ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Freaky Tah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:52 pm

leftarmoffie wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:
leftarmoffie wrote:
Freaky Tah wrote:I hear Damian Seekamp is the new player/coach of Woodville South, what his back ground!!

Use to play at Grange and goes pretty good

cheers leftarmoffie, yeh did notice he made a few, play district??

Not sure on that but is a pretty solid bat

Cheers lefty, just looking at the results lately and Woody South and D.Seeekamp as Capt/Coach seem too be travelling well a 59, 118, and 99 plus 2 wins on the trot, Marion look the testing material though in A2 after that its a matter of who plays Marion in the GF IMO
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:54 am

Use to play at Grange and goes pretty good[/quote]

cheers leftarmoffie, yeh did notice he made a few, play district??[/quote]

Not sure on that but is a pretty solid bat[/quote]

Cheers lefty, just looking at the results lately and Woody South and D.Seeekamp as Capt/Coach seem too be travelling well a 59, 118, and 99 plus 2 wins on the trot, Marion look the testing material though in A2 after that its a matter of who plays Marion in the GF IMO[/quote]

He is one of the premium bats in the A2 comp, along with Watson and McAllister. Don't forget Hope Valley, also undefeated yet this season, along with Marion. The rest, except maybe Hectorville, are extremely close and will be fighting it put for the last 2 spots in the 4.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 am

I suspect Marion and Hope Valley are about on par with each other, but miles ahead of the rest. I haven't seen either team play this season, but the A2 cricket I have seen has been pretty ordinary. Cannot see any teams outside Marion and Hope Valley challenging.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 am

With the suspension of the B Grade sides in A2 rule is this likely to stay as is if such a side avoids relegation?

Reason I'm asking is I'm surprised that Goodwood are mid table at this point of the season.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:55 am

heater31 wrote:With the suspension of the B Grade sides in A2 rule is this likely to stay as is if such a side avoids relegation?

Reason I'm asking is I'm surprised that Goodwood are mid table at this point of the season.

I'm surprised as well, but as I said in previous post, a lot of the teams in A2 are pretty ordinary. Many rely on 3 or 4 quality players and the rest are sub standard. Goodwood earnt their spot in A2 and if they finish 10th or higher they would have earnt their right to stay in A2. Goodwood B Grade are a steady side and while they don't have any super stars they are well organised and have a reasonable attack.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:00 am

There was a bit of discussion about bonus points being up for grabs in the second innings. I notice that two games didn't have a second innings on Saturday. Marion bowled out Port Districts in 51.3 overs, but no second innings. Woody South bowled out Hectorville in 66.2 overs, but no second innings. I know it was hot, but every year finals spots and relegation comes down to bonus points, so I'm surprised these teams are forfeiting points.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:06 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:There was a bit of discussion about bonus points being up for grabs in the second innings. I notice that two games didn't have a second innings on Saturday. Marion bowled out Port Districts in 51.3 overs, but no second innings. Woody South bowled out Hectorville in 66.2 overs, but no second innings. I know it was hot, but every year finals spots and relegation comes down to bonus points, so I'm surprised these teams are forfeiting points.

Think you'll find Woody South batted second and batted for 90.3 overs.. Which with change overs each innings takes the total above 160 overs..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:15 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:There was a bit of discussion about bonus points being up for grabs in the second innings. I notice that two games didn't have a second innings on Saturday. Marion bowled out Port Districts in 51.3 overs, but no second innings. Woody South bowled out Hectorville in 66.2 overs, but no second innings. I know it was hot, but every year finals spots and relegation comes down to bonus points, so I'm surprised these teams are forfeiting points.

My understanding in the Marion v Pt Districts was an elderly umpire got left doing the match on his own on Day 2. The decision may have been based on the heat and maybe his well being. The slight amount of bonus points may help Pt Districts at seasons end.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:17 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
heater31 wrote:With the suspension of the B Grade sides in A2 rule is this likely to stay as is if such a side avoids relegation?

I'm surprised as well, but as I said in previous post, a lot of the teams in A2 are pretty ordinary. Many rely on 3 or 4 quality players and the rest are sub standard. Goodwood earnt their spot in A2 and if they finish 10th or higher they would have earnt their right to stay in A2. Goodwood B Grade are a steady side and while they don't have any super stars they are well organised and have a reasonable attack.

What teams have you watched this season so far?
helicopterking
Coach

Postby thevoice » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:30 am

helicopterking wrote:Use to play at Grange and goes pretty good

cheers leftarmoffie, yeh did notice he made a few, play district??[/quote]

Not sure on that but is a pretty solid bat[/quote]

Cheers lefty, just looking at the results lately and Woody South and D.Seeekamp as Capt/Coach seem too be travelling well a 59, 118, and 99 plus 2 wins on the trot, Marion look the testing material though in A2 after that its a matter of who plays Marion in the GF IMO[/quote]

He is one of the premium bats in the A2 comp, along with Watson and McAllister. Don't forget Hope Valley, also undefeated yet this season, along with Marion. The rest, except maybe Hectorville, are extremely close and will be fighting it put for the last 2 spots in the 4.[/quote]

I'd throw Bone into the premium mix from Fulham. Just as good as McAllister and about 15 years younger, just hasn't gone on to get a big one this year yet.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:01 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Unley - have some good cricketers, (Carrick-Smith would be in top 5 bats in A2, Geddies a good allrounder and Cook and Karvelas go OK with the ball. Surprised to see they have only won one game. Have been let down by batting.
Woodville South - couple of good bats (Seekamp & Vinci), rest of the line up is fragile and pretty lame bowling attack
Pulteney OS - I'm surprised they have won any games
Goodwood - well organised and steady, but lack class players, which is to be expected for a B Grade team
Fulham - Probably the best of the teams I have seen. They would be third if they hadn't played a banned player in round 1 against Unley
Ingle Farm - They lack depth and have struggled with the bat, but may improve if all their best players are available
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:46 pm

thevoice wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Use to play at Grange and goes pretty

Cheers lefty, just looking at the results lately and Woody South and D.Seeekamp as Capt/Coach seem too be travelling well a 59, 118, and 99 plus 2 wins on the trot, Marion look the testing material though in A2 after that its a matter of who plays Marion in the GF IMO

He is one of the premium bats in the A2 comp, along with Watson and McAllister. Don't forget Hope Valley, also undefeated yet this season, along with Marion. The rest, except maybe Hectorville, are extremely close and will be fighting it put for the last 2 spots in the 4.

I'd throw Bone into the premium mix from Fulham. Just as good as McAllister and about 15 years younger, just hasn't gone on to get a big one this year yet.[/quote]

Similar type of player.
McAllister has scored 462 first innings runs compared to Bone 176 first innings runs. Don't think McAllister is all that old either,unless Bone is really young.
Watson,McAllister,Seekamp,Carrick -Smith, Wilkins,Bone,Pocock are all very good bats in A2s.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Bone played ATCA U21s last year and may still be eligible this year? McAllister has been around forever - 12 years at Flinders Uni before moving to Marion. The two opening bats from Flinders Uni last year are both leading the runs in A1 and A2. Both good bats. If you played against Flinders Uni over the past couple of years it was just a matter of getting those two out ..... the rest fell over like a pack of cards.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby leftarmoffie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Unley - have some good cricketers, (Carrick-Smith would be in top 5 bats in A2, Geddies a good allrounder and Cook and Karvelas go OK with the ball. Surprised to see they have only won one game. Have been let down by batting.
Woodville South - couple of good bats (Seekamp & Vinci), rest of the line up is fragile and pretty lame bowling attack
Pulteney OS - I'm surprised they have won any games
Goodwood - well organised and steady, but lack class players, which is to be expected for a B Grade team
Fulham - Probably the best of the teams I have seen. They would be third if they hadn't played a banned player in round 1 against Unley
Ingle Farm - They lack depth and have struggled with the bat, but may improve if all their best players are available

The Ingle Farm juniors don't look to have taken the step up to senior standard as yet
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:20 am

Gotta love when team's umpire themselves:

A new take on the walking rule: A team, in a grade which umpires itself, has a walking rule - to make it easier for their team-mates who are umps. On the weekend, a bloke's smashed the ball and hasn't walked. The ump's response was along the lines of, "we have a walking rule. He didn't walk, so I didn't give him".

Funnily enough, one of our umpires the week before gave his best mate out caught behind, even though he didn't hear the snick due to the wind: "He's my best mate, I looked at his face and knew he was guilty, so I gave him out".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Stumps » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 am

They are over complicating a pretty simple issue. Give it out if it's definitely out. Give it not out if it's definitely not out or your not sure
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:06 am

The golden rule at our club when umpiring is that you are the umpire first and foremost, and team loyalty goes out the window. Our blokes are instructed to walk when they know they've knicked it so as not to pressure your mate into having to give you out.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:12 am

tigerpie wrote:The golden rule at our club when umpiring is that you are the umpire first and foremost, and team loyalty goes out the window. Our blokes are instructed to walk when they know they've knicked it so as not to pressure your mate into having to give you out.

Yep should standanised rule

Proper umpire- never walk

Own umpire- walk
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Unfortunately some teams rate winning/cheating over fair play. These same teams seem to crash out when finals come around.
On another note, there seems to be very inventive scorers in the l.o. comp?
1s turn in to 4s pretty easy!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:58 pm

tigerpie wrote:Unfortunately some teams rate winning/cheating over fair play. These same teams seem to crash out when finals come around.
On another note, there seems to be very inventive scorers in the l.o. comp?
1s turn in to 4s pretty easy!

Not sure if this guy thought of it as cheating, rather his interpretation of their 'rules'.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps