Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

When are you guys going to start playing cricket instead of running your mouth, I mean I heard seb goldsmith top scored yesterday for elliot, he is an improved cricketer, but not saying alot for your batting at the club. All I hear every season is how elliot will be premiers and contenders, but you guys are proving that you are PRETENDERS!!!!
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:50 pm

rockyb talk all over again!
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

And if your hinging your hopes this week on Simon taking 10 wickets ....good luck!!!!
Geez I would agree, if you had of proved a point yesterday and beaten compass would have shown something for your depth but making excuses yet again!!!
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:18 pm

should be interesting to see how elliot go against mclarens this saturday then.
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Postby THE ECLIPSE » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Hear hear sick or reading their crap on how good and successful they r going to be!

More to the point noticed myponga (non a graders) flogged enc bay b grade only three down. So glad the assoc was soft and let them play b grade.

Pathetic if I was the southern boys I wouldn't want to come to an association that is dictated to by certain clubs.
THE ECLIPSE
Mini-League

Postby the red baron » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 pm

noticed aldinga have picked up some ex mclaren players , with jolly making a century in the B grade. why hasnt this guy played much A grade he is certainly good enough?
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby a.chucka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:45 pm

THE ECLIPSE wrote:Hear hear sick or reading their crap on how good and successful they r going to be!

More to the point noticed myponga (non a graders) flogged enc bay b grade only three down. So glad the assoc was soft and let them play b grade.

Pathetic if I was the southern boys I wouldn't want to come to an association that is dictated to by certain clubs.

baaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!! didnt the bays win the Bs flag last season..???? =)) =)) =))

not good enough pongy
a.chucka
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

Postby a.chucka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 pm

the red baron wrote:noticed aldinga have picked up some ex mclaren players , with jolly making a century in the B grade. why hasnt this guy played much A grade he is certainly good enough?

who?? the cowshot corner bloke..
a.chucka
Rookie

Postby a.chucka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 pm

a.chucka wrote:
the red baron wrote:noticed aldinga have picked up some ex mclaren players , with jolly making a century in the B grade. why hasnt this guy played much A grade he is certainly good enough?

who?? the cowshot corner bloke..

what a gun! will rip A grade comp apart!! \:D/ \:D/

elliot pretenders all right talk it up but no biscuits :oops: :oops:
a.chucka
Rookie

Postby Black Duck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:56 am

WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:When are you guys going to start playing cricket instead of running your mouth, I mean I heard seb goldsmith top scored yesterday for elliot, he is an improved cricketer, but not saying alot for your batting at the club. All I hear every season is how elliot will be premiers and contenders, but you guys are proving that you are PRETENDERS!!!!

Incorrect, young Xavier Tras top scored with 23! :lol:
Black Duck
Mini-League

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 am

N.Jolly definately has Talent and is a good allround cricketer,

Left McLaren after a number of indescresions, also I believe was suspended for "Unsportsman Like" behavior and missed a B Grade grand final.

Was asked to Play A Grade a number of times at McLaren but didnt want to play, most times because there is no "I" in team.
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:04 am

Black Duck wrote:
WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:When are you guys going to start playing cricket instead of running your mouth, I mean I heard seb goldsmith top scored yesterday for elliot, he is an improved cricketer, but not saying alot for your batting at the club. All I hear every season is how elliot will be premiers and contenders, but you guys are proving that you are PRETENDERS!!!!

Incorrect, young Xavier Tras top scored with 23! :lol:

XTRAS Top Scored, Yet Port Elliot has Plenty of depth this year!!!!!!!!

WHAT A JOKE :lol: :lol: :lol:
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby Luke15 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 pm

N Jolly rarely trained at Mclaren also, and as WIW24 stated he was asked several times over the years he was at McLaren to play A grade but did not want to for many different reasons!!!
Goodluck to him at Aldinga, will be interesting to see if he trains and plays A grade, chances are that he will train regularly tho would be very thin.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Offcutter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Must say it was a pleasant experience at the selection table this week. With 5 regular's out of the A grade, it was great to see youngsters put their hand up and offer something to the club, possibly at the expense of their own game. Each made a contribution, which was pleasing.

One wonders whether this player will stick his hand up and offer something to his new club. With Dingy having the bye this week, won't get the chance. But round 3 sees Aldinga A's hosting, what many believe as the best attack in the comp, and it will be very interesting if this player puts his hand up to open the batting against the likes of Moules, Lintern, Butler.

Me thinks not.
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Offcutter wrote:Must say it was a pleasant experience at the selection table this week. With 5 regular's out of the A grade, it was great to see youngsters put their hand up and offer something to the club, possibly at the expense of their own game. Each made a contribution, which was pleasing.

One wonders whether this player will stick his hand up and offer something to his new club. With Dingy having the bye this week, won't get the chance. But round 3 sees Aldinga A's hosting, what many believe as the best attack in the comp, and it will be very interesting if this player puts his hand up to open the batting against the likes of Moules, Lintern, Butler.

Me thinks not.

Classic Post Offcutter.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Postby the red baron » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:35 pm

thanks lads for explaining the situation. Hopefully he steps up to the plate and plays A grade for the sharks. If he didnt want to play A grade at all he could of joined pongy,rapids ,yank or victor and stayed in the comfort zone!
the red baron
Under 18s

Postby Black Duck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 pm

THE ECLIPSE wrote:Hear hear sick or reading their crap on how good and successful they r going to be!

Going through the team everyone that played for Myponga on the weekend in my eyes are B Grade cricketers. I was told that Patterson, Wal Hutchinson, and Tilt were prevented from playing B Grade by the GSCA board. However, they were also told they could play for a rival club and wouldn't be stopped from playing B Grade cricket at that club. Seems to be some inconsistency there from the board. If these players dont move clubs watch out one-day comp!!!
Black Duck
Mini-League

Postby the red baron » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Black Duck wrote:

Going through the team everyone that played for Myponga on the weekend in my eyes are B Grade cricketers. I was told that Patterson, Wal Hutchinson, and Tilt were prevented from playing B Grade by the GSCA board. However, they were also told they could play for a rival club and wouldn't be stopped from playing B Grade cricket at that club. Seems to be some inconsistency there from the board. If these players dont move clubs watch out one-day comp!!!
are you saying although they have been banned from b grade they can still play one day comp? :? :?
the red baron
Under 18s

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:41 pm

bloods you need to start letting your cricket do the talking, you are an embarassment. about time you shut up about how good your going to be and start making some runs and taking some wickets. or do we need to bring up the T20 game where you wouldnt go out and bat because you didnt want to face moulesy hahahaha YOU SOOK!!!! grow a set!!!!!

i watched the pongy b grade game on saturday and they beat last years premiers simply because encounter bay put on the worst batting display ive ever seen. 3 legitimate half trackers hit straight to fielders, 2 full tosses hit to fielders (one would have nearly missed the pitch down leg side) and that was only the start. the pongy bowling line up was far from tearing through the side, was just pathetic batting. then the bays bowled a bit of rubbish when they took over the bowling duties. only bayliss-adams and jono ling really looked like taking a wicket.

as for the guys that cant play b grade at pongy, thats fair enough as far as im concerned. the reason pongy couldnt field an a grade was becasue all those blokes were meant to be unavailable. if they cant field a side in the a grade comp because they cant play, then they shouldnt be able to roll up and beat up on b grade sides.
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 pm

a.chucka wrote:

baaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!! didnt the bays win the Bs flag last season..???? =)) =)) =))

not good enough pongy

They chased down 63 didn't they? Lucky Noarlunga didn't come in to the league, what would they have bowled them out for considering Pongy had 3 Tennis players in there side!
Chucka, with all your cricket wisdom, who from that side would be good enough for A grade?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps