Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby Moon Unit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Desperate for bowlers by the sounds of it. Longies look to have posted competitive totals in all their matches so far but taking wickets seems to be an issue at the moment.[/quote]
Spot on there SD. We need at least 1 more quick to support Warnesy. Lower north had 3 handy bowlers with reasonable pace & thats without Higgsy in the side! Was also impressed with young Henderson who bowled at the tail, he didnt give any short balls to hit. After Warnesy, we have 3-4 medium pacers who are easy pickings if not bowling on the spot. Liked Todd McPharlins innings, i know he was dropped early but looks to be a smart batter. Heard that he is still to be dismissed after 3 starts???
One day original John Palmer will be found & the truth will be known.
Moon Unit
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby OnSong » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 am

Moon Unit wrote:
OnSong wrote:Lower North got the job done. Longies won't struggle in the Stanley comp though. Can see them around the mark come finals time.

Nice one onsong :lol: :lol: The wife is still on the loor laughing!

Haha. Truss ssssso serioussss....

With Daniel, Whitwell + one or two more still out, your batting line-up will be pretty good.
As said before, bowlers are tough, but if you can put the runs on the board each week, those medium pacers will pick up wickets from people going after them.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 am

Lower North obviously managed to cope with the Trussell express. Must have done their homework!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Moon Unit » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Lower North obviously managed to cope with the Trussell express. Must have done their homework!

As the great Flavor Flav & the boys from Public Enemy once said "Don't believe the hype!!!"
Moon Unit
Rookie

Postby Moon Unit » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm

OnSong wrote:I thought that was Johnny Palmer! Lol.

Where the f*ck is that cup? :lol:

I have many photos of Johnny onsong, some compromising, some not ha ha! Truly a great mystery of our time. Someone from Hamley knows what happened. They've done well to keep it a secret this long but the truth will get out........oneday.
Moon Unit
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 am

Moon Unit wrote:
OnSong wrote:I thought that was Johnny Palmer! Lol.

Where the f*ck is that cup? :lol:

I have many photos of Johnny onsong, some compromising, some not ha ha! Truly a great mystery of our time. Someone from Hamley knows what happened. They've done well to keep it a secret this long but the truth will get out........one day.

It's got to be out there somewhere.
It would be great to have a Johnny Palmer fixture each year between Lower North and Long Plains. If only we had that cup!
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 am

Finally Todd McPharlin was dismissed on the weekend against Blyth, for 20.

Given our lack of MyCricket presence, which will be ramped up in coming weeks, I can't work out his exact current average but it's gone something close to this:

38* v Auburn
64* v Clare
70* v Long Plains
70* v Brinkworth Koolunga
20 (dismissed) v Blyth/Kybunga

= about 260 average after 5 matches. :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby Moon Unit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:33 pm

OnSong wrote:Finally Todd McPharlin was dismissed on the weekend against Blyth, for 20.

Given our lack of MyCricket presence, which will be ramped up in coming weeks, I can't work out his exact current average but it's gone something close to this:

38* v Auburn
64* v Clare
70* v Long Plains

It will be good when all clubs get up to speed with my cricket website. Lots of info can easily be obtained about all clubs results and stats etc but it needs clubs to input. The association recorder needs to correct the incorrect and confusing round dates as this makes it less user friendly.
Moon Unit
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 am

OnSong wrote:Finally Todd McPharlin was dismissed on the weekend against Blyth, for 20.

38* v Auburn
64* v Clare
70* v Long Plains

What number is he batting?? It would seem he would benefit from batting up the order to convert those 60s & 70s n.o. into tons. The skippers killing him OS :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:36 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:

38* v Auburn
64* v Clare
70* v Long Plains

What number is he batting?? It would seem he would benefit from batting up the order to convert those 60s & 70s n.o. into tons. The skippers killing him OS :D

Todd opens, often chasing small totals and plays the anchor role
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

38* v Auburn
64* v Clare
70* v Long Plains

Todd opens, often chasing small totals and plays the anchor role

Well...there goes that theory :D :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:52 am

Sevenhill rolled for 51 on Saturday by Lower North at Balaklava.

Bowlers shared the spoils, Bred Jones snared 2, Ryan Darling 3, Jeff Cowan 2, Sam Rowland and Chris Marshall 1 and a classic runout of dangerman Kane Steele by Ryan McPharlin.

Lower North chased them down with the loss of one wicket, Marshall out early but steered to victory by Jason McPharlin (Todd's younger brother who usually opens in B grade) and Ryan McPharlin who got about 20 each.

I saw Longies had Auburn at Auburn on Saturday as I drove past on my way to Berri at about 4pm. How'd they go?

Lower North to unveil another recruit after Xmas from the Tea Tree Gully ranks. A batsman though, thank god!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Moon Unit » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Longies lost in the last over to blyth in a thriller. J-rod filthy over an lbw not given that for the last wicket. The guy was plumb in front without offering a shot but umpire Patrick swayze didn't give it....... Game played in good spirits but I guess that's what you get in county cricket without neutral umpires! Longies should've wrapped up the game long before that but bowling let them down, again!
Moon Unit
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Moon Unit wrote:Longies lost in the last over to blyth in a thriller. J-rod filthy over an lbw not given that for the last wicket. The guy was plumb in front without offering a shot but umpire Patrick swayze didn't give it....... Game played in good spirits but I guess that's what you get in county cricket without neutral umpires! Longies should've wrapped up the game long before that but bowling let them down, again!

Blyth two wins on the trot now. Who would have thought?
Lower North got up by 20 runs over Watervale. Should have been much less but as above, bad bowling in the mid stages keeping the redbacks in it. Good knock by Scooter put them right back into a match that shouldn't have been close.
Todd McPharlin, Ryan Darling and Ryan McPharlin all scoring half centuries.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

A close call at Balaklava on Saturday, Lower North chasing down Long Plains' modest total of 144.

Dean West picked up three player of the year points with a constructive 36 (I think) and three wickets - mainly thanks to two great leg-side stumpings by Liam Whitwell, arguably one of the sharpest keepers in the comp.

Three wickets in one over from pace spearhead, Michael Warnes, turned the match for Long Plains, with Lower North on top only needing 30 more runs with eight wickets in hand.

Matt Higgs' careful 24 not out steadied the ship, although he should have been run out but for a Whitwell fumble, his one and only mistake for the day.

Long Plains still one bowler short but will surely play finals this year, a great achievement.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

OnSong wrote:A close call at Balaklava on Saturday, Lower North chasing down Long Plains' modest total of 144.

Dean West picked up three player of the year points with a constructive 36 (I think) and three wickets - mainly thanks to two great leg-side stumpings by Liam Whitwell, arguably one of the sharpest keepers in the comp.

Three wickets in one over from pace spearhead, Michael Warnes, turned the match for Long Plains, with Lower North on top only needing 30 more runs with eight wickets in hand.

Matt Higgs' careful 24 not out steadied the ship, although he should have been run out but for a Whitwell fumble, his one and only mistake for the day.

Long Plains still one bowler short but will surely play finals this year, a great achievement.

The last I heard on Saturdee arvo was that an important media-type batsman was headed for a century. Did he get there OS?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby OnSong » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Golden duck. The third of Warnes' victims.

Was not happy about the circumstances of the dismissal but that's cricket. :lol: :oops:
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:32 pm

is Whitwell good enough to get the gig as wicky in the Stanley Assoc side?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:is Whitwell good enough to get the gig as wicky in the Stanley Assoc side?

Close one between him and Steddall I would think.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

yeah Steddall is second on the batting aggregates so there's his guernsey.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps