Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:56 pm

What if 25 girls at Southerns refuse to play there? If they don’t allow a license to another team will the girls just walk away from cricket?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whitepointers » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Brodlach wrote:What if 25 girls at Southerns refuse to play there? If they don’t allow a license to another team will the girls just walk away from cricket?

Represent Adelaide in ATCA
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:03 pm

whitepointers wrote:
Brodlach wrote:What if 25 girls at Southerns refuse to play there? If they don’t allow a license to another team will the girls just walk away from cricket?

Represent Adelaide in ATCA

Will just about kill the district comp
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:32 pm

whitepointers wrote:Ladies District Cricket at SDCC in big trouble.
4 girls wanting a clearance to Glenelg and 22 girls to Adelaide but SDCC are refusing to clear them and keep appealing to the SACA.
I think they are assuming that if they all go to Adelaide then a permit/licence to field a side in the comp will be automatic but I hear they are very hard to get.
Southern Districts refusing to clear players is nothing new!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
4 girls wanting a clearance to Glenelg and 22 girls to Adelaide but SDCC are refusing to clear them and keep appealing to the SACA.
I think they are assuming that if they all go to Adelaide then a permit/licence to field a side in the comp will be automatic but I hear they are very hard to get.

SACA told them to clear them too but they are refusing to.

Are you sure? Thought SACA was trying to get them to stay
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:14 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

SACA told them to clear them too but they are refusing to.

Are you sure? Thought SACA was trying to get them to stay

Came directly from a player
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby whitepointers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 am

Been told by a parent of a player that SACA directed SDCC to clear players on the 23/07/21 following legal advice.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Aerie » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 am

So all that work getting a pathway for female cricket established in the southern suburbs is going to be gone in one fell swoop? Why? Surely the players have to have a good hard think. Is there no negotiation possible with the SDCC management to outline a plan moving forward? If the SACA could promise an update of facilities, purely on the premise to reduce clubs for the men's competition, why not campaign for those facilities to be updated anyway if the money is there? For the betterment of SA cricket, I would've thought a strong outer southern club (SDCC) for men, women and children is very important.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby Catter4lyfe » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 am

Aerie wrote:So all that work getting a pathway for female cricket established in the southern suburbs is going to be gone in one fell swoop? Why? Surely the players have to have a good hard think. Is there no negotiation possible with the SDCC management to outline a plan moving forward? If the SACA could promise an update of facilities, purely on the premise to reduce clubs for the men's competition, why not campaign for those facilities to be updated anyway if the money is there? For the betterment of SA cricket, I would've thought a strong outer southern club (SDCC) for men, women and children is very important.

Ill never understand this argument. Granted only ever been involved in atca clubs, if the players arent happy why should they be forced to stay? Not the players fault if SDCC couldnt provide a program that was good. If a player isnt happy they wont perform - if they dont perform that helps no one at all.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby the smokey » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am

Catter4lyfe wrote:
Aerie wrote:So all that work getting a pathway for female cricket established in the southern suburbs is going to be gone in one fell swoop? Why? Surely the players have to have a good hard think. Is there no negotiation possible with the SDCC management to outline a plan moving forward? If the SACA could promise an update of facilities, purely on the premise to reduce clubs for the men's competition, why not campaign for those facilities to be updated anyway if the money is there?[u][u][u] [u]For the betterment of SA cricket[/u][/u][/u][/u], I would've thought a strong outer southern club (SDCC) for men, women and children is very important.

Ill never understand this argument. Granted only ever been involved in atca clubs, if the players arent happy why should they be forced to stay? Not the players fault if SDCC couldnt provide a program that was good. If a player isnt happy they wont perform - if they dont perform that helps no one at all.

You will find that most (not all) Grade Clubs think they are more important and entitled than they actually are. For the better of SA cricket if that was the only thing driving clubs & the SACA's decisions the whole competition would be completely different!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby billy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:11 pm

What a ridiculous comment .. so you have been around and talked to their cricket programs and that is their view? That is so far from the truth is does not matter, grade clubs are committed to developing cricketers and supporting the clubs that provide the players through the pathway. Community clubs do an outstanding job in developing young cricketers, how you get to the entitled view is beyond me. Having worked in cricket for a long time I find that view astounding!
billy

Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby oldeagle » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:37 pm

Ill never understand this argument. Granted only ever been involved in atca clubs, if the players arent happy why should they be forced to stay? Not the players fault if SDCC couldnt provide a program that was good. If a player isnt happy they wont perform - if they dont perform that helps no one at all.[/quote]

Southern Women played in both A and B Grade Grand Finals. They got led by the nose by 3 people during the "Merger".
oldeagle
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:01 pm

oldeagle wrote:
Southern Women played in both A and B Grade Grand Finals. They got led by the nose by 3 people during the "Merger".

There wasn't much unity out at Southern last season, they were very divided.

From what I've heard the club could've done more about it and now they are paying the price for sitting on their hands.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Seems the clearance issue has been resolved..... Adelaide released a promotional video on social media regarding the re-establishment of Women's cricket this morning.

Mentioned welcoming 22 new members and fielding first and second grade sides.
heater31

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:42 pm

heater31 wrote:
Seems the clearance issue has been resolved..... Adelaide released a promotional video on social media regarding the re-establishment of Women's cricket this morning.

Interesting they get a free pass straight into the SACA 1st and 2nd Grade women's comps without having to do the hard yards in ATCA or 2nd grade first? I only ask as Glenelg had to play in the 2nd grade before earning promotion. Same at Adelaide Uni who are still in 2nd grade?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby C Horse » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Don't reckon they'll be in 1st Grade the Buffaloes (what's a female buffalo called?).

They will start in 2nd Grade like Glenelg had to.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 pm

C Horse wrote:Don't reckon they'll be in 1st Grade the Buffaloes (what's a female buffalo called?).

Cows?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby whitepointers » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:59 pm

heater31 wrote:

Still waiting to be cleared I was told today.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:34 pm

Program up on MyCricket for all grades except for T20s and Women's (whether women's because still some doubt with Adelaide?)
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:
C Horse wrote:Don't reckon they'll be in 1st Grade the Buffaloes (what's a female buffalo called?).

Cows?
Seeing as the Buffalo actually is referring to the HMS Buffalo.....
heater31

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps