Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Postby custardarm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 pm

saveyourlegs wrote:
custardarm wrote:
saveyourlegs wrote:Whats going on with cricket next year custardarm?

Done , all over

What about going out and having a year with LM?

i have a theory about cricket SYL and it goes like this :- if u are a batsman and u are free flowing , all the shots and can score at will at times then those are the blokes who seem to play longer cos they really enjoy it (ie catchit ,c.mclean and creekers to a lesser extent); if on the other hand u have a great defense and about 2 scoring shots and u really have to grind ( and run ) all of your runs i think u just dont enjoy it as much ,unfortunately for me i fall into the second category and hence the cricket bug got sprayed by mortein a while ago and came back to life a little when i started bowling ( really enjoy the tweakers ) but those clubs that want me arent wanting me as a bowler so i guess weighing it all up i think golf will win.
custardarm
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Masha » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 pm

browny2323 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
browny2323 wrote:You care to share!?

What's Groover or Haysey doing?

What about Marshall?

If we are thinking about the same Marshall then wouldn't bother. Rubbish player, probably worse than you Browny (if that's possible)

Wouldn't bother with Haysey, heart the size of a pea and would prob only play C grade.

What about Sibbick Browny? Still playing out there next year?
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby saveyourlegs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:55 pm

custardarm wrote:
saveyourlegs wrote:
custardarm wrote:

Done , all over

i have a theory about cricket SYL and it goes like this :- if u are a batsman and u are free flowing , all the shots and can score at will at times then those are the blokes who seem to play longer cos they really enjoy it (ie catchit ,c.mclean and creekers to a lesser extent); if on the other hand u have a great defense and about 2 scoring shots and u really have to grind ( and run ) all of your runs i think u just dont enjoy it as much ,unfortunately for me i fall into the second category and hence the cricket bug got sprayed by mortein a while ago and came back to life a little when i started bowling ( really enjoy the tweakers ) but those clubs that want me arent wanting me as a bowler so i guess weighing it all up i think golf will win.

come on custardarm any team would love to have you in there side,Good bowler good batter and a great knowledge of the game what side wouldn't want you? Im sure LM is very keen to have you in his side, and so would we!I can remember that oneday game against atco last season and you hit 98 and smashing them to all parts of the ground, and you took 20 odd wickets for the year.. you have still got the ability and with a footy season under the belt you should be pretty fit ;)
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby saveyourlegs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Masha wrote:
browny2323 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
browny2323 wrote:You care to share!?

What's Groover or Haysey doing?

What about Marshall?

If we are thinking about the same Marshall then wouldn't bother. Rubbish player, probably worse than you Browny (if that's possible)

Wouldn't bother with Haysey, heart the size of a pea and would prob only play C grade.

What about Sibbick Browny? Still playing out there next year?

I hear a rumour that sibb is going to sandy,any truth in that browny?
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:07 am

saveyourlegs wrote:
come on custardarm any team would love to have you in there side,Good bowler good batter and a great knowledge of the game what side wouldn't want you? Im sure LM is very keen to have you in his side, and so would we!I can remember that oneday game against atco last season and you hit 98 and smashing them to all parts of the ground, and you took 20 odd wickets for the year.. you have still got the ability and with a footy season under the belt you should be pretty fit ;)

Thanks for your help legs, custard and I played junior district together and were only 16 when playing A grade for Elizabeth although they were only in "B Grade" district at that stage, he opened the batting and I opened the bowling, I ahve an enormous amount of respect for his cricket ability and a player of his nature is exactly what we are lacking, we don't have an offie either.
On a brighter note, on my way home last nght I stopped in at a servo despite not really needing fuel, just wanted to top up on "cheap ass Tuesday", a mate called out to me that I haven't seen for 10 years, he has just returned from Melbourne after 6 years. We stopped and had a fair chat and he is keen to come and have a hit with us, he is an absolute gun batsman and has played a fair bit of A grade district. He's still in good nick and he will be a huge asset in developing our youth and making us far more competetive, I was over the moon last night and now I'd rather us stay in div. 2 and go with the 8 team division, another couple of pick-ups and we'll be right up there, we have 3 other possible recruits from rival clubs, 1 is a certainty and the other 2 are iffy's at this stage.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8069 times

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 am

custardarm wrote:
saveyourlegs wrote:
custardarm wrote:

Done , all over

You need to get your partner in crime Pickers back out for a hit. Then blast some more balls through cover point ! As if you dont have any shots mate ! "We catchin a bream"
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby chrissymac7 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:38 am

I have a theory about cricket SYL and it goes like this :- if u are a batsman and u are free flowing , all the shots and can score at will at times then those are the blokes who seem to play longer cos they really enjoy it (ie catchit ,c.mclean and creekers to a lesser extent); if on the other hand u have a great defense and about 2 scoring shots and u really have to grind ( and run ) all of your runs i think u just dont enjoy it as much ,unfortunately for me i fall into the second category and hence the cricket bug got sprayed by mortein a while ago and came back to life a little when i started bowling ( really enjoy the tweakers ) but those clubs that want me arent wanting me as a bowler so i guess weighing it all up i think golf will win.[/quote]

Custard i have the same theory!! But ill let you in on a big tip.. I enjoy the social scene alot more than playing cricket.. Some guys live and breath it...

I think ur down grading urself again aswell.. Time for you to take some confidence out of your ability. Your a long time retired....
chrissymac7
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 am

custardarm wrote:i have a theory about cricket SYL and it goes like this :- if u are a batsman and u are free flowing , all the shots and can score at will at times then those are the blokes who seem to play longer cos they really enjoy it (ie catchit ,c.mclean and creekers to a lesser extent); if on the other hand u have a great defense and about 2 scoring shots and u really have to grind ( and run ) all of your runs i think u just dont enjoy it as much ,unfortunately for me i fall into the second category and hence the cricket bug got sprayed by mortein a while ago and came back to life a little when i started bowling ( really enjoy the tweakers ) but those clubs that want me arent wanting me as a bowler so i guess weighing it all up i think golf will win.

I agree to an extent, however i find it more frustrating and struggle for enjoyment if you put pressure on yourself to perform and dont or your team mates have expectations on you.

At the end of the day, you didnt start playing cricket or continue because you were a star, its becoz u enjoy the social side,the mates, the beers, the competition, the sledging all day long lol!!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Browny25 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:08 am

No sibbick isnt going anywhere as far as i know.

Masha - you may be right about Marhsall ;)
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:14 am

browny2323 wrote:No sibbick isnt going anywhere as far as i know.

Haysey captained Eastern Park A's last season
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Didnt say anything about Haysey!
Browny25
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am

browny2323 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Didnt say anything about Haysey!

Sorry, I replied to the wrong quote, has he indicated a move for cricket aswell?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

Honestly hasnt been discussed
Browny25
Coach

Postby catchit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 am

chrissy hit it on the head custard. You have loads of ability and alot to offer a young team.. I was fortunate to play a season with you but i must admitt you talked your cricket ability down to much.. I know you are not one to say you are a star but i could easily see you passing your wisdom on to the youth while playing still.. Unless you no in your heart you have had enough you have still got what it takes to play at any level..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:47 am

catchit wrote:chrissy hit it on the head custard. You have loads of ability and alot to offer a young team.. I was fortunate to play a season with you but i must admitt you talked your cricket ability down to much.. I know you are not one to say you are a star but i could easily see you passing your wisdom on to the youth while playing still.. Unless you no in your heart you have had enough you have still got what it takes to play at any level..

He'll be impressed with our new pick-up, same era and credentials as Mr C.Arm
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:47 am

We would love to have you at the lodge custard!

Opening bat and tweaker... something we need.

Invaluable experience! ;)
Browny25
Coach

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
catchit wrote:chrissy hit it on the head custard. You have loads of ability and alot to offer a young team.. I was fortunate to play a season with you but i must admitt you talked your cricket ability down to much.. I know you are not one to say you are a star but i could easily see you passing your wisdom on to the youth while playing still.. Unless you no in your heart you have had enough you have still got what it takes to play at any level..

Niel Graham ? :)
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:56 am

Wizard of Oz wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Niel Graham ? :)

Na, JM, not Marslen
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 am

Jimmy...nice. Hits a long ball.
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:Jimmy...nice. Hits a long ball.

I'm pretty stoked, we were great mates, thank god for "cheap-ass Tuesdays". He's been interstate for 6 years.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps