Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:I reckon Sam played.

He might have, I know he did his Hammy bowling in the T20 a couple of weeks ago. If its anything like footy season thats a 3 month injury for him.

Can we rule out Scott as the 'S. McArdle'?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am

If you click the name in the score card it comes up as Sam.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:00 am

Where do you look for the score cards?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am

OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Lower North v Long Plains this weekend at Longies!

It's gonna be huuge!

Tea Tree Gully batsman to join Lower North after Xmas too, stay tuned.

See if the seaming Kiwi has Longies batsmen hopping all over the place on Saturday!!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Will be a top game I agree. Although I think the score maybe something like Lower North making 250 and Longies making 120.
Would love to watch it but unfortunately i'm playing tennis tomorrow. Gonna be my debut tomorrow in the new league and my debut appearance on grass too! Havn't picked up my racquet yet this season either, so look for a big duck egg next to my name. :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Moon Unit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:16 pm

OnSong wrote:Lower North v Long Plains this weekend at Longies!

It's gonna be huuge!

See if the seaming Kiwi has Longies batsmen hopping all over the place on Saturday!!

Hopefully will be a close encounter. I know the Longies boys are keen to put in a strong effort against a team that many people have said are the measuring stick in the Stanley League. Can confirm that the Rowsworthy Ranga Express has been picked for tomorrows clash, and watch for him to match anything that your "seaming Kiwi" has to offer Onsong!

Also, let your boys know full canteen & bar available.
One day original John Palmer will be found & the truth will be known.
Moon Unit
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Moon Unit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Will be a top game I agree. Although I think the score maybe something like Lower North making 250 and Longies making 120.
Would love to watch it but unfortunately i'm playing tennis tomorrow. Gonna be my debut tomorrow in the new league and my debut appearance on grass too! Havn't picked up my racquet yet this season either, so look for a big duck egg next to my name. :lol:

I've seen you play MC and am tipping you to more than match it with the boys in the Clare league! 6-3 your way. I hope your wrong with Longies making 120 but with Whitwell & Shimmin still absent, its gonna take a few blokes to step up with the bat. Another big score from Sticka Daniel will be handy.
Moon Unit
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Moon Unit wrote:
OnSong wrote:Lower North v Long Plains this weekend at Longies!

It's gonna be huuge!

Hopefully will be a close encounter. I know the Longies boys are keen to put in a strong effort against a team that many people have said are the measuring stick in the Stanley League. Can confirm that the Rowsworthy Ranga Express has been picked for tomorrows clash, and watch for him to match anything that your "seaming Kiwi" has to offer Onsong!

Also, let your boys know full canteen & bar available.

Excellent. I do love a full canteen and bar. Longies do host quite well, I'll give them that.
Roseworthy Ranga Express, I love it.
To be honest, I'm yet to see the Seaming Kiwi really let rip yet. Just warming into it.

Sticka Daniel: 30 degrees playing night mixed netball and he's charging around in track pants. Is that why they call him Sticka? :lol: ;)
Looking forward to playing on the carpet under the water tower. Looks like a pristine cricket field.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Moon Unit wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Will be a top game I agree. Although I think the score maybe something like Lower North making 250 and Longies making 120.

I've seen you play MC and am tipping you to more than match it with the boys in the Clare league! 6-3 your way. I hope your wrong with Longies making 120 but with Whitwell & Shimmin still absent, its gonna take a few blokes to step up with the bat. Another big score from Sticka Daniel will be handy.

The return of the Moon Unit and the famous picture of Johnny Palmer! :lol: :lol:
I hope I'm wrong with the 120 score too!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Moon Unit wrote:

The return of the Moon Unit and the famous picture of Johnny Palmer! :lol: :lol:
I hope I'm wrong with the 120 score too!

I'm tipping another explosive Dale Steyn-like spell from Trussell will have the Lower North boys dancing around a cat on a hot tin roof.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 pm

I thought that was Johnny Palmer! Lol.

Where the f*ck is that cup? :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:I'm tipping another explosive Dale Steyn-like spell from Trussell will have the Lower North boys dancing around a cat on a hot tin roof.

With the form and pace of Trussell expect him to bowl down wind all day. As you know Donkey once your used to the zing he creates off the pitch and you think you've played yourself in against him he lifts yet another cog with the surprise bouncer which is even quicker and tough to read. Very much like Damien Fleming in his hey day in that regard. Lower North wouldn't wanna be batting against him without their lids on! :shock:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:I'm tipping another explosive Dale Steyn-like spell from Trussell will have the Lower North boys dancing around a cat on a hot tin roof.

With the form and pace of Trussell expect him to bowl down wind all day. As you know Donkey once your used to the zing he creates off the pitch and you think you've played yourself in against him he lifts yet another cog with the surprise bouncer which is even quicker and tough to read. Very much like Damien Fleming in his hey day in that regard. Lower North wouldn't wanna be batting against him without their lids on! :shock:

:lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Lower North got the job done. Longies won't struggle in the Stanley comp though. Can see them around the mark come finals time.
Attachments
truss.jpg
truss.jpg (87.75 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Classic! Any noteable scores or figures OnSong. Brief summary?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Classic! Any noteable scores or figures OnSong. Brief summary?

Long Plains batted first and made 160-odd, bowled out in the 43rd over I reckon.
Heath Pym batted well, not sure if he notched up 50 but I reckon he would have.
Got out dancing down the pitch, missed the ball. Stumped. Only real brain fade in a pretty composed innings.
Tim McArdle also batted pretty well.
Spinner Sean Dykes claimed four wickets off nine overs.
Kiwi recruit Brad Jones got three.
Lower North chased them down to the loss of two wickets.
Ryan Darling made 53 not out, Todd McPharlin 80 or so not out.
Todd was dropped three times, I do have a picture of one going down at the hands of Tim McArdle.
He has batted through every innings so far in the one-day comp. Yet to be dismissed.
Michael Warnes bowled well, got one wicket early on, Jamie McArdle picked up the other.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:02 pm

OnSong wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Classic! Any noteable scores or figures OnSong. Brief summary?

Long Plains batted first and made 160-odd, bowled out in the 43rd over I reckon.
Heath Pym batted well, not sure if he notched up 50 but I reckon he would have.
Got out dancing down the pitch, missed the ball. Stumped. Only real brain fade in a pretty composed innings.
Tim McArdle also batted pretty well.
Spinner Sean Dykes claimed four wickets off nine overs.
Kiwi recruit Brad Jones got three.
Lower North chased them down to the loss of two wickets.
Ryan Darling made 53 not out, Todd McPharlin 80 or so not out.
Todd was dropped three times, I do have a picture of one going down at the hands of Tim McArdle.
He has batted through every innings so far in the one-day comp. Yet to be dismissed.
Michael Warnes bowled well, got one wicket early on, Jamie McArdle picked up the other.

Desperate for bowlers by the sounds of it. Longies look to have posted competitive totals in all their matches so far but taking wickets seems to be an issue at the moment.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Heath Pym bowled some erratic leg spin.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Moon Unit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm

OnSong wrote:Lower North got the job done. Longies won't struggle in the Stanley comp though. Can see them around the mark come finals time.

Nice one onsong :lol: :lol: The wife is still on the loor laughing!
Moon Unit
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps