Adelaide Suburban Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Suburban Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby CoverKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:43 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
CoverKing wrote:As me and bloods have spoken about numerous times together, this is something we think would work RE: the finals.

From our experience at the youth centre, we find the two hardest weeks to get players to play are the first week of the season and the first week back after christmas. We are always having a large number of people available for the second week after christmas, and therefore missing out on cricket.

To combat this, with the intention to also add the extra advantage (double chance, come finals time for the top two sides) a program would b better suited like this in our opinions.

Season starts. Week 1 - one dayer
Games 2-6 all 2 dayers finishing the saturday before Xmas

Week after christmas break - one dayer (therefore extra week gained). round 7

ROund 8 -11 all 2 dayers.

Week 1 of finals (used to be last week of season) 1 v 2 3 v 4
week 2 (presuming high side wins) 1 in GF week off, 2 v 3. 4 is eliminated
Week 3 GF 1 v 2

This could be the same in all sections.

The only problem that some people would have is possibly playing 3 weeks of Sat/sun games. It is something that has to be weighed up against the added bonus and attraction of finishing in the top 2 and the fact it would make selections the week after christmas a lot easier.Every side will still play everyone once and once only in a 12 team section. Nothing changes except the extra one dayer.

if this was a motion that was being put forward this week, i for one would definitely be voting for it.

Thoughs??

Alot of people would have problems with 3 weekends taking up playing cricket... i know i would... Also January 2nd, bit soon surely!!! Can't agree sorry...

i didn say jan 2nd. that was westsider. with how think it should be there would be no change in breaks over christmas, start to the season or finish. all it is, that the finals are extended by a week and the minor round is decreased by a week
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby wycbloods » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:44 pm

CoverKing wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
CoverKing wrote:As me and bloods have spoken about numerous times together, this is something we think would work RE: the finals.

From our experience at the youth centre, we find the two hardest weeks to get players to play are the first week of the season and the first week back after christmas. We are always having a large number of people available for the second week after christmas, and therefore missing out on cricket.

To combat this, with the intention to also add the extra advantage (double chance, come finals time for the top two sides) a program would b better suited like this in our opinions.

Season starts. Week 1 - one dayer
Games 2-6 all 2 dayers finishing the saturday before Xmas

Week after christmas break - one dayer (therefore extra week gained). round 7

ROund 8 -11 all 2 dayers.

Week 1 of finals (used to be last week of season) 1 v 2 3 v 4
week 2 (presuming high side wins) 1 in GF week off, 2 v 3. 4 is eliminated
Week 3 GF 1 v 2

This could be the same in all sections.

The only problem that some people would have is possibly playing 3 weeks of Sat/sun games. It is something that has to be weighed up against the added bonus and attraction of finishing in the top 2 and the fact it would make selections the week after christmas a lot easier.Every side will still play everyone once and once only in a 12 team section. Nothing changes except the extra one dayer.

if this was a motion that was being put forward this week, i for one would definitely be voting for it.

Thoughs??

Alot of people would have problems with 3 weekends taking up playing cricket... i know i would... Also January 2nd, bit soon surely!!! Can't agree sorry...

i didn say jan 2nd. that was westsider. with how think it should be there would be no change in breaks over christmas, start to the season or finish. all it is, that the finals are extended by a week and the minor round is decreased by a week

English translation please CK :oops: .
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Been liked: 20 times

Postby CoverKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 pm

i didn say jan 2nd. that was westsider. with how i think it should be there would be no change in the program at all.
not change over christmas, no early/late start to the season and the finals would finish on the same weekend still finish.
the only change is that the finals are extended by a week and the minor round is decreased by a week.

maybe i should read what i write from now on :lol: :lol:

ps: minutes signed sealed and delivered
CoverKing
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 pm

CoverKing wrote:i didn say jan 2nd. that was westsider. with how i think it should be there would be no change in the program at all.
not change over christmas, no early/late start to the season and the finals would finish on the same weekend still finish.
the only change is that the finals are extended by a week and the minor round is decreased by a week.

Much better thankyou

p.s About time :roll: :D .
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:51 pm

wycbloods wrote:
CoverKing wrote:i didn say jan 2nd. that was westsider. with how i think it should be there would be no change in the program at all.

Much better thankyou

p.s About time :roll: :D .

no probs.

ps: get f****d, ur the pres not my job.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Madrooster » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Geez Heaveup - little harsh there! Might have something to do with running in and landing on concrete thousands of times over the past 15 years too! Not everyone gets to put on keeping gloves and stay on the grass all day :D
Madrooster
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby boozers » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Lol Bazza, Good pick up mate!

Ive been playing 4 about 20 odd years now and it seems abandoned games are becoming more frequent due to pitch run-ups/rain affected outfields and the heat policy and more significantly the umpires are getting more pressure to abandon now, due to the Occ Health issue.Oh and we need some younger umpires that can handle the heat too....lol
Just think its time to try to make the points system fairer for a non-result.
Do you agree?
boozers
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby bazza1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Boozers we were always going to win that game chasing 300 ;) , but you have to admit that the ground was unfit for play, for both safety concerns and also it wasnt a level playing field.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby CoverKing » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 pm

level playing field it probably wasnt as they already had 300 on the board bazza ;)

Cant wait for the cricket season, not long to go now. associations AGM is on tuesday night, what are peoples thoughts on westminster? do they think they will get through with the turf pitch??
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:43 pm

A turf pitch is allowed in the ASCA Constitution isn't it?

Well it will be a massive advantage for them. In my very limited experience on turf the ball kept low and slow - not to mention the pitch in question wasn't flat. Not really in the spirit of ASCA IMO.

What was the discussion of 4-piece balls in relation to at the last meeting - Westminster games?
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Westsider » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:05 pm

As long as they don't force people to wear spike then I think it should be ok.

But over time it gives a huge advantage to Westminster. Their guys bat on every 2nd game or so. Whereas everyone else will bat on it once every 2 years.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Postby Bulldogs007 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 pm

bazza1 wrote:Boozers we were always going to win that game chasing 300 ;) , but you have to admit that the ground was unfit for play, for both safety concerns and also it wasnt a level playing field.

If this talk is about the Plympton game. Plympton where more than happy to field and try and bowl North Haven out. Gotta remember Plympton where fielding. It was just funny that our club cricket director spoke to a very high sitting person on the ASCA board and they said the game should have gone on. And that person even came to inspect the oval......It doesnt help when you have a 70+ year old umpire that hates any weather over 23 degrees either.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Postby bazza1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:19 pm

bazza1 wrote:Boozers we were always going to win that game chasing 300 ;) , but you have to admit that the ground was unfit for play, for both safety concerns and also it wasnt a level playing field.

I also spoke to a member of the ASCA committee and they said the right decision was made.
bazza1
Reserves

Postby Bulldogs007 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 pm

bazza1 wrote:

I also spoke to a member of the ASCA committee and they said the right decision was made.

We got told that game should have gone ahead and personally and as a club we all know it could have. The ground was not grat don't get me wrong, but we showed as we where warming up out on it getting ready to field that is was more than capable of having a game of cricket held on it. I still believe if we didnt have grandpa umpiring the game would have been played.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Postby CoverKing » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:A turf pitch is allowed in the ASCA Constitution isn't it?

Well it will be a massive advantage for them. In my very limited experience on turf the ball kept low and slow - not to mention the pitch in question wasn't flat. Not really in the spirit of ASCA IMO.

What was the discussion of 4-piece balls in relation to at the last meeting - Westminster games?

every one to use 2 piece balls westsider.
that will be an advantage for them playing on it every year and every second game. there was some concern about playing them there in round 11 and the rain cancelling a game. but from my point of view, westminster will be playing there more often and there at a disadvantage with there games having a greater chance of being called off.

and yes its in the constitution, something like a hardwicket, turf or string pitch is allowed.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby bazza1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm

My lasting memory of that game is when we were starting to leave, Marshy gave us the look of death and said "P!ss weak North Haven" I left pretty quickly! :-s
bazza1
Reserves

Postby wycbloods » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:53 am

Amateur Footy wrote:A turf pitch is allowed in the ASCA Constitution isn't it?

There was talk about whether a 4 piece ball would need to be used on the turf pitch or not. I see it as a disadvantage for Westminster as they will be changing every second week between hard wicket and turf and i can't see that being easy for them. As well as the likely hood their games are more likely to be called off due to rain. That is my biggest issue with it as that is the beauty of playing hard wicket cricket, you don't miss too many games because of the rain but turf have many a game called off due to pitches not being prepared.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:53 pm

bazza1 wrote:My lasting memory of that game is when we were starting to leave, Marshy gave us the look of death and said "P!ss weak North Haven" I left pretty quickly! :-s

is that marshy from plympton
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:59 pm

hows haven's looking westsider???
any new blokes picked up or anything??
u rolling the arm over again??
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Westsider » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm

ill be around the place again i guess

im like herpes, you can never quite get rid of me completely

not sure what grade though, some people reckon i can still play section 1, i doubt it
maybe section 3, or 2 at a push

see how the shoulder goes during pre-season

u suiting up at PACC? Or heading to Port Districts?
Westsider
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps