Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby OnSong » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:24 am

Lower North working on securing the services of a quality grade cricketer from Tea Tree Gully.

Uphill battle at this stage, although he has agreed to play on the Gullies byes.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:40 pm

OnSong wrote:Lower North working on securing the services of a quality grade cricketer from Tea Tree Gully.

Uphill battle at this stage, although he has agreed to play on the Gullies byes.

the cricketer being???... is Ben Johnson still playing the odd game for clare this year???
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Any chance of Balaklava FC's Glenn Dawson donning the whites for Lower North now that he isn't in the AFL or SANFL system?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Any chance of Balaklava FC's Glenn Dawson donning the whites for Lower North now that he isn't in the AFL or SANFL system?

This Dawson bloke sounds as though he's in the same league as Dogga Woodards
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Any chance of Balaklava FC's Glenn Dawson donning the whites for Lower North now that he isn't in the AFL or SANFL system?

Glenn Dawson before he was on the Power's list played A grade district cricket at Woodville as an opening bowler
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:

Glenn Dawson before he was on the Power's list played A grade district cricket at Woodville as an opening bowler

I don't think he's keen to play cricket this year, given he lives in Glenelg still.
SP, does Dogga play in the Barossa?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 pm

OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:

I don't think he's keen to play cricket this year, given he lives in Glenelg still.
SP, does Dogga play in the Barossa?

Don't know about this year but he played a few games for Laura or Gladstone in the NACA in 2010/11. Was very handy as a bowler
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Dogga plays for Angaston and by all reports was a couple yards quicker than James Vandeleur on the weekend
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby OnSong » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 am

Anyone got results from the weekend?

I heard Lower North got up easily but I missed out while on a wine tasting tour. I know what I would have rather been doing.

As for Lower North picking up a handy batsman, progress is being made.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

Lower North beat whoever they played and Longies lost to Auburn by 5 wickets.

My first look at Stanley cricket and gotta admit was a tad disappointed with it.

After my garage sale in the morning I went to Terrys Tiles then to Munno Para to get some Black basketball shorts (which there were none in stock :shock: ). Anyway, on my way home I called into Tennis at Long Plains for a drink then came into Balak to watch the last hour of cricket. Was massively surprised that there was no canteen or even drinks/bar stand. Can't beleive cricket is played with no catering. But can now understand why there was no crowd there to watch.

I think clubs will get a nice surprise when they head out to Long Plains to a fully catered canteen plus a bar. I feel this was a missed opportunity by Balak, especially with the home side playing first there would have been 2 teams drinking the whole way through the second game which would have turned some $$$ over.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Lower North beat whoever they played and Longies lost to Auburn by 5 wickets.

My first look at Stanley cricket and gotta admit was a tad disappointed with it.

After my garage sale in the morning I went to Terrys Tiles then to Munno Para to get some Black basketball shorts (which there were none in stock :shock: ). Anyway, on my way home I called into Tennis at Long Plains for a drink then came into Balak to watch the last hour of cricket. Was massively surprised that there was no canteen or even drinks/bar stand. Can't beleive cricket is played with no catering. But can now understand why there was no crowd there to watch.

I think clubs will get a nice surprise when they head out to Long Plains to a fully catered canteen plus a bar. I feel this was a missed opportunity by Balak, especially with the home side playing first there would have been 2 teams drinking the whole way through the second game which would have turned some $$$ over.

You're 100 per cent right there.
These Twenty20 rounds are great money-spinners if run correctly. I'm a bit ashamed that was the case this year. Terrible.

As terrible as those yellow B-ball shorts. Lol. Hope they don't come out for mixed netty. :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 am

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Lower North beat whoever they played and Longies lost to Auburn by 5 wickets.

You're 100 per cent right there.
These Twenty20 rounds are great money-spinners if run correctly. I'm a bit ashamed that was the case this year. Terrible.

As terrible as those yellow B-ball shorts. Lol. Hope they don't come out for mixed netty. :lol:

They weren't that bad were they? :oops: :oops:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Lower North unveiling a new recruit this weekend
against Auburn. Pretty handy with the ball.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Lower North pulled off a pretty incredible win against Clare Combined at Clare on Saturday.

CC posted 170 from 45 overs and had Lower North 5/30 or so.

Lower North got up by three wickets, Todd McPharlin batted through the innings for 64n.o. and Kiwi import Brad (Bred) Jones smashed 30 off not many, including a six which went up the alleyway across Main North Road.

McPharlin is yet to be dismissed after two matches. Not bad for an opener.

Long Plains also notched up a win over and understrength Sevenhill by the looks.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:37 pm

OnSong wrote:Lower North pulled off a pretty incredible win against Clare Combined at Clare on Saturday.

Lower North got up by three wickets, Todd McPharlin batted through the innings for 64n.o. and Kiwi import Brad (Bred) Jones smashed 30 off not many, including a six which went up the alleyway across Main North Road.

Long Plains also notched up a win over and understrength Sevenhill by the looks.

I heard a whisper The Long Plain's Express, Michael Trussell, took 6 for not many and rolled the highly-fancied Sevenhill for around 70-odd. Without thier skipper and opening bowler Michael Warnes and also missing their keeper and No.3 batsman who made 50 odd last dig, chased down the total in a canter. Good to see the newcomers get a win on the board. Looking forward to the local derby with Lower North.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:Lower North pulled off a pretty incredible win against Clare Combined at Clare on Saturday.

I heard a whisper The Long Plain's Express, Michael Trussell, took 6 for not many and rolled the highly-fancied Sevenhill for around 70-odd. Without thier skipper and opening bowler Michael Warnes and also missing their keeper and No.3 batsman who made 50 odd last dig, chased down the total in a canter. Good to see the newcomers get a win on the board. Looking forward to the local derby with Lower North.

Trussell did indeed pick up a swag. Noticed Whitty wasn't playing. Where was he?
Not sure Sevenhill had its full swag of players there, with Kane Steele missing, who tends to be the team's mainstay. Still, great effort to be all over nice and early.

Clare have a couple of good young bowlers coming through.

Matt(?) Bennie picked up three big scalps early (Darling, Henderson, R McPharlin) and bowled fairly well.
Tom Forrest did the damage against Long Plains last week, bowls some nicely flighted left arm orthodox tweakers.

Clare's opening bowler did his driver in about his fourth of fifth over. Can't remember his name, but a big loss.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Trussell did indeed pick up a swag. Noticed Whitty wasn't playing. Where was he?
Not sure Sevenhill had its full swag of players there, with Kane Steele missing, who tends to be the team's mainstay. Still, great effort to be all over nice and early.

Clare have a couple of good young bowlers coming through.

Matt(?) Bennie picked up three big scalps early (Darling, Henderson, R McPharlin) and bowled fairly well.
Tom Forrest did the damage against Long Plains last week, bowls some nicely flighted left arm orthodox tweakers.

Clare's opening bowler did his driver in about his fourth of fifth over. Can't remember his name, but a big loss.

Whitty was riding at Morphatville :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

You definately have your finger on the pulse there Donkey. Had a hit of golf yesterday with Round Up and he said they just tried to belt Truss which we all know is not a good idea. A bowler of his pace and quality you just wanna see him off and do the damage against the weaker bowlers. They will know next time for sure!
I understand that Longies were without Whitty, Shimmo, Warnesy and Sammy Mc so was a good effort by the boys. The big Tank Timmy McArdle made a decent score to get the Tigers over the line, whilst little round up batted slowly for about a dozen runs after his Golden duck last week.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 pm

I reckon Sam played.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 pm

OnSong wrote:I reckon Sam played.

He might have, I know he did his Hammy bowling in the T20 a couple of weeks ago. If its anything like footy season thats a 3 month injury for him.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps