Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:23 pm

West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.

Great first post Salad :shock: Nobody has been scared of Northerns for 25 years, and won’t be for the next 25 years. Basket case of a club! Sometimes you have to live by your principals.

The carry on I witnessed at the 20/20 the other week by an important west Torrens person would suggest that west Torrens have their own issues to work through
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Salad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:34 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Salad wrote:
C Horse wrote:
Aerie wrote:Surely you can’t replay the round if all the matches got a start. If they’re going to replay the abandoned games, they should make a time to replay the ND vs WT game as well.

I understand this was presented as an option and west Torrens declined

West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.

Great first post Salad :shock: Nobody has been scared of Northerns for 25 years, and won’t be for the next 25 years. Basket case of a club! Sometimes you have to live by your principals.

Not quite 25 years but yes they haven't been overly relevant for a while now, can't disagree with that.

But just from where I see it, one team was happy to play that day, one team wasn't. one team seems happy to play a rescheduled match, one team isn't. One team seems content with spreading false accusations over how the decision was made to not cover the pitch.
Salad
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:34 pm

billy wrote:
Aerie wrote:
C Horse wrote:
Aerie wrote:Surely you can’t replay the round if all the matches got a start. If they’re going to replay the abandoned games, they should make a time to replay the ND vs WT game as well.

I understand this was presented as an option and west Torrens declined

Wow. Might cost them a finals spot in the end. Bizarre decision.

A bloke at the game on the weekend said that the points for the replayed game would have counted for the one day competition only so that changes things, why would a club reward another team who couldn't be bothered covering the wickets when it was originally programmed when they are going to play in the finals of the one day competition anyway, from a legal viewpoint I don't know where SACA would stand if they were challenged on the decision where the match conditions have been changed at a whim and clubs have been prevented from receiving points for the premiership table on the two day competition.

That is spot on Billy. If game was replayed yesterday was only for the one day comp. Only one that wins out of that was Northerns as they missed on percentage. WT could have got to 2nd and a home semi, but potentially against a harder team? Only option for 2 day comp is at the appeals tribunal.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:41 pm

West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.[/quote]

Great first post Salad :shock: Nobody has been scared of Northerns for 25 years, and won’t be for the next 25 years. Basket case of a club! Sometimes you have to live by your principals.[/quote]

Not quite 25 years but yes they haven't been overly relevant for a while now, can't disagree with that.

But just from where I see it, one team was happy to play that day, one team wasn't. one team seems happy to play a rescheduled match, one team isn't. One team seems content with spreading false accusations over how the decision was made to not cover the pitch.[/quote]

Again Salad you are way off the mark. The accusations re covering pitch are not coming from WT, they are in a one page report by the umpires who have said Northern players/captain/coach kept changing their story. If you come to the appeal you will hear the truth :D

Was also not up to WT to want to play on dangerous pitch/run ups, the umpires determine if safe to play, totally their decision and they said no chance, end of story. And as explained, why replay the game just for the one day comp when WT are in the finals, only Northern win out of that.

Three from three wrong there mate :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:46 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.

The carry on I witnessed at the 20/20 the other week by an important west Torrens person would suggest that west Torrens have their own issues to work through

Talking more crap Arry :shock: If referring to our coach, he had every right to go off at your club. Was still lots of tension from the previous Saturday debacle. Then you were all going off having a crack at one of our players for something racist. This was totally false and he had every right to defend his player to the max. You got exactly what you deserved and he was well within his rights to let you know! Considering him and Cosi work together you can see how emotional the whole few days were.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Salad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.

Talking more crap Arry :shock: If referring to our coach, he had every right to go off at your club. Was still lots of tension from the previous Saturday debacle. Then you were all going off having a crack at one of our players for something racist. This was totally false and he had every right to defend his player to the max. You got exactly what you deserved and he was well within his rights to let you know! Considering him and Cosi work together you can see how emotional the whole few days were.

Not sure defending a racist comment is a hill worth dying on
Salad
Mini-League

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:56 pm

If you consider the way he yelled, swore and carried on acceptable then I feel sorry for the direction your taking
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby Salad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:58 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:West Torrens being scared of plucky little Northern’s is one of the funnier things to come out of this season.

Great first post Salad :shock: Nobody has been scared of Northerns for 25 years, and won’t be for the next 25 years. Basket case of a club! Sometimes you have to live by your principals.[/quote]

But just from where I see it, one team was happy to play that day, one team wasn't. one team seems happy to play a rescheduled match, one team isn't. One team seems content with spreading false accusations over how the decision was made to not cover the pitch.[/quote]

Again Salad you are way off the mark. The accusations re covering pitch are not coming from WT, they are in a one page report by the umpires who have said Northern players/captain/coach kept changing their story. If you come to the appeal you will hear the truth :D

Was also not up to WT to want to play on dangerous pitch/run ups, the umpires determine if safe to play, totally their decision and they said no chance, end of story. And as explained, why replay the game just for the one day comp when WT are in the finals, only Northern win out of that.

Three from three wrong there mate :shock:[/quote]

Sorry the accusations are coming from you on this board haha I won't be at the appeal as it doesn't concern me, just don't see the point in trying to dirty the name of another grade club.

Would happily read the one page report though if you have it handy. (Isolation and all)
Salad
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Salad wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

Not sure defending a racist comment is a hill worth dying on

There was NO racist comment, that’s the point.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:11 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:If you consider the way he yelled, swore and carried on acceptable then I feel sorry for the direction your taking

Defending his player from a vial, untrue accusation, yep, he can do what he wants.

Will take our culture over yours any day of the week, the way your players and coach carry on out on the field with their over appealing and intimidation is disgraceful.

No wonder all the Barossa kids are wanting to go to Prospect :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Salad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:21 pm

Nothing wrong with admitting a player made the wrong choice, own up, apologise and ensure you educate him on why he needs to be better next time. I doubt anyone thinks there was any true malice involved in the comment, but to just pretend it didn't happen is more the issue.
Salad
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 pm

Salad wrote:Nothing wrong with admitting a player made the wrong choice, own up, apologise and ensure you educate him on why he needs to be better next time. I doubt anyone thinks there was any true malice involved in the comment, but to just pretend it didn't happen is more the issue.

The Northern player started the whole thing, then stooped to the racist card, telling his family and everyone who cared to listen. The umpire who heard it all did nothing about it as that was so far from the truth. Done with you Salad, wasted enough time on you and your Club, that’s it now.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:12 pm

Why isn't there any games played on the 5th February?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Why isn't there any games played on the 5th February?

They cut the draw back to all one day games due to the close contact/COVID situation. Making a decision soon how to handle the rest of season, whether all one day games and finish season early, or keep with two day games. Expect season to be brought forward and play on Feb 5 still.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:35 am

Salad wrote:
Nothing wrong with admitting a player made the wrong choice, own up, apologise and ensure you educate him on why he needs to be better next time. I doubt anyone thinks there was any true malice involved in the comment, but to just pretend it didn't happen is more the issue.

100% Agree
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 am

Arry Gablett wrote:Salad wrote:

100% Agree

Final comment to you Aary as over you also and wasted too much time with you already. But cant let your lies go on without last comment as said to your mate Salad:

The Northern player started the whole thing, then stooped to the racist card, telling his family and everyone who cared to listen. The umpire who heard it all did nothing about it as that was so far from the truth. Done with you Salad, wasted enough time on you and your Club, that’s it now.

Matter closed, enjoy finishing below 10th for last 20 years buddy! Time to stop another kid from Barossa wanting out of your dead end Club :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Time to stop another kid from Barossa wanting out of your dead end Club

might need to do a demographic survey

you might be surprised
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Postby Port Pirie Power » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:41 pm

FWIW Eagles considering NDCC hasn’t been a club for 25 years your comments about them being completely irrelevant are harsh. In that time they have had Lehmann, Harris, Cosgrove and Manou all play for Australia. Not a bad strike rate in a short period of time.

If your irrelevance comment included the Salisbury District Cricket Club then I would be completely amazed.

Whilst I agree things there currently don’t seem very good, I would argue that WT weren’t in a fantastic spot in the few years before you won the premierships. Something nobody can take away from you. But I would suggest is that things can change quickly and some of the comments you have made seem pretty unfair.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Currently watching the Kayo Sports coverage of the Victorian Super Slam Grand Final.
I feel SACA misses a trick sometimes to promote premier cricket.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Currently watching the Kayo Sports coverage of the Victorian Super Slam Grand Final.
I feel SACA misses a trick sometimes to promote premier cricket.

Agree. Thought at start of season they were going to be showing some of the 20/20 games on KAYO?

They should be showing Glenelg and Kensington on Sunday in One day cup Semi, with all the State players back including Alex Carey would be great promotion of Premier Cricket in SA :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps