Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Para District Cricket Association 2008/2009

Postby custardarm » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:
custardarm wrote:ok browny your in the know when it comes to association sides how come i didnt get asked once and i actually won the grade 1 batting trophy 1 year and took 20 wickets that year but association was a hurdle just too far for me i guess :(

Ouch...

Its called Para Districts custard[/b[b]]-expect the unexpected- example: Adam Ozolins managed to 'lose' the Grade 1 medal after a dominant season of 1000 runs i think and 30 odd wickets (correct me if im wrong).
And also missed out on best on ground honours whilst individually posting 200 in one innings and taking a couple of wickets, a guy from Rose and Crown scored 40 and got the three votes!!!!!!!!!
Work that one out!

certainly is baffling when u see some of the sides B&S
custardarm
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Wizard of Oz wrote:
custardarm wrote:ok browny your in the know when it comes to association sides how come i didnt get asked once and i actually won the grade 1 batting trophy 1 year and took 20 wickets that year but association was a hurdle just too far for me i guess :(

Ouch...

Its called Para Districts custard[/b[b]]-expect the unexpected- example: Adam Ozolins managed to 'lose' the Grade 1 medal after a dominant season of 1000 runs i think and 30 odd wickets (correct me if im wrong).
And also missed out on best on ground honours whilst individually posting 200 in one innings and taking a couple of wickets, a guy from Rose and Crown scored 40 and got the three votes!!!!!!!!!
Work that one out!

he wasnt in it to win it.. to get a invite you have to be in the top 2 players from your club.. oz didnt even get a invite..
for memory nobes got a invite and only played half the season..
so really PDCA thought there was 16 players who had a better year than oz.. = disgrace..
he also missed out on any votes from the game mentioned from B&S..= disgrace..
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby unknown source » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 pm

maybe thats why he left PDCA
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby unknown source » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:22 pm

best 2 from the club get an invite, i find that hard to believe when Sibbick didnt get asked last year.. who does the invites?
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 pm

unknown source wrote:best 2 from the club get an invite, i find that hard to believe when Sibbick didnt get asked last year.. who does the invites?

the 2 people who have the most votes for the year.. from the umpires!!!!
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby catchit » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:35 pm

unknown source wrote:best 2 from the club get an invite, i find that hard to believe when Sibbick didnt get asked last year.. who does the invites?

i can assure you sibb had a invite..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby unknown source » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:12 pm

catchit wrote:

the 2 people who have the most votes for the year.. from the umpires!!!!

ok fair enough.. can i ask if sibbick got asked last year??

from a good source
unknown source
League - Top 5

para districts cricket

Postby aceofhearts7 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Sibbick definately got an invite and attended on the evening. (catchit is right, only two top votegetters from each club gets the invite).
For the record, Al Leo best Sibs by 4 votes in a surprisingly high count with daylight third (but you didn't hear it from me, it's all supposed to be confidential. Why you may ask, I don't know.
Oz didn't get any votes the game he made 205 n.o. and 3/19 off 8 overs because he has got too much education, that why he left and went to AHOS. (Sorry Ad!! Only joking man)
aceofhearts7
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Re: para districts cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:30 am

aceofhearts7 wrote:Sibbick definately got an invite and attended on the evening. (catchit is right, only two top votegetters from each club gets the invite).
For the record, Al Leo best Sibs by 4 votes in a surprisingly high count with daylight third (but you didn't hear it from me, it's all supposed to be confidential. Why you may ask, I don't know.
Oz didn't get any votes the game he made 205 n.o. and 3/19 off 8 overs because he has got too much education, that why he left and went to AHOS. (Sorry Ad!! Only joking man)

That used to be the case, last year the top 10 hopefuls got an invite, here they are.

M.Burden (Sandy Creek)
J.Davies (Salisbury West)
D.Ellis (Two Wells)
R.Figallo (Rose & Crown)
A.Leo (Virginia)
J.McInnes (Salisbury West)
S.McNair (One Tree Hill)
L.Ratcliffe (Sandy Creek)
J.Sibbick (Brahma Lodge)
B.Stamatovich (Two Wells)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm

We are currently fishing in unchartered waters, have had a couple of players return with another couple set to, we have a few more possible recruits if all goes well, we are hoping to have our bowling machine by the end of August. We have a strong presence with our committee and have some money in the bank to start off with.
We currently have two sponsors with the strong possibility of a third very soon. Our incentives are going to be excellent and the player auction should reach record amounts this season, all we need now is for the season to hurry up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We are currently fishing in unchartered waters, have had a couple of players return with another couple set to, we have a few more possible recruits if all goes well, we are hoping to have our bowling machine by the end of August. We have a strong presence with our committee and have some money in the bank to start off with.
We currently have two sponsors with the strong possibility of a third very soon. Our incentives are going to be excellent and the player auction should reach record amounts this season, all we need now is for the season to hurry up.

Apologies for sounded stupid.. whats the player auction?

Congrats on the rest though, sounding promising..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We are currently fishing in unchartered waters, have had a couple of players return with another couple set to, we have a few more possible recruits if all goes well, we are hoping to have our bowling machine by the end of August. We have a strong presence with our committee and have some money in the bank to start off with.

Apologies for sounded stupid.. whats the player auction?

Congrats on the rest though, sounding promising..

We have 7 one-dayers in the middle of the season. We auction off players for these games, if the player you purchased gets MOTM, you win the prize pool, it generally fetches around the $600 mark per game for the A grade MOTM and around $300 for the B grade MOTM.
It is not decided on votes, it is worked out by points, 1 per run, 12 per wicket, 5 for a not out, 5 for a catch or part of a run out, 10 for a direct hit run out.
the club takes 10% out and then splits the rest over the 7 rounds, it means someone wins some decent dollars each week therefore the club stays open for a good session, the player who won them the money usually gets looked after aswell. It was over the $900 mark a couple of seasons ago so we introduced the B grade into it aswell.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We have 7 one-dayers in the middle of the season. We auction off players for these games, if the player you purchased gets MOTM, you win the prize pool, it generally fetches around the $600 mark per game for the A grade MOTM and around $300 for the B grade MOTM.
It is not decided on votes, it is worked out by points, 1 per run, 12 per wicket, 5 for a not out, 5 for a catch or part of a run out, 10 for a direct hit run out.
the club takes 10% out and then splits the rest over the 7 rounds, it means someone wins some decent dollars each week therefore the club stays open for a good session, the player who won them the money usually gets looked after aswell. It was over the $900 mark a couple of seasons ago so we introduced the B grade into it aswell.

wow pretty decent idea..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We have 7 one-dayers in the middle of the season. We auction off players for these games, if the player you purchased gets MOTM, you win the prize pool, it generally fetches around the $600 mark per game for the A grade MOTM and around $300 for the B grade MOTM.

wow pretty decent idea..

We've been doing it for about 5 or 6 years now, you get the odd "non-payer", you just ban them from taking part in any future auctions and that's where the 10% comes into play. If they aren't paid up then they don't get their pay-out, so that is usually enough incentive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We've been doing it for about 5 or 6 years now, you get the odd "non-payer", you just ban them from taking part in any future auctions and that's where the 10% comes into play. If they aren't paid up then they don't get their pay-out, so that is usually enough incentive.

so your players auction for each other or members or a combination?
Do you like set something up at the start of the week and take bids or does it work like a proper auction?

Sounds like a good concept and good money spinner, especially if you can manage to involve those who arent always dipping into their own pockets each as well
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Do you like set something up at the start of the week and take bids or does it work like a proper auction?

Sounds like a good concept and good money spinner, especially if you can manage to involve those who arent always dipping into their own pockets each as well

We put a notice out with approx 24 players and a "wild card" and have a write up on each player, we set a saturday night for an auction and then go from there. Players usually range from $50 to $600, sometimes even more, most of the time people form syndicates prior to the night with aims to buy certain players, some people go in multiple syndicates, some people buy themselves. Whatever goes, as long as you have the highest bid and pay your money, we don't really care who buys who.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby saveyourlegs » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

We put a notice out with approx 24 players and a "wild card" and have a write up on each player, we set a saturday night for an auction and then go from there. Players usually range from $50 to $600, sometimes even more, most of the time people form syndicates prior to the night with aims to buy certain players, some people go in multiple syndicates, some people buy themselves. Whatever goes, as long as you have the highest bid and pay your money, we don't really care who buys who.

Sounds great LM..
So its only for the one dayers? How much do you go for?
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:50 pm

saveyourlegs wrote:
Sounds great LM..

I was meant to be captaining the C's last season so I wasn't on the list, I still came under the "wild card" that went for $300. I captained the B's the year before and went for about $400.
Raed Hannun and Damian Newman usually go for the most, two seasons ago, Ray Bickle went for $50 and he got the first two MOTM's netting his owner over $1300.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Whats the most players normally go for!

Where do people have this money!
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
saveyourlegs wrote:
Sounds great LM..

I was meant to be captaining the C's last season so I wasn't on the list, I still came under the "wild card" that went for $300. I captained the B's the year before and went for about $400.
Raed Hannun and Damian Newman usually go for the most, two seasons ago, Ray Bickle went for $50 and he got the first two MOTM's netting his owner over $1300.

hahaha handy investment!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps