Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Postby Don Brook » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Heard a rumor last night, Sandy Creek cricket club looking to merger/ be taken over by a local football club, my source is unsure of which club, but tell me they have had a meeting re the merge, I would think it would be either
Barossa District or Kersbrook, The three Gawler football clubs have a cricket club alined to already.
Don Brook
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby norm11 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Don Brook wrote:Heard a rumor last night, Sandy Creek cricket club looking to merger/ be taken over by a local football club, my source is unsure of which club, but tell me they have had a meeting re the merge, I would think it would be either
Barossa District or Kersbrook, The three Gawler football clubs have a cricket club alined to already.

lol . Dont know who you get your info from DB but definetly not happening. :lol: Sorry for all the laughing just find it funny. Is your club going to fill sides this year DB?
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:31 pm

norm11 wrote:
Don Brook wrote:Heard a rumor last night, Sandy Creek cricket club looking to merger/ be taken over by a local football club, my source is unsure of which club, but tell me they have had a meeting re the merge, I would think it would be either

lol . Dont know who you get your info from DB but definetly not happening. :lol: Sorry for all the laughing just find it funny. Is your club going to fill sides this year DB?

I'd imagine it would be a good football venue, I remember having a junior football presentation there many moons ago, have they ever played footy out there?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby james07 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:

I'd imagine it would be a good football venue, I remember having a junior football presentation there many moons ago, have they ever played footy out there?

long time ago back when sandy creek actually had a footy side but i cant see it happening
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:10 pm

james07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:

long time ago back when sandy creek actually had a footy side but i cant see it happening

It was twenty+ years ago when I remember them having some goal posts there
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Seccafien to go to the Jets, ouch, that would hurt Virginia's chances. They've waited so long to get into div.1, they'll need to pick someone up to stay there. Any news on Rosies or OTH, have they got anyone coming back?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby james07 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Seccafien to go to the Jets, ouch, that would hurt Virginia's chances. They've waited so long to get into div.1, they'll need to pick someone up to stay there. Any news on Rosies or OTH, have they got anyone coming back?

i thought that he was going to port from other posts, ive heard OTH have got back rogers and Mcnair and they were chasing Anthony johnson as coach but he has knocked it back to return to Sals nth.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:58 pm

james07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Seccafien to go to the Jets, ouch, that would hurt Virginia's chances. They've waited so long to get into div.1, they'll need to pick someone up to stay there. Any news on Rosies or OTH, have they got anyone coming back?

i thought that he was going to port from other posts, ive heard OTH have got back rogers and Mcnair and they were chasing Anthony johnson as coach but he has knocked it back to return to Sals nth.

Yeah, sorry mate, Seccafien alledgedly going to Port Adelaide.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Don Brook » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm

norm11 wrote:

Hey Norm 11 so not truth in the rumour SC juniors wants to aline the club with Barossa Dist. Junior footy side, I have nothing to do with the cricket club just the footy, be honest Norm its a smart move. Touch a nerve Norm
Don Brook
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Don Brook wrote:
norm11 wrote:

Hey Norm 11 so not truth in the rumour SC juniors wants to aline the club with Barossa Dist. Junior footy side, I have nothing to do with the cricket club just the footy, be honest Norm its a smart move. Touch a nerve Norm

Sandy Creek have built their junior cricket up very well over the past few years, I can't see why they would want to complicate things by aligning with a football club. They get free reign of an oval whenever they require it, clubs with football and cricket find it difficult during the two cross-over periods of the year.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby norm11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 pm

Don Brook wrote:
norm11 wrote:

No truth to it what so ever. I think our junior structure is fantastic and doesnt need any help. With 7 junior sides this year we are going very nicely thamks
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby norm11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Don Brook wrote:
norm11 wrote:

Sandy Creek have built their junior cricket up very well over the past few years, I can't see why they would want to complicate things by aligning with a football club. They get free reign of an oval whenever they require it, clubs with football and cricket find it difficult during the two cross-over periods of the year.

Couldnt have put it better my self
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby DemonGirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:05 am

Eastern Park starts cricket training next wed just in case anyone cares Haha
EPFC Under 18's Back to Back Premiers 2010 & 2011
DemonGirl
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 am

DemonGirl wrote:Eastern Park starts cricket training next wed just in case anyone cares Haha

Who's coaching them DG?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DemonGirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
DemonGirl wrote:Eastern Park starts cricket training next wed just in case anyone cares Haha

Who's coaching them DG?

John Ashworth and Darren Knox i think
DemonGirl
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 pm

DemonGirl wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Who's coaching them DG?

OK, thanks. Are you on the book again?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DemonGirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
DemonGirl wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Who's coaching them DG?

OK, thanks. Are you on the book again?

hope not hahah no i havent been asked yet... waitin for it tho
DemonGirl
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:05 pm

With the loss of a few players Two Wells to sruggle this year. New favourites sals west.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby Rolls Royce » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:59 am

Hahaha...nice deflection Norm. Sandy are definitely favourites.

Salisbury West to lose Chad McInnes too.

Another rumour - Salisbury North chasing Adam Ozolins.
Rolls Royce
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:39 am

Two Wells, Sandy Creek and Salisbury West to battle out the top three again. Darren Ellis to Two Wells will be a handy pick up.
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps