Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
billy wrote:
Aerie wrote:
C Horse wrote:
I understand this was presented as an option and west Torrens declined

Wow. Might cost them a finals spot in the end. Bizarre decision.

A bloke at the game on the weekend said that the points for the replayed game would have counted for the one day competition only so that changes things, why would a club reward another team who couldn't be bothered covering the wickets when it was originally programmed when they are going to play in the finals of the one day competition anyway, from a legal viewpoint I don't know where SACA would stand if they were challenged on the decision where the match conditions have been changed at a whim and clubs have been prevented from receiving points for the premiership table on the two day competition.

That is spot on Billy. If game was replayed yesterday was only for the one day comp. Only one that wins out of that was Northerns as they missed on percentage. WT could have got to 2nd and a home semi, but potentially against a harder team? Only option for 2 day comp is at the appeals tribunal.

In that case, I completely understand WT not choosing to play.

How do SACA make their decisions though!? If the match was replayed, why wouldn’t it count for both competitions? How could it not? The 10 points that WT miss out on could be crucial. Especially with the ridiculous rules in the finals where the top placed team just needs to block out a draw to go through.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby C Horse » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:41 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:Currently watching the Kayo Sports coverage of the Victorian Super Slam Grand Final.
I feel SACA misses a trick sometimes to promote premier cricket.

Agree. Thought at start of season they were going to be showing some of the 20/20 games on KAYO?

They should be showing Glenelg and Kensington on Sunday in One day cup Semi, with all the State players back including Alex Carey would be great promotion of Premier Cricket in SA :shock:

yes it got circulated to all the clubs and pretty sure there was unanimous favour then Saca pulled the pin just as quickly - if i could guess i think they might have done their sums wrong and didnt want to stump up cash or heaven forbid change the scheduling to promote the game.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Gosaints » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:40 pm

Gosaints wrote:did anyone hear the outcome of the saca investigation into their employee Shannon Tubb and the alleged sexting stuff?

the investigation was announced in November.

reported now that saca have no concerns

how bad is the culture and standards at that pathetic organisation
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 pm

Gosaints wrote:
Gosaints wrote:did anyone hear the outcome of the saca investigation into their employee Shannon Tubb and the alleged sexting stuff?

What do you know that everyone else doesn't?

Sexting isn't illegal. Both were consenting. I'm not sure why you expect SACA to act on something from years ago that happened before Tubb was even involved with SACA.

SACA are rubbish, there is plenty of areas they need to improve, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:41 pm

Gosaints wrote:

As opposed to St Kilda?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:54 am

Ladder

165 Sturt
130 Kensington
130 Tea Tree Gully
125 West Torrens *

120 University
110 Glenelg
100 Northern Districts
90 Woodville *
90 Port Adelaide
70 East Torrens

* Bye to come

All Round 9 matches listed as draws at present. Will they be replayed? Makes a huge difference. Guess we'll find out soon. Several key match ups in that round:
Sturt v Port
Woodville v East Torrens
Kensington v Uni
West Torrens v TTG

Some decisive results yesterday too

Kensington over East Torrens pretty much ends the Reds' season
Sturt likewise over Woodville
The Jets fly up, up over Adelaide Uni! Boilover. Much improved season from ND
Expected wins for TTG, West Torrens and Glenelg.

Also interesting to see whether two day matches make a comeback. Some clubs will be hoping outright points are on the table
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:40 am

Some dominant batting by Capel and Drew yesterday. The only risk they took in their partnership of 240 in about 28 overs was Capel backing up too far at the non-strikers end and getting run out by a Drew straight drive. Both young batsman at the top of their game currently. Hopefully that continues today in the OD Semi vs Sturt.
Aerie
Coach

Postby Insider_Trading » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:25 am

Sturt captain Brad Davis just given out obstructing the field after knocking ball away from stumps with his hand.

I think that is the 2nd time in his career he has done that.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:52 am

Insider_Trading wrote:Sturt captain Brad Davis just given out obstructing the field after knocking ball away from stumps with his hand.

Bizarre dismissal. Leading edge off the fast bowler which ballooned over his head and was going to land on the stumps. Used his open hand to knock it away instead of his bat.

Kensington in all sorts of trouble, 6/49 after 18 against Glenelg.
Aerie
Coach

Postby Shark_Hunter » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:29 pm

Aerie wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:Sturt captain Brad Davis just given out obstructing the field after knocking ball away from stumps with his hand.

Bizarre dismissal. Leading edge off the fast bowler which ballooned over his head and was going to land on the stumps. Used his open hand to knock it away instead of his bat.

Kensington in all sorts of trouble, 6/49 after 18 against Glenelg.

Eagles and Seahorses through to the GF. Replay of 2016/17 GF. Bays would be keen for revenge, Eags would be quietly confident. Should be a great match.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:48 pm

Bays didn't have Liam Scott or Alex Carey today. I wonder if they'll be available for the final? Eagles missing Gibson. Is he still injured? Strong teams. Hopefully everyone full strength
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Minimum Chips » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:09 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Bays didn't have Liam Scott or Alex Carey today. I wonder if they'll be available for the final? Eagles missing Gibson. Is he still injured? Strong teams. Hopefully everyone full strength

TC - I heard Scott didn't want to play this weekend due to "bubble fatigue". Not sure about Carey. I also heard (unconfirmed) that SACA wouldn't allow Gibson and Corey Kelly to play this weekend as they "might get injured"??? If that's the case and both players put their hand up wanting to play then that's a joke.
I believe the next shield fixtures may be on the weekend the GF is though?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:15 pm

Sturt started well, but Fallins and Short pulled in the run rate and got rid of the key pair of Dick and Davis. Sturt played it safe from there, with Kelly happy to push singles. Higton came on to bowl his left arm orthodox after Fallins 1st spell and kept things tight, bowling 10 overs straight 2-36. Kelly was the key wicket, the Eagles consistently being able to pick off his partner at the other end without damage being done. The moment Kelly decided it was time to put the foot down, Buckingham was brought back on and after being expensive early, picked up the crucial wicket of Kelly, caught at long on. The Eagles squeezed Sturt to 8-191 off 50 overs. Never enough runs on Price - a very good bowling effort all around.

Smith and Capel blazed quick fire 30’s. There was an appeal for caught behind down leg for Drew on 0, but not out. Fallins with 48* and Drew with 72 (out trying to hit a 6 with scores tied) saw the Eagles home easily and secure a spot in the Final against Glenelg, who thrashed Kensington.

Presumably the Shield will restart by the OD Final weekend so teams might be different.
Aerie
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Bays didn't have Liam Scott or Alex Carey today. I wonder if they'll be available for the final? Eagles missing Gibson. Is he still injured? Strong teams. Hopefully everyone full strength

TC - I heard Scott didn't want to play this weekend due to "bubble fatigue". Not sure about Carey. I also heard (unconfirmed) that SACA wouldn't allow Gibson and Corey Kelly to play this weekend as they "might get injured"??? If that's the case and both players put their hand up wanting to play then that's a joke.
I believe the next shield fixtures may be on the weekend the GF is though?

As usual MC, spot on the money.

Although not announced yet, players been told first Shield game back the weekend of Feb 12, so unfortunately the One day final teams are severely impacted. Assume Doggett, Carey, and potentially McSweeney be out, doubt Liam Scott gets picked but who knows. Think Drew a massive chance to be picked also, doubt Nielsen gets picked as a batter.

Corey Kelly did a side strain in Futures match during week, wanted to play as batter. Gibson did a PB in their 5km time trial this week and wanted to play also. Redbacks said they were both not allowed to play. :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:46 pm

Aerie wrote:Sturt started well, but Fallins and Short pulled in the run rate and got rid of the key pair of Dick and Davis. Sturt played it safe from there, with Kelly happy to push singles. Higton came on to bowl his left arm orthodox after Fallins 1st spell and kept things tight, bowling 10 overs straight 2-36. Kelly was the key wicket, the Eagles consistently being able to pick off his partner at the other end without damage being done. The moment Kelly decided it was time to put the foot down, Buckingham was brought back on and after being expensive early, picked up the crucial wicket of Kelly, caught at long on. The Eagles squeezed Sturt to 8-191 off 50 overs. Never enough runs on Price - a very good bowling effort all around.

Smith and Capel blazed quick fire 30’s. There was an appeal for caught behind down leg for Drew on 0, but not out. Fallins with 48* and Drew with 72 (out trying to hit a 6 with scores tied) saw the Eagles home easily and secure a spot in the Final against Glenelg, who thrashed Kensington.

Presumably the Shield will restart by the OD Final weekend so teams might be different.

Drew was dropped on zero by Arnold, absolute sitter on second ball he faced. He was also dropped down leg by keeper, and missed stumping by him also when under 20. Can’t afford to give best batter three chances, especially after making only191 with such short boundaries, 40 metres on clubroom side today.

Who would have guessed Kensy with four gun players back and their batting line up would make only 75 :shock: The guys playing the last couple of months have not lost would be pretty miffed (I know you had to bring them in :D)
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:57 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Sturt started well, but Fallins and Short pulled in the run rate and got rid of the key pair of Dick and Davis. Sturt played it safe from there, with Kelly happy to push singles. Higton came on to bowl his left arm orthodox after Fallins 1st spell and kept things tight, bowling 10 overs straight 2-36. Kelly was the key wicket, the Eagles consistently being able to pick off his partner at the other end without damage being done. The moment Kelly decided it was time to put the foot down, Buckingham was brought back on and after being expensive early, picked up the crucial wicket of Kelly, caught at long on. The Eagles squeezed Sturt to 8-191 off 50 overs. Never enough runs on Price - a very good bowling effort all around.

Drew was dropped on zero by Arnold, absolute sitter on second ball he faced. He was also dropped down leg by keeper, and missed stumping by him also when under 20. Can’t afford to give best batter three chances, especially after making only191 with such short boundaries, 40 metres on clubroom side today.

Who would have guessed Kensy with four gun players back and their batting line up would make only 75 :shock: The guys playing the last couple of months have not lost would be pretty miffed (I know you had to bring them in :D)

I had the live stream on while painting the bedroom. Missed those chances off Drew! Sounds like Sturt did themselves no favours!
Aerie
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Ladder

165 Sturt
130 Kensington
130 Tea Tree Gully
125 West Torrens *

120 University
110 Glenelg
100 Northern Districts
90 Woodville *
90 Port Adelaide
70 East Torrens

* Bye to come

All Round 9 matches listed as draws at present. Will they be replayed? Makes a huge difference. Guess we'll find out soon. Several key match ups in that round:
Sturt v Port
Woodville v East Torrens
Kensington v Uni
West Torrens v TTG

Some decisive results yesterday too

Kensington over East Torrens pretty much ends the Reds' season
Sturt likewise over Woodville
The Jets fly up, up over Adelaide Uni! Boilover. Much improved season from ND
Expected wins for TTG, West Torrens and Glenelg.

Also interesting to see whether two day matches make a comeback. Some clubs will be hoping outright points are on the table

Rumours are 2 day games to resume this week. Unlikely Round 9 gets replayed. Finish week earlier or have spare week just in case. Announcement has to be early in week surely :shock:

Rest of season for remaining seven chances:

Sturt - Northerns (H), Kensington (A), Glenelg (A)
Kensington - Port (A), Sturt (H), Woodville (H)
Tea Tree Gully - Uni (A), Adelaide (H), East Torrens (H)
West Torrens - Prospect (A), BYE, Adelaide (H)
Adelaide Uni - TTG (H), Glenelg (A), Southerns (A)
Glenelg - ET (A), Uni (H), Sturt (H)
Northerns - Sturt (A), ET (H), Port (H)

Few big games could determine placings (Sturt vs Kensy, Sturt vs Glenelg, TTG vs Uni, GL vs Uni). Plus TTG and WT both play Adelaide and Uni play Southerns which opens the door for potential outrights and extra ten points.

Going to be interesting finish to the season :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Gosaints » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:16 am

Trader wrote:
Gosaints wrote:

What do you know that everyone else doesn't?

Sexting isn't illegal. Both were consenting. I'm not sure why you expect SACA to act on something from years ago that happened before Tubb was even involved with SACA.

SACA are rubbish, there is plenty of areas they need to improve, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

I have not seen it reported anywhere that the exchange between Tubb and the female was by consent. I have seen it reported that she received a dick pic that was unsolicited and that she made a sexual harassment complaint to her employer.

is sending an uninvited dick pic legal?

regardless of the legal status Tubb was moved on from his role in Tasmania.

things don't need to be illegal to be inappropriate and worthy or dismissal or having a contract not renewed.

we all know culture and standards takes no talent so here was an opportunity to stand for something, however saca have again demonstrated they are not up to it.

I understand she was the receptionist and he was a former player and current coach - maybe a power imbalance?

can you point out where it has been reported that the sexting was consensual as referenced in your post?

at the end of the day saca need to determine if somebody who allegedly has behaved this way should be involved with junior male and female cricketers going forward.
Gosaints
Rookie

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 am

Gosaints wrote:can you point out where it has been reported that the sexting was consensual as referenced in your post?

The old guilty until proven innocent hey!

I have not seen it reported anywhere that it wasn't consensual. Can you prove prove otherwise as referenced in your post?

Anyway, here's a couple of articles from channel 7, neither suggest the conversations were one way.

At the time the allegations came out:
https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/saca ... -c-4653108

Following a review:
https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/pain ... -c-5478405

The fact that 4 different organisations have now investigated these claims (Cricket Australia's integrity unit, Tassie Cricket, SACA and PAC), and all 4 have came to the same conclusion, ie: nothing to see here, I get back to my original question to you. What do you know that makes SACA's decision wrong? And the same decision from the other 3 parties also wrong, but you're right?

Oh, and obviously you will provide evidence of what you know, not just say 'i heard', 'someone told me', 'i read it somewhere', etc.

Once again, SACA blows, but this isn't one they got wrong.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Gosaints » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:17 am

Trader wrote:
Gosaints wrote:can you point out where it has been reported that the sexting was consensual as referenced in your post?

The old guilty until proven innocent hey!

I have not seen it reported anywhere that it wasn't consensual. Can you prove prove otherwise as referenced in your post?

Anyway, here's a couple of articles from channel 7, neither suggest the conversations were one way.

At the time the allegations came out:
https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/saca ... -c-4653108

Following a review:
https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/pain ... -c-5478405

The fact that 4 different organisations have now investigated these claims (Cricket Australia's integrity unit, Tassie Cricket, SACA and PAC), and all 4 have came to the same conclusion, ie: nothing to see here, I get back to my original question to you. What do you know that makes SACA's decision wrong? And the same decision from the other 3 parties also wrong, but you're right?

Oh, and obviously you will provide evidence of what you know, not just say 'i heard', 'someone told me', 'i read it somewhere', etc.

Once again, SACA blows, but this isn't one they got wrong.

i can't see anything in what you have posted to indicate the exchange was consensual between Tubb and the female.

I have never said the exchange was not consensual, although given the reporting referenced "unsolicited" it would appear a fair assumption.

you said it was between 2 consenting adults - i was just seeking evidence of this statement.

the investigations?.....the one that led to Tubb being moved on from Tassie, and the one that CA did that did not even apparently talk to the female?

perhaps we just have different standards about people that allegedly send unsolicited dick pics to junior staff.
Gosaints
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps