PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby arvoteapig » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:24 pm

I note with interest Eastern Park are able to nominate and get together a T20 team for Sundays competition… what a disgrace that club is, they should be fined for the Saturday forfeits, making a joke of this competition.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:35 am

Very disappointing from Eastern Park forfeiting against Dublin - I heard yesterday it was because some run in the two sides had during the two day match which is why EP refuse to play Dublin? No idea, but still not good enough in my opinion.

Easy answer would've been to drop them from Grade 1 when it was realised there was an exodus of players - but at what stage do you say enough is enough? Too often clubs drop down, then dominate or go well, then go up and repeat. Don't forget Eastern Park practically begged to remain in Grade 1 last season off the back of hiring Head as coach and having a strong squad - this was off the back of them pulling their Grade 1 side the season before.

Every time a club like say Eastern Park takes the option to drop grades, other clubs below are the ones who suffer - clubs pushed up that aren't ready and then clubs below who are building subject to beltings.

EP have done well in the most part to take their licks this year - but I have no sympathy for them - and I agree they shouldn't have been allowed to play yesterday if they fail to field a Saturday side.

As for the exec, whilst I do agree their organisation and communication leaves a lot to be desired, have to remember they're only volunteers and trying to do their best - most also still juggling roles at other clubs - and when every AGM roles around, no one else puts their hands up.

I honestly believe the sooner SACA take over the running of comps the better - they have the time and resources, and alleviates the pressure to find volunteers every season to put their hand up.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:49 am

p.s. it is a fine for forfeits, and it doubles each time I think?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am

arvoteapig wrote:I note with interest Eastern Park are able to nominate and get together a T20 team for Sundays competition… what a disgrace that club is, they should be fined for the Saturday forfeits, making a joke of this competition.

When Units pulled out, could've re-aligned Eastern Park to play Dublin, and not worried about Andrew Farm entering a side.

On their T20 yesterday, Benny McMullen with 120 or so I heard absolutely ripped Athelstone to shreds.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:20 am

Grade 1
97.50 - Salisbury West
81.50 - Dublin
63.50 - Virginia
54.70 - Angle Vale
------------------------
43.40 - Craigmore
13.50 - Eastern Park

Well back to the real stuff now, 3 two day matches remain. Top 2 locked in, Virginia with a tough run home but finishing with EP should hold 3rd and after Craigmore fell 7 runs shy on the weekend, you'd have to think Angle Vale clear enough to hold onto 4th regardless if they drop the last round to the Blues.

Travis McIntyre with 286 runs and 30 poles probably the medal, Lay and Grasser very consistent wont be far off. Davies with two innings against Eastern Park will finish top 5 in the runs.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:29 am

Grade 2
57.40 - Enfield
53.20 - Eyre Royals
47.90 - Parafield Gardens
47.0 - ATCO
---------------------
25.10 - Salisbury West
24.00 - North Pines

Parafield Gardens are really firming as the most dangerous side - knocked off the top of the table Eyre Royals - that's 5 in a row, and have to go back to November for their last loss. North Pines will probably rue a missed opportunity Saturday, rolling ATCO for 127 but then being all out for 79 themselves, was probably a good chance for a win - I see they made somewhat of amends yesterday though winning the T20.

Enfield probably lucky to win in their match - Cree dropped a couple times early, made 100 off around 50 balls and the team was 150 off 17 overs. Westies clawed back really well and if they'd held Cree early, may have been chasing a very modest total. In reply, they recovered well, and for the most part it looked like the rain might have the final say, but to the credit of the umpires (and Westies) they stuck at it, and the game found a conclusion.

Have to say the top 4 is set in stone - but with only 10pts between 1st and 4th, it's anyones guess who finishes where. ATCO prefer the 2 day stuff, they'll be pushing hard for max points Rd 15 against SW - they could come home with a wet sail... but I can't help but think it's Parafield who are primed to snatch top spot by time finals roll around... not bad considering they wanted to drop down out of Grade 2 before the season.

No idea who wins the medal, really hasn't been one consistent standout player all season. Maybe Craig D'Antonio.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:37 am

Grade 3
74.50 - North Pines
73.60 - Angle Vale
69.40 - Craigmore
65.50 - Enfield
-------------------------
58.10 - Eyre Royals
49.70 - One Tree Hill
48.10 - Salisbury West
27.70 - Virginia

Weekend of upsets has turned this division on it's head. Craigmore slip out of top spot, Enfield fail to push forward and create a buffer in the 4, Eyre Royals slip to Salisbury West whose season now looks alive, along with One Tree Hill.

Going to be an exciting finish, and with Salisbury West vs One Tree Hill in the last round, as well as Craigmore vs Enfield and Eyre vs Virginia, anything could happen!

North Pines: OTH (A), Craigmore (H), Angle Vale (H)
Angle Vale: Enfield (H), Salisbury West (H), North Pines (A)
Craigmore: Eyre Royals (H), North Pines (A), Enfield (H)
Enfield: Angle Vale (A), Eyre Royals (H), Craigmore (A)
Eyre Royals: Craigmore (A), Enfield (A), Virginia (H)
One Tree Hill: North Pines (A), Virginia (H), Salisbury West (A)
Salisbury West: Virginia (A), Angle Vale (A), OTH (H)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:42 am

T20 Round 1
Eyre Royals def Parafield Gardens
North Pines def ATCO
Angle Vale def Para Vista
Enfield def Craigmore
Eastern Park def Athelstone
Salisbury West def Virginia

Anyone know the outcome of the Andrew Farm / Dublin match?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 am

Appears performance points not added for one day matches.. ladders are well out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:20 am

The Bedge wrote:Appears performance points not added for one day matches.. ladders are well out.

By my count..

Grade 1
116.78 - Salisbury West
97.06 - Dublin
78.75 - Virginia
64.94 - Angle Vale
----------------------------
57.11 - Craigmore
21.70 - Eastern Park

Grade 2
88.90 - Enfield
82.64 - Eyre
80.57 - Parafield
77.92 - ATCO
---------------------------
53.04 - Salisbury West

Grade 3
85.65 - Angle Vale
84.54 - Enfield
83.18 - North Pines
81.41 - Craigmore
--------------------
72.15 - Eyre
62.73 - One Tree Hill
51.14 - Salisbury West
The Bedge
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:Grade 3
74.50 - North Pines
73.60 - Angle Vale
69.40 - Craigmore
65.50 - Enfield
-------------------------
58.10 - Eyre Royals
49.70 - One Tree Hill
48.10 - Salisbury West
27.70 - Virginia

Weekend of upsets has turned this division on it's head. Craigmore slip out of top spot, Enfield fail to push forward and create a buffer in the 4, Eyre Royals slip to Salisbury West whose season now looks alive, along with One Tree Hill.

Going to be an exciting finish, and with Salisbury West vs One Tree Hill in the last round, as well as Craigmore vs Enfield and Eyre vs Virginia, anything could happen!

North Pines: OTH (A), Craigmore (H), Angle Vale (H)
Angle Vale: Enfield (H), Salisbury West (H), North Pines (A)
Craigmore: Eyre Royals (H), North Pines (A), Enfield (H)
Enfield: Angle Vale (A), Eyre Royals (H), Craigmore (A)
Eyre Royals: Craigmore (A), Enfield (A), Virginia (H)
One Tree Hill: North Pines (A), Virginia (H), Salisbury West (A)
Salisbury West: Virginia (A), Angle Vale (A), OTH (H)

Enfield to storm home with P.Cree and M.Travis strolling around ?
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Richo_37 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:T20 Round 1
Eyre Royals def Parafield Gardens
North Pines def ATCO
Angle Vale def Para Vista
Enfield def Craigmore
Eastern Park def Athelstone
Salisbury West def Virginia

Anyone know the outcome of the Andrew Farm / Dublin match?

Unfortunately it was scheduled for our back oval and had to be postponed due to the rain (Stick down matting)
Richo_37
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:26 pm

Richo_37 wrote:Unfortunately it was scheduled for our back oval and had to be postponed due to the rain (Stick down matting)

Cheers big ears.

Maybe they should just make that match the QF, then there would be 8 teams and work out well. Smart money would have Dublin short priced favorites to win, and I'd feel better by not having a losing side receive a double chance.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby arvoteapig » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:57 pm

President, secretary etc are paid jobs from my understanding.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby Observer55 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:Very disappointing from Eastern Park forfeiting against Dublin - I heard yesterday it was because some run in the two sides had during the two day match which is why EP refuse to play Dublin? No idea, but still not good enough in my opinion.

Easy answer would've been to drop them from Grade 1 when it was realised there was an exodus of players - but at what stage do you say enough is enough? Too often clubs drop down, then dominate or go well, then go up and repeat. Don't forget Eastern Park practically begged to remain in Grade 1 last season off the back of hiring Head as coach and having a strong squad - this was off the back of them pulling their Grade 1 side the season before.

Every time a club like say Eastern Park takes the option to drop grades, other clubs below are the ones who suffer - clubs pushed up that aren't ready and then clubs below who are building subject to beltings.

EP have done well in the most part to take their licks this year - but I have no sympathy for them - and I agree they shouldn't have been allowed to play yesterday if they fail to field a Saturday side.

As for the exec, whilst I do agree their organisation and communication leaves a lot to be desired, have to remember they're only volunteers and trying to do their best - most also still juggling roles at other clubs - and when every AGM roles around, no one else puts their hands up.

I honestly believe the sooner SACA take over the running of comps the better - they have the time and resources, and alleviates the pressure to find volunteers every season to put their hand up.

So the answer is to hide and refuse to play them? Whimps

What would the run in be Bedge? From all accounts the game at EP earlier in the year was played in great spirits and Dublin didn’t put them to the sword as Westies did, the Skipper was very pleased they weren’t chasing leather all day.

Whimps!
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:32 pm

Whoa! Don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

I heard - and it's probably 3rd or 4th hand - that EP took offence to some sledging of their players, and referring to them as "retards". EP apparently complained to PDCA and told them they refuse to play Dublin again, hence the two forfeits.

No idea how much truth to it etc.. just what I heard. I didn't even realise they'd forfeited once let alone twice until last night.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby arvoteapig » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm

A club dictating who they will and won’t play in GRADE ONE cricket… laughable and pathetic.

Obviously if a report was warranted the umpire and league would have made action and they didn’t so all of this chat is just nonsensical BS from a team scared of copping another flogging.
arvoteapig
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:34 pm

arvoteapig wrote:A club dictating who they will and won’t play in GRADE ONE cricket… laughable and pathetic.

Obviously if a report was warranted the umpire and league would have made action and they didn’t so all of this chat is just nonsensical BS from a team scared of copping another flogging.

Is that you Graser, its probably cost you $400 or 500 :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:31 pm

Fair old ruckus at Eyre on Saturday, some bizarre calls made for an interesting day full on controversy. Gutsy win by the Gardens in the end, even Barry must’ve struck at over 75.
Gardens nearly stole the show in the T20 too, requiring 48 off 3 overs and dead in the water, Matty Marsden went bang and they fell about 5 short, I think he got dropped 3 times within an over and a bit too but bloody hell he hit them sweetly.
Good bunch of blokes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:Grade 2
57.40 - Enfield
53.20 - Eyre Royals
47.90 - Parafield Gardens
47.0 - ATCO
---------------------
25.10 - Salisbury West
24.00 - North Pines

Parafield Gardens are really firming as the most dangerous side - knocked off the top of the table Eyre Royals - that's 5 in a row, and have to go back to November for their last loss. North Pines will probably rue a missed opportunity Saturday, rolling ATCO for 127 but then being all out for 79 themselves, was probably a good chance for a win - I see they made somewhat of amends yesterday though winning the T20.

Enfield probably lucky to win in their match - Cree dropped a couple times early, made 100 off around 50 balls and the team was 150 off 17 overs. Westies clawed back really well and if they'd held Cree early, may have been chasing a very modest total. In reply, they recovered well, and for the most part it looked like the rain might have the final say, but to the credit of the umpires (and Westies) they stuck at it, and the game found a conclusion.

Have to say the top 4 is set in stone - but with only 10pts between 1st and 4th, it's anyones guess who finishes where. ATCO prefer the 2 day stuff, they'll be pushing hard for max points Rd 15 against SW - they could come home with a wet sail... but I can't help but think it's Parafield who are primed to snatch top spot by time finals roll around... not bad considering they wanted to drop down out of Grade 2 before the season.

No idea who wins the medal, really hasn't been one consistent standout player all season. Maybe Craig D'Antonio.

You guys and ATCO for mine in the two dayers, Gardens would win the one day comp if there was one IMO. Watching them take the field you wouldn’t pick them as being dangerous but they have a fair arsenal of variation with the ball, if they nab a home final they will certainly use the tiny boundary to their advantage.

They bat with flair and little care, they bat quite deep too, sitting near them is humorous, they don’t put pressure on themselves which probably makes them bat with a relaxed attitude. They have 3 very handy batters.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps