Barossa and Light Cricket 08/09

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will be the A1 Premiers for 2008-2009

Gilbert Valley
No votes
Kapunda
28%
Nuriootpa
31%
Tanunda
7%
Light Pass
No votes
Greenock
3%
Gawler Central
14%
Freeling
17%
Angaston
No votes
Eudunda/Robertstown
No votes

Total votes : 29

Barossa and Light Cricket 08/09

Postby long sleeve lover » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Which side will be the premiers in the coming season?
long sleeve lover
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: Barossa and Light Cricket 08/09

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 pm

when does the season start??

has anyone heard who gawler central have picked up or lost??
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby norm11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:00 pm

normstwin wrote:when does the season start??

They have lost lydemore the left arm off spinner
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

norm11 wrote:

where has he gone?? played against him last year and wasnt a bad bowler
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:01 pm

normstwin wrote:
norm11 wrote:

he is playing at ingle farm. not sure when ur season starts
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby leftarmoffie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:40 pm

norm11 wrote:
normstwin wrote:
norm11 wrote:

he is playing at ingle farm. not sure when ur season starts

im not playing this year norm11 but was just interested when the season started
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby long sleeve lover » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:41 pm

A1, A2 and A3 get underway this saturday with the A4s and Juniors to start on the 18th
long sleeve lover
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby leftarmoffie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 pm

long sleeve lover wrote:A1, A2 and A3 get underway this saturday with the A4s and Juniors to start on the 18th

cheers for that, what team u involved with??
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby Liquid Confidence » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:12 am

B Wall 99no for Tanunda on Saturday,

Exremely unlucky!!
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:59 pm

I cant work out the love for Gawler Centrals in the poll.
They were in A2's last year and have been re-promoted this year. My mail was they had lost the two or three players they were paying last season to get them back into A1's, so I'd think they would be battling it out for the spoon with a few other sides - as they had been for the three or four years prior to being demoted.
I guess Jenner and co prefer being big fish in little ponds.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby james07 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:18 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:I cant work out the love for Gawler Centrals in the poll.
They were in A2's last year and have been re-promoted this year. My mail was they had lost the two or three players they were paying last season to get them back into A1's, so I'd think they would be battling it out for the spoon with a few other sides - as they had been for the three or four years prior to being demoted.

may have something to do with the fact the voters are GC players or members, i didnt think they have lost too many can you name them have they picked up any
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:26 pm

james07 wrote:

may have something to do with the fact the voters are GC players or members, i didnt think they have lost too many can you name them have they picked up any

I'd heard Jenner was going to Sandy Creek (word on the street). Given he was their leading wicket taker and probably run scorer in A2's last year thats a big whole in a side thats pretty much a 2 or 3 player outfit. I think Kingy was also rumoured to be out of there? Whoever played Centrals on the weekend should be able to confirm, but even thier full side from last year in A2's wouldn't go close to challenging for an A1 top 4 spot.

So unless they have actively picked up players again (and remembering that Jenner cost them big money) they wont be any better than they were two and three seasons ago when they couldn't win games.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby leftarmoffie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
james07 wrote:

I'd heard Jenner was going to Sandy Creek (word on the street). Given he was their leading wicket taker and probably run scorer in A2's last year thats a big whole in a side thats pretty much a 2 or 3 player outfit. I think Kingy was also rumoured to be out of there? Whoever played Centrals on the weekend should be able to confirm, but even thier full side from last year in A2's wouldn't go close to challenging for an A1 top 4 spot.

So unless they have actively picked up players again (and remembering that Jenner cost them big money) they wont be any better than they were two and three seasons ago when they couldn't win games.

who are the 2 or 3 players they paid last season?? i heard both kingy and jenner stayed at gawler central and just too help u out kingy won the batting with just under 1000 last season and took 30 odd wickets
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 pm

normstwin wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:
james07 wrote:

who are the 2 or 3 players they paid last season?? i heard both kingy and jenner stayed at gawler central and just too help u out kingy won the batting with just under 1000 last season and took 30 odd wickets

Jenner was known to mention his money situation - there again he does have pretty big tickets on himself ..... Kingy was the other guy I was thinking of batting wise but thought jenner had pipped him ...... but hes been there for eons. So assuming they have both stayed are we saying the side is basically the same as last year ?

If so - they are no chance to win the A1 flag as its no stronger than the sides that were getting beaten consistantly in ones for the years before (which had Woz and Viv in the side).
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby leftarmoffie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm

u must of got jenner on a good night then cos everytime i spoke to him he was short of cash, i wouldnt no who they have picked up this season but they lost lydeamore who was there spin bowler. i believe kym vivian isnt playing til around christmas time
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 pm

normstwin wrote:u must of got jenner on a good night then cos everytime i spoke to him he was short of cash, i wouldnt no who they have picked up this season but they lost lydeamore who was there spin bowler. i believe kym vivian isnt playing til around christmas time

lydeamore ? dont remember seeing him play - only spinner I played against was the dude with dreads.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby leftarmoffie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:31 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
normstwin wrote:u must of got jenner on a good night then cos everytime i spoke to him he was short of cash, i wouldnt no who they have picked up this season but they lost lydeamore who was there spin bowler. i believe kym vivian isnt playing til around christmas time

lydeamore ? dont remember seeing him play - only spinner I played against was the dude with dreads.

the spinner with the dreads is ty stock, lydeamore is a left arm off spinner, who u play for TimmiesChin?? lydeamore missed the first 2 rounds last season and a couple leading upto christmas
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:35 pm

normstwin wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

the spinner with the dreads is ty stock, lydeamore is a left arm off spinner, who u play for TimmiesChin?? lydeamore missed the first 2 rounds last season and a couple leading upto christmas

Lydeamore the younger guy then ? if it is I Thought he showed a bit of promise from the year before.
Last edited by TimmiesChin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby leftarmoffie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:43 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
normstwin wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:

Light Pass.

Lydeamore the younger guy then ? if it is I Thought he showed a bit of promise from the year before.

i think ur referring too the young leggy called bilney, im mates with lydeamore and i watched him play against light pass in a one dayer last year after christmas.
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:47 pm

normstwin wrote:i think ur referring too the young leggy called bilney, im mates with lydeamore and i watched him play against light pass in a one dayer last year after christmas.

Wasn't playing that one.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps