Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby Barkeroo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:28 am

I think mixed thing is just to do with the new play HQ system they use for registrations. Each grade would need a template for who can be registered eg Boys, Girls or Mens, Womens or Mixed. So I think it's just a case of mixed is an option to play in that grade but not actually the association promoting it. It does the same thing with footy.
Last edited by Barkeroo on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:31 am

Barkeroo wrote:I think mixes thing is just to do with the new play HQ system they use for registrations. Each grade would need a template for who can be registered eg Boys, Girls or Mixed. So I think it's just a case of mixed is an option to play in that grade but not actually the association promoting it. It does the same thing with footy.

Fair enough that makes sense.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby BPlumber » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Hell of a season shaping up in the stanley A grade. No byes, 15 games!

Lower north will be lower north

Blyth Kybunga have picked up a couple of PNG national players and Henry Warner and Luke Ramsey return for depth. Will Pratt and Chirat are both under an injury cloud before Christmas, but I think the youth should be able to cover until then. C Pratt, Warner, Altman and BiggsX2 all under 19 and will push for regular spots being another year older.

Brinky have Mills and MollerX 2 returning but would still have to feel the pinch of Steele and Weich hanging up the bat and gloves respectively. Jack Weckert under a cloud now he’s living/working in Bute and they are fielding an A grade?

Sevenhill are my dark horse. Loved their young quicks last year! Still have quality in Scotty and Porto.

Heard nothing on clare?

Have no time for Watervale
BPlumber
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:11 pm

BPlumber wrote:Hell of a season shaping up in the stanley A grade. No byes, 15 games!

Blyth Kybunga have picked up a couple of PNG national players and Henry Warner and Luke Ramsey return for depth. Will Pratt and Chirat are both under an injury cloud before Christmas, but I think the youth should be able to cover until then. C Pratt, Warner, Altman and BiggsX2 all under 19 and will push for regular spots being another year older.

Brinky have Mills and MollerX 2 returning but would still have to feel the pinch of Steele and Weich hanging up the bat and gloves respectively. Jack Weckert under a cloud now he’s living/working in Bute and they are fielding an A grade?

Sevenhill are my dark horse. Loved their young quicks last year! Still have quality in Scotty and Porto.

Heard nothing on clare?

Agree Sevenhill will be one of the teams to watch...have got some game time into the young lads who should improve again. I know there was some doubt as to whether Stuart Pike would play but his confirmed he will be going around again.

What's the standard of a PNG national player....... I'm guessing there not in the Steddall, McPharlin bracket but better than the average player.
whufc
Coach

Postby BPlumber » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:34 pm

whufc wrote:
BPlumber wrote:Hell of a season shaping up in the stanley A grade. No byes, 15 games!

Heard nothing on clare?

Agree Sevenhill will be one of the teams to watch...have got some game time into the young lads who should improve again. I know there was some doubt as to whether Stuart Pike would play but his confirmed he will be going around again.

What's the standard of a PNG national player....... I'm guessing there not in the Steddall, McPharlin bracket but better than the average player.

A lot better than we thought!
JD will be close to the best bowler in the comp and the batsmen will probably push Riley for the batting trophy!
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby BPlumber » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:35 pm

JD is lighting quick of 10 paces with a simple action and super accurate. Will be without a doubt the quickest in the comp, only a fit jonesy on GF will come close I’d say.
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Don't reckon Jonesy will play.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby BPlumber » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:27 pm

OnSong wrote:Don't reckon Jonesy will play.

Why not? LN boys seemed to think he’d be around for business time of the season
BPlumber
Mini-League

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:36 pm

BPlumber wrote:
OnSong wrote:Don't reckon Jonesy will play.

Why not? LN boys seemed to think he’d be around for business time of the season

He was complaining of a bodgey shoulder for a fair while this year but who knows? Could get inspired :D

Ryan McPharlin is playing golf.

Good to see Hosea McPharlin playing some A1 cricket. Quite a handy seam bowler in the A2s last year.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 am

Glad to see Sevenhill get a real tidy win first up with Potto in the runs. Not sure they will be there on the final day but with the likes of Potto, Scotty K, Stewie Pike and a few young good kids should be aiming for finals at minimum.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:37 pm

Round 1 this weekend.

Brinky hot favourites for mine this year.

Zac Fielding back.
Kane Steele back.
Daniel Kerber to play a full year.
Jack Weckert to play a full year
Patrick Weckert to qualify for finals including playing this week.
whufc
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps