Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 am

The Angry Bull wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:In terms of the Jets and their country zone, there seems to have been a fair bit of traffic from Gawler to TTG in recent years. Why is that?

Travis Head is your answer. Cammo was also involved with the Trinity College side for a while too if im not mistaken

There's been a few others, other than Trav.
Actually, there's a few kids who head to Gullies and Golden Grove on Sundays to play footy from Gawler too.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby daysofourlives » Mon May 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:In terms of the Jets and their country zone, there seems to have been a fair bit of traffic from Gawler to TTG in recent years. Why is that?

Travis Head is your answer. Cammo was also involved with the Trinity College side for a while too if im not mistaken

There's been a few others, other than Trav.
Actually, there's a few kids who head to Gullies and Golden Grove on Sundays to play footy from Gawler too.

Think AB is saying the kids have gone to TTG because of Travis Head
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2434 times
Been liked: 1670 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 am

I think they were going before that.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:12 am

Would kids bypass other Premier Cricket Clubs just because the State Captain and fringe international player played there? Maybe they have a far better development set up and culture.....build it and they will come especially if you are surrounded by rival clubs.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 am

heater31 wrote:Would kids bypass other Premier Cricket Clubs just because the State Captain and fringe international player played there? Maybe they have a far better development set up and culture.....build it and they will come especially if you are surrounded by rival clubs.

They certainly do have a fantastic set up and culture. it is a reason why i bypassed ND for TTG. Combined with the fact that they had Pascoe x2, Wilson, Marks etc coming through i thought opportunities in my age group were limited.

there were certainly some other Barossa players involved with TTG at the time however the emergence of Gawler/Barossa players certainly gained traction as a result of a group of school friends from Trinity ie: Head, O'Hara, Cotter, Barraclough, Stibbs, Krieg. A number of the guys have returned to the Trinity Old scholars.

whilst Trav may not be the deciding factor, i would suggest that since he is a likable bloke who has achieved success grouped with the fact that TTG has a great facility, structure and culture that it would make TTG a desirable place to play cricket.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Happycamper » Tue May 16, 2017 4:07 pm

If the stories are correct then Trav's first club should have been Northerns - didn't they not pick him in their squad following tryouts in under 12s?

How many Barossa based, not Gawler based, players actually played seniors for TTG in 16/17?
Happycamper
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue May 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Happycamper wrote:If the stories are correct then Trav's first club should have been Northerns - didn't they not pick him in their squad following tryouts in under 12s?

How many Barossa based, not Gawler based, players actually played seniors for TTG in 16/17?

They didn't have U/12s when Trav started.

I think where he lives is counted as 'metro' too which means he could play for Jets or any neighbouring club (TTG, Port, Prospect).
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Happycamper wrote:If the stories are correct then Trav's first club should have been Northerns - didn't they not pick him in their squad following tryouts in under 12s?

I reckon the answer to that would be zero, i cant think of anyone
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Tue May 16, 2017 6:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

I reckon the answer to that would be zero, i cant think of anyone

I think you are right Days. TTG Barossa raids pretty much ended a couple of years ago when the JC changed.
Trav came to TTG as 10 year old when TTG answered an email and invited him and Northerns didn't. His old man was JC for a couple of years and also cricket director for a couple. Very influential in Barossa raiding by TTG and did a great job whilst onTTG board, unfortunately he has moved on but still has the occasional beer at the club.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Happycamper » Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 pm

So it would appear Northerns have not currently lost any senior (or juniors that have progressed into seniors) Barossa based players to TTG.....any playing senior cricket at any other premier clubs? I am aware of one that was school related.
Happycamper
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Happycamper wrote:So it would appear Northerns have not currently lost any senior (or juniors that have progressed into seniors) Barossa based players to TTG.....any playing senior cricket at any other premier clubs? I am aware of one that was school related.

Woodville ( Gardham) , Glenelg i think (Harms and Whitelum). only senior players i can think of at the moment that arent at Jets
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Hound » Wed May 17, 2017 11:33 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Happycamper wrote:So it would appear Northerns have not currently lost any senior (or juniors that have progressed into seniors) Barossa based players to TTG.....any playing senior cricket at any other premier clubs? I am aware of one that was school related.

Woodville ( Gardham) , Glenelg i think (Harms and Whitelum). only senior players i can think of at the moment that arent at Jets

Harms had 1 junior season on Brighton Road but now plays for Adelaide Uni and Pt Adelaide (depending on age competition :twisted: ), eg seniors Adelaide Uni, U/17 Pt A. Whitelum played juniors at Glenelg in between college commitments this season
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed May 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

They didn't have U/12s when Trav started.

I think where he lives is counted as 'metro' too which means he could play for Jets or any neighbouring club (TTG, Port, Prospect).

That's correct TC he lived in the blakeview/craigmore area
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby Happycamper » Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 pm

The Hound wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Harms had 1 junior season on Brighton Road but now plays for Adelaide Uni and Pt Adelaide (depending on age competition :twisted: ), eg seniors Adelaide Uni, U/17 Pt A. Whitelum played juniors at Glenelg in between college commitments this season

Thanks - looking at MyCricket not sure if Gardham ever played juniors in the Barossa,Whitelum has not played a senior game for Glenelg (not sure if he will), and Harms is a "special" case (4 premier clubs in 3 seasons).

Based on this Northerns are hardly losing players from their country zone (Barossa) to other senior premier clubs.
Happycamper
Mini-League

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed May 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Is Gawler not country zone?
That's interesting.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed May 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Happycamper wrote:
The Hound wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Thanks - looking at MyCricket not sure if Gardham ever played juniors in the Barossa,Whitelum has not played a senior game for Glenelg (not sure if he will), and Harms is a "special" case (4 premier clubs in 3 seasons).

Based on this Northerns are hardly losing players from their country zone (Barossa) to other senior premier clubs.

what is the current state of play with country zones and their alignment with premier clubs? is it the case that a kid from that region must preference the premier club who is charged with that region but can elect to place elsewhere or is it mandatory (something akin to SANFL) that the kid must play for that club. For instance, i end up with an Angry Calf and he would like to play for TTG rather than Adelaide, who's zone we currently reside in, is there anything in place which prevents that from happening?
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Is Gawler not country zone?
That's interesting.

Gawler Souths and Centrals play in the Barossa which is country. South Gawler had a couple of reps in the mid north side in the country carnival this year
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
Happycamper wrote:
The Hound wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:[quote="Happycamper"]So it would appear Northerns have not currently lost any senior (or juniors that have progressed into seniors) Barossa based players to TTG.....any playing senior cricket at any other premier clubs? I am aware of one that was school related.

what is the current state of play with country zones and their alignment with premier clubs? is it the case that a kid from that region must preference the premier club who is charged with that region but can elect to place elsewhere or is it mandatory (something akin to SANFL) that the kid must play for that club. For instance, i end up with an Angry Calf and he would like to play for TTG rather than Adelaide, who's zone we currently reside in, is there anything in place which prevents that from happening?[/quote]
You will need a clearance from Adelaide for junior bulls......which should be granted just ask Prospect ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Happycamper » Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm

That's interesting.

Not really interesting, SACA notes Gawler (postcode 5118) as Northern METRO....Barossa postcodes are Northern COUNTRY.
Happycamper
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Happycamper wrote:
That's interesting.

Not really interesting, SACA notes Gawler (postcode 5118) as Northern METRO....Barossa postcodes are Northern COUNTRY.

So anyone at a Gawler club can go to any of the 4 clubs nearby? is that what youre saying?
Maybe that needs to get changed for starters to aid the Jets. The Jets try to work with the B&LCA but if all they are doing is developing kids for other clubs you could understand them feeling aggrieved by this. Seems crazy that in a country association not all the clubs are aligned to the same district club. I think there is other clubs in the association aligned with Woodville.
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps