Riverland Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Riverland Cricket

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

Ron, great post.
Though my comment was not a dig but a historical fact.

I sincerely hope you guys can get it together and keep a steady hand in Riverland cricket.

And yes, you're right. Riverland cricket is in a parlous state in many respects. Like any organisation, it needs all hands at the wheel though.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Renmark wouldn't do something like that, surely.
A terrible accusation.

By the way, my previous post was supported by a former Renmark player who was disappointed to hear of the weekend's situation.

From my POV, it's been easy to blame Berri over the years. They win stuff. The competition gets organised to suit them. They run the board. But who else gets up to do anything about it?

The fact that Renmark, the Riverland's second (?) biggest town, waxes and wanes on its commitment to cricket hurts the region overall.

Not this year DW. Renmark are for the next two years.
It was originally intended to follow alphabetical order so I'm not sure how Renmark were lucky enough to score the gig after us.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Renmark wouldn't do something like that, surely.
A terrible accusation.

By the way, my previous post was supported by a former Renmark player who was disappointed to hear of the weekend's situation.

From my POV, it's been easy to blame Berri over the years. They win stuff. The competition gets organised to suit them. They run the board. But who else gets up to do anything about it?

The fact that Renmark, the Riverland's second (?) biggest town, waxes and wanes on its commitment to cricket hurts the region overall.

Not this year DW. Renmark are for the next two years.
It was originally intended to follow alphabetical order so I'm not sure how Renmark were lucky enough to score the gig after us.

I was just using those as examples of the sort of noise I've heard from people in the past, including at Loxton.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:To provide some balance, and I dont want to play the blame game.

Renmark have had 20 players play A grade this year.
Out of these 20 players, 13 qualified to play the A grade final. (inc A and B grade games)
Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 2 on Melbourne volleyball
- 1 away in WA for work
- 1 unavailable due to planned trip (b grade captain)

That left 6 players that had played A grade at some stage.

We had the option to play some B grade cricketers to fill the other spots. 4 of these would have been ok to play.

As for the digs at Renmark and their commitment to cricket, and I can only speak in the present as i wasnt here when we fell over last time, we are committed to Riverland Cricket, and will be striving to continue to prove the doubters wrong. We have some talented kids coming through and some good people running the club.

Cricket in the Riverland is obviously in a brittle state, Berri must have an average age in the mid-30's, Waikerie have indicated they will be seriously looking at going to one team next year, and Renmark will have their work cut out, esp once Derek, Fitzy and Siv pull the pin, but we feel we can remain in our current situation. Loxton on the other hand seem healthy.

This shamble needs to be put to bed, we have alot of the real stuff ahead of us, lets just get out there and enjoy playing 2 day cricket.

Thanks for clearing that up Ron and I agree, we do need to move on.

I'm just getting fed up with our club getting painted as the bad boy everytime something goes down and the resulting perception of the club. The comments by that prawn from Renmark in Fridays paper is a classic example.
A few of us tried pretty hard to try and get concensus from the other club delegates to change their stance late last week, but it became apparent straight away that they weren't prepared to revisit the issue and wanted to stick with the bylaws.
But no, it's Berri up to their old tricks again.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:To provide some balance, and I dont want to play the blame game.

Out of these 20 players, 13 qualified to play the A grade final. (inc A and B grade games)
Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 1 away in WA for work

We had the option to play some B grade cricketers to fill the other spots. 4 of these would have been ok to play.

As for the digs at Renmark and their commitment to cricket, and I can only speak in the present as i wasnt here when we fell over last time, we are committed to Riverland Cricket, and will be striving to continue to prove the doubters wrong. We have some talented kids coming through and some good people running the club.

Cricket in the Riverland is obviously in a brittle state, Berri must have an average age in the mid-30's, Waikerie have indicated they will be seriously looking at going to one team next year, and Renmark will have their work cut out, esp once Derek, Fitzy and Siv pull the pin, but we feel we can remain in our current situation. Loxton on the other hand seem healthy.

This shamble needs to be put to bed, we have alot of the real stuff ahead of us, lets just get out there and enjoy playing 2 day cricket.

I'm just getting fed up with our club getting painted as the bad boy everytime something goes down and the resulting perception of the club. The comments by that prawn from Renmark in Fridays paper is a classic example.
A few of us tried pretty hard to try and get concensus from the other club delegates to change their stance late last week, but it became apparent straight away that they weren't prepared to revisit the issue and wanted to stick with the bylaws.

Those tricksters and their trickery. Leaving a hole in the covers so Loxton couldn't bat in the preliminary final of 2009/2010! I know you!
Tricksy little Demonsters!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:35 pm

A prawn!
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 1 away in WA for work

Who u referring to Rip?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Bloody prawns! Reminds me of District 9!
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:18 pm

OnSong wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 1 away in WA for work

Those tricksters and their trickery. Leaving a hole in the covers so Loxton couldn't bat in the preliminary final of 2009/2010! I know you!
Tricksy little Demonsters!

After looking at the forensics, it was found to be one of Duff's smouldering durrie butts.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 1 away in WA for work

Who u referring to Rip?

:lol: D from Renmark, Text to the editor.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Out of these 13 players
- 3 unavailable injured
- 1 away in WA for work

Who u referring to Rip?

:lol: D from Renmark, Text to the editor.

that wasn't in Friday's was it?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm

[/quote]
that wasn't in Friday's was it?[/quote]
yep.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

It was in Tuesday's paper.
Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Allright it was in tuesdays. What day is it anyway :oops:
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:Allright it was in tuesdays. What day is it anyway :oops:

:lol: October?
Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:36 pm

March. Aren't you blokes celebrating another flag, Rip?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 am

Lousy Smarch weather.
Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Forecast isn't looking to good :(
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby jack sparow » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 pm

What happened in the weekends A grade matches?
jack sparow

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 am

Berri rolled for 48 :shock:
Renmark made it in the 20th over with 9 wickets in hand.
They'll push for outright this weekend.

Waikerie-Ramco posted 245, mainly thanks to Kym Taylor (81) and Tim Bevan (84).
Great effort against Loxton's bowling line-up.
Baron Greenback
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps