Two Day Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Two Day Cricket

Postby Tiger Couple » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 am

I have just started playing in the SCA this season and they start the seasom with 4 x Two Day Games then 6 x One Day Games and finish with 2 x Two Day Games.

This provides the problem that we are in the block of 6 One Day games and some of the guys who arn't in the top 5 or 6 batters and bowlers struggle to get a go.

So for me Two Day Cricket is the way to keep people interested. It provides a lot more opportunities to make sure everyone gets a go.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby rainbow warrior » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:15 pm

PUNTER wrote:I have just started playing in the SCA this season and they start the seasom with 4 x Two Day Games then 6 x One Day Games and finish with 2 x Two Day Games.

This provides the problem that we are in the block of 6 One Day games and some of the guys who arn't in the top 5 or 6 batters and bowlers struggle to get a go.

So for me Two Day Cricket is the way to keep people interested. It provides a lot more opportunities to make sure everyone gets a go.

Merry Christmas Punter. Good to see you are playing again. I agree with you too and 2 day cricket. Lvoe it and prefer it any time of the day.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby DILLIGAF » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:08 pm

i hate 20/20 shity cricket doesnt teach the kids anything except smashin it where are the next gen of baggy greens coming from if we teach em crap cricket to early
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bag The Points » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:i hate 20/20 shity cricket doesnt teach the kids anything except smashin it where are the next gen of baggy greens coming from if we teach em crap cricket to early

Agreed, Dilli ! T20 is just turning cricket into a hybrid of baseball. Especially in batting, kids learn nothing except how to smash at the earliest opportunity.
I don't even like One-Dayers in kids cricket. Too much scope for higher percentage of players not getting bowling or batting action. Two-Dayers teach them more because they get more opportunity.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dogmatic » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't there is enough participation in 20/20. Too many players will do very little in games.
It might be popular but I don't think it will cease the epidemic of fat kids.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps