that we would apply the rule as has been done in the past. We received, and declined, around half-a-dozen requests on the basis of insufficient playing days. Aldgate did not submit any requests (and if they had for these players in question they would have been declined).

It appears that Aldgate made an assumption on the eligibiltiy of those players and chose to play them without consulting the HCA.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Postby hereselmo1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:58 pm

pipers wrote:
hereselmo1 wrote:6/10 = 1/3???

Not really grasping what I said are you?

There were 16 available playing days for HCA clubs this summer.

6 days is just over a third of the total days available...

As a fellow Magpies fan, I should realise that maths possibly isn't your strongest suit...

I'm grasping what you said just fine thanks and I can assure you that my maths skills are good so give it a rest.

Don't get me wrong. I am ok with the rule as it has been applied evenly for all clubs but I do think given the situation it has been a bit harsh.

What you are not taking into consideration is the C grade 20/20 games. There are players who were available for those extra 6 weeks (on top of the C grade season proper) but since they were picked for C grade (i.e. the 20/20 games) they were unable to play in other grades an hence qualify for finals. IMO for this reason the 20/20 games should have been included in the finals qualification and then your 1/3 rule would be right.

As it stands there are players from Lofty who have played 5 C grade games, plus 20/20 games and hence have made themselves available for over 1/3 of the season and still not qualified.

Once again I am not arguing for a decision to be overturned, it has been ruled upon and has ben even for all clubs.
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times

Postby pipers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 am

hereselmo1 wrote:
I'm grasping what you said just fine thanks and I can assure you that my maths skills are good so give it a rest.

Don't get me wrong. I am ok with the rule as it has been applied evenly for all clubs but I do think given the situation it has been a bit harsh.

What you are not taking into consideration is the C grade 20/20 games. There are players who were available for those extra 6 weeks (on top of the C grade season proper) but since they were picked for C grade (i.e. the 20/20 games) they were unable to play in other grades an hence qualify for finals. IMO for this reason the 20/20 games should have been included in the finals qualification and then your 1/3 rule would be right.

As it stands there are players from Lofty who have played 5 C grade games, plus 20/20 games and hence have made themselves available for over 1/3 of the season and still not qualified.

Once again I am not arguing for a decision to be overturned, it has been ruled upon and has ben even for all clubs.

Agree - I personally think the T20 games perhaps could have been considered as playing days, however this was not the case, and was evenly applied to all clubs as you suggest. Sam Cranna missed finals at our club because of that ruling.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Postby c u at the crease » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 am

So Aldgate miss the finals in the A3's

What a shambles this comp has been this year:P

At the start of year only 5 team nominate for C's.

Then Meadows come down from the B's and Eastern Rangers come up from the D's and we have 7 Teams

Aldgate
Mylor
Happy Valley
SCIB
Meadows
Bridgewater
Eastern Rangers

Then a 2020 comp is arrived at to ensure that all teams only play each other twice for points.

Clubs complain about 2020 and SCIB's pull there C Grade Team.

Just prior to major rounds commencing Mylor declare that they will not be able to field a team given lack of players (thank god they didn't after finishing top of the table)

Mount Lofty then decide to put in a team (after pinching player from other clubs)

2 days of the points season lost due to heat

Meadows stripped of points for playing dodgy players

Aldgate stripped of GF position for playing dodgy players

By the sounds of this the winner of the GF could be a team that at first did not want to play C's at the start of the year and a team that pinches players and fields a team late in the season.

Shambles.

The only good thing to come out of the c grade comp this year is the friendly nature between the clubs this year,

In the past it sucked and i must say this year has been good.
c u at the crease
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby wycbloods » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 am

Dutchy wrote:Fair enough Fatty, the HCA have to be applauded for sticking to the rules, especially with the Aldgate issue...

Who is that meant for Dutchy?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 am

wycbloods wrote:

Pipers former alias ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby wycbloods » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Pipers former alias ;)

Fair enough i must have missed that.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am

What players have Lofty Pinched?

We helped the association, we realised that we needed another team (50 turning up to preseason training) the sametime SCIB's pulled out, seemed like a sensible solution....would be ironic if we won tthe flag though :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Banker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:04 pm

not pinched, just players that had dropped from higher grades, lets be honest, if lofty Bs were playing finals, a few of the boys who performed very well on sat wouldnt have been playing right dutchy?
not complaining, all legal of course, just clearing it up :)

I dont think there will be any upsets this weekend, My tips-
A-Meadows
B-Mylor
C-Meadows
D-Onkas
16s- SCIBs

No flags at lofty or aldgate \:D/
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby bazzw » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Gonna be tough for SCIB to win the 16's Banker considering the GF is between the Gate and Stirling!

My tips,
A- Meadows
B- Mylor
C & D - Caps
bazzw
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Banker wrote:not pinched, just players that had dropped from higher grades, lets be honest, if lofty Bs were playing finals, a few of the boys who performed very well on sat wouldnt have been playing right dutchy?

Still confused Banker, CU said "pinched players from other clubs"

There was a former Lofty junior in your side Staurday...who looked rather dissapointed! :D

Only B grader that moved down to the C's was Jason Matulick and considering he is a youngster and made a duck in the Semi it cant be him who you are referring to.... :?

The C grade finals side is pretty much the team that has played all year...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby bookie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Would you be talking about Cliff Sayer he was definately stolen from the caps
bookie
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:31 am

bookie wrote:Would you be talking about Cliff Sayer he was definately stolen from the caps

Thanks Bookie, thats him

They also stole Joelby!!! :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Saint » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:43 am

Banker wrote:not pinched, just players that had dropped from higher grades, lets be honest, if lofty Bs were playing finals, a few of the boys who performed very well on sat wouldnt have been playing right dutchy?
not complaining, all legal of course, just clearing it up :)

I dont think there will be any upsets this weekend, My tips-
A-Meadows
B-Mylor
C-Meadows
D-Onkas
16s- SCIBs

No flags at lofty or aldgate \:D/

Gonna be hard 4 SCIBS to win the 16s GF when they aent playing in it.
Saint
Rookie

Postby pipers » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:29 pm

A2 - Stumps Day 1.

Gate all out for about 140ish.

Highlights:
Best run out ever in the history of cricket from M Warby.
Staples and Cranna got nude.
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps