Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Brodlach » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Adelaide ended up 269

Sturt 4/73. Valente has 3
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Nice sitting out there watching and having a quiet ale
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 am

The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Could Glenelg and/or University step up into the Women's A Grade competition next season?

Uni have been ready for a while, they'd rather have two teams in the B Grade though.

Glenelg keen too (subject to SACA approval), plan was to go straight into A Grade 3 seasons ago, SACA said no!

Hmmm hold the phone on this

Glenelg forfeited their women's game yesterday according to MyCricket
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Could Glenelg and/or University step up into the Women's A Grade competition next season?

Uni have been ready for a while, they'd rather have two teams in the B Grade though.

Glenelg keen too (subject to SACA approval), plan was to go straight into A Grade 3 seasons ago, SACA said no!

Hmmm hold the phone on this

Glenelg forfeited their women's game yesterday according to MyCricket

Not due to a lack of numbers, curator forgot to prepare a pitch thinking no games due to the mens bye :roll:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:24 am

The Hound wrote:Not due to a lack of numbers, curator forgot to prepare a pitch thinking no games due to the mens bye :roll:

Wow!

Forfeit is a bit rough.

Surely they could have moved the game somewhere else? Glenelg's junior teams would have played Saturday and I assume the teams from the girls' opponents would have too. Plenty of decks to choose from.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
The Hound wrote:Not due to a lack of numbers, curator forgot to prepare a pitch thinking no games due to the mens bye :roll:

Wow!

Forfeit is a bit rough.

Surely they could have moved the game somewhere else? Glenelg's junior teams would have played Saturday and I assume the teams from the girls' opponents would have too. Plenty of decks to choose from.

14's were at Bowker (Hardwicket), 16's were at Westminster #2, maybe Camden wasn't prepared either?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Wow!

Forfeit is a bit rough.

14's were at Bowker (Hardwicket), 16's were at Westminster #2, maybe Camden wasn't prepared either?

Yeah you're probably right. And hard to just rock up to Westminster on a Sunday without arranging it beforehand I guess
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Brodlach wrote:Adelaide ended up 269

Heard there was some interesting things happening at the end of the day at Glandore??

Sturt (the twins again) complained about racial vilification. Brad Davis went to umps (two senior ones luckily) who said there was nothing in it and get on with the game.

The twins are starting to get a reputation for whinging, even had to get Tim Nielsen involved down in Hobart during State champs once when supposedly getting bullied by own teammates.

They need to grow up a bit, this is 1st Grade cricket and now all the teams know they are so easy to rattle, they will cop even more. What I heard the Adelaide boys were saying to them was just cricket banter and quite funny, and the distraction forced the wicket, so it worked. They are going to cop it even worse in the future and the higher up they go now.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Pardon my ignorance but what ethnicity are they?

Seem two of the best prospects going around in SA. I've heard nothing but good things about them for what it's worth except that the pair of them got in a brotherly scrap at one stage during a weights session haha!

Good that they've got a bit of aggro in them. Need to channel it of course but lots of players who make it to higher levels are naturally combatative.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 am

The Jets 14 Reds copped a bit of a snag late in the season, their best batsman has been picked in the Trinty first XI and can't play the last two rounds and their other other opener was promoted to the 16's Reds, a bit of bad timing as they're playing the top side (Adelaide) at the moment, will be a good test for them though.
The 14's standard has been very good from what I've seen this year, I thought Sturt, Kensi and Woodville were better than their position suggests, West Torrens have an advanced try-out process and are a very attractive club for juniors to play for so I thought they'd be higher.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Hound » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what ethnicity are they?

Seem two of the best prospects going around in SA. I've heard nothing but good things about them for what it's worth except that the pair of them got in a brotherly scrap at one stage during a weights session haha!

Good that they've got a bit of aggro in them. Need to channel it of course but lots of players who make it to higher levels are naturally combatative.

Hopefully they don't study otherwise Uni will come knocking :lol: as part of their junior development program ;)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:03 pm

The Hound wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what ethnicity are they?

Hopefully they don't study otherwise Uni will come knocking :lol: as part of their junior development program ;)

Reckon those boys are having gap year to focus on cricket, so may stay at Sturt!!

Did hear Zac Worden from TTG was not happy with lack of opportunities and looking at leaving. Looks like following Brazell and Schwarz to Uni.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Adelaide ended up 269

Heard there was some interesting things happening at the end of the day at Glandore??

Sturt (the twins again) complained about racial vilification. Brad Davis went to umps (two senior ones luckily) who said there was nothing in it and get on with the game.

The twins are starting to get a reputation for whinging, even had to get Tim Nielsen involved down in Hobart during State champs once when supposedly getting bullied by own teammates.

They need to grow up a bit, this is 1st Grade cricket and now all the teams know they are so easy to rattle, they will cop even more. What I heard the Adelaide boys were saying to them was just cricket banter and quite funny, and the distraction forced the wicket, so it worked. They are going to cop it even worse in the future and the higher up they go now.
Seems one of them took offence to being asked are they both happy at Sturt....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby North Eastern Nuffy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Zac Worden- A lack of opportunity?
I think I am correct in saying he has played a few A grade games this year in the T20's. Not a bad side to crack into as a 16yo.......
Don't believe everything you hear.
North Eastern Nuffy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:08 pm

North Eastern Nuffy wrote:Zac Worden- A lack of opportunity?
I think I am correct in saying he has played a few A grade games this year in the T20's. Not a bad side to crack into as a 16yo.......

Opening the batting for their Bs too and bowling.

Would be silly to move now. A few spots opening up very soon you'd think and a strong set up to move into. Perfect for a young player to have support and good players around him. Sure there might be easier A Grade games available elsewhere but that's not always a good thing. That kid at Southerns, though talented, probably got pushed up too quickly
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
North Eastern Nuffy wrote:Zac Worden- A lack of opportunity?

Opening the batting for their Bs too and bowling.

Would be silly to move now. A few spots opening up very soon you'd think and a strong set up to move into. Perfect for a young player to have support and good players around him. Sure there might be easier A Grade games available elsewhere but that's not always a good thing. That kid at Southerns, though talented, probably got pushed up too quickly

Heard from someone close to the family, so will wait and see, can say you heard it first here!!

Problem is young kids (more the parents!!) want it all straight away, they see their mates in State squads playing 1st Grade and want the same thing. Brazell was encouraged to move by Australian junior coaches, and does not speak highly of how he was handled last year. Think Worden may follow him there.

Best scenario is to slowly move them into 1st Grade while those Senior players are there, what happens if they all leave within year or two of each other and you have lost four or five of your best juniors in that time?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby North Eastern Nuffy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:13 pm

As a Junior, He'd have to be cleared by the club wouldn't he?
I very much doubt that TTG would clear another Junior with that talent.
I'm not too sure if Brazell's move has been a success at this point? Very few runs.
North Eastern Nuffy
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm

North Eastern Nuffy wrote:As a Junior, He'd have to be cleared by the club wouldn't he?
I very much doubt that TTG would clear another Junior with that talent.
I'm not too sure if Brazell's move has been a success at this point? Very few runs.

Correct, they would have to clear him.

Pretty tough batting at 3 or 4 in 1st Grade as young kid, he has only got going a couple of times, but no big scores.

Getting his HECS debt paid though!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby North Eastern Nuffy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Didn't Brazell play A grade at TTG when he was available? (between State duties and playing first XI with Rostrevor)
Unsure on how they could have handled him better?
From what I have heard, pushy and impatient parents may have had something to do with it. As well as the usual offer of $$$ and promises from University.
North Eastern Nuffy
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm

North Eastern Nuffy wrote:Didn't Brazell play A grade at TTG when he was available? (between State duties and playing first XI with Rostrevor)
Unsure on how they could have handled him better?
From what I have heard, pushy and impatient parents may have had something to do with it. As well as the usual offer of $$$ and promises from University.

Yep, think he ended up being a victim of a Premiership team.

Only batted twice in 1st Grade all season, and did not play after Xmas in 1st Grade.

Was often batting 6 or 7 but they often did not get down that far in batting line up for him to bat!
Eagles2014
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps