Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket 2009-10

Postby CoverKing » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 am

Bulldogs007 wrote:Grade cricket must have gone a backwards a fair bit since i stoped playing it.

U are kidding urself there Bulldogs007. when u played grade cricket, it was C grade, u bowl at 10 kmph where as McCormack bowls at good pace and on a good length.
The two batsman, are both technically very very good. They also have patience. Mayve u can take a look at there game and apply it to urs.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

Pumba wrote:how are TTG going to go this season? will they make the finals? any big ins?

No big ins Pumba

We have a very young squad but plenty of talent. We will have some inconsitant performances this year due to the youth but the years to come look good. Finally after a few years we have some good juniors coming through and most have had a years senior experience.

This pre season we have had 35 plus to the running sessions (running about 7kms each session) and 45+ at the indoor sessions which has been a great turnout
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Bulldogs007 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm

CoverKing wrote:
Bulldogs007 wrote:Grade cricket must have gone a backwards a fair bit since i stoped playing it.

U are kidding urself there Bulldogs007. when u played grade cricket, it was C grade, u bowl at 10 kmph where as McCormack bowls at good pace and on a good length.
The two batsman, are both technically very very good. They also have patience. Mayve u can take a look at there game and apply it to urs.

lol your a funny man Coverking but all you do is talk cra_....yes there are technically correct batters and have pacience but at district level it takes more than just that mate expecially A GRADE seeing the bowlers will work a batter out straight away. J McCormack is a handy bowler to , not fast bowls a good line and length, but A GRADE ........ ARE YOU SURE.......southern must really be struggling... maybe you should go to southern to Coverking you cn tell everyone your opinion up there..... And mate your the last one to tell some one about playing with pacience....take a look at your self.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby CoverKing » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Bulldogs007 wrote:
CoverKing wrote:

lol your a funny man Coverking but all you do is talk cra_....yes there are technically correct batters and have pacience but at district level it takes more than just that mate expecially A GRADE seeing the bowlers will work a batter out straight away. J McCormack is a handy bowler to , not fast bowls a good line and length, but A GRADE ........ ARE YOU SURE.......southern must really be struggling... maybe you should go to southern to Coverking you cn tell everyone your opinion up there..... And mate your the last one to tell some one about playing with pacience....take a look at your self.

Sign on Sign off.

Didnt say u needed patience. I just said you could have a look at there game and apply it to yours. Read he post signonsignoff007.
All i do is talk carp? havnt seen yaself on safooty yet mate. cmon heath streak and ross moore. Please!!!!! I wont have to tell Southern my opinion as i think ull find that it will be pretty similar to that of the Southern coaching staff already. Time will tell.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Bulldogs007 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:12 pm

CoverKing wrote:
Bulldogs007 wrote:
CoverKing wrote:

Sign on Sign off.

Didnt say u needed patience. I just said you could have a look at there game and apply it to yours. Read he post signonsignoff007.
All i do is talk carp? havnt seen yaself on safooty yet mate. cmon heath streak and ross moore. Please!!!!! I wont have to tell Southern my opinion as i think ull find that it will be pretty similar to that of the Southern coaching staff already. Time will tell.

Mate i didnt know i signed any papers lol, you are a spanner... Heath Streak, he will be a good pick up for plympton this season. The only player that could possible play A Grade district out of the group of players that you named is B. McCormack. If the other two play put all your money on southern for the wooden spoon, because they will be struggling.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby the star » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:00 am

luvcricket wrote:How are teams looking for the start of the season? West Torrens are looking pretty sweet in the batting department. Will have a strong A and B grade.

Northerns looking reasonably strong especially at full strength, how much choc, coz and dudu are around is anyones guess, but would assume will have coz for a lot less this season. Ben Wright returns from Glamorgan prior to round 1, Merv Westfield from Essex is back during round 2, also have a few lads from UK playing in lower grades over as well.
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 pm

the star wrote:
luvcricket wrote:How are teams looking for the start of the season? West Torrens are looking pretty sweet in the batting department. Will have a strong A and B grade.

Northerns looking reasonably strong especially at full strength, how much choc, coz and dudu are around is anyones guess, but would assume will have coz for a lot less this season. Ben Wright returns from Glamorgan prior to round 1, Merv Westfield from Essex is back during round 2, also have a few lads from UK playing in lower grades over as well.

Why are Northerns bothering with "Whoopie Golberg'' again from what I saw of him last year he is a waste of space all fire and brimstone with the first spell of the day then after that a D grader could bowl with more heart than him
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:05 pm

heater31 wrote:
the star wrote:

Why are Northerns bothering with "Whoopie Golberg'' again from what I saw of him last year he is a waste of space all fire and brimstone with the first spell of the day then after that a D grader could bowl with more heart than him

hahaha gold
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby interested observer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:07 pm

heater31 wrote:
the star wrote:

Seen him bowl some rockets in a 20/20 last year....
Obviously lacks a motor in the longer format ?????
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Grade Cricket

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Adelaide 148, Luke Williams made 50-odd, Cece took 5 wickets for the Blues. Sturt 0/6.

Anyone else have any scores?
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby smac » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:50 am

Southerns 9/161, Northerns bowlers: Trent Pascoe 3/35, Steve Marks 4/36, Andrew Frick 2/43.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Simon Roberts and Joel Garrett both got into the forties for Southern. Very slow outfield made runs hard to find, but I'd have hoped we'd have done better than that. Going to take a lot of hard work to get the first-round points from here.
Six bats bowled #-o Come on guys, we've gotta do much better than that !
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby the javelin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Simon Roberts and Joel Garrett both got into the forties for Southern. Very slow outfield made runs hard to find, but I'd have hoped we'd have done better than that. Going to take a lot of hard work to get the first-round points from here.

i had a look down at bice oval saturday, the ground looked like a sand pit, i think there was two 4's and a 6 hit for the whole day. saw some cracking shots that only registered singles or 2 at best. didn't look real good to play cricket on {bice oval} bit dangerous for the fielding team. i think southerns should have made a few more but 161 is probs worth 250 on a normal ground, the wicket played ok looked abit slow which is probs expected
the javelin
Mini-League

Postby Get on it » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Simon Roberts and Joel Garrett both got into the forties for Southern. Very slow outfield made runs hard to find, but I'd have hoped we'd have done better than that. Going to take a lot of hard work to get the first-round points from here.

how did northern districts look in the field BTP and do the figures reflect how they fielded and their best bowlers on the day?
Get on it
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 am

I watched about an hour or so of the Port v kensington game on weekend
Port looked a rather different side to years gone by
very young and enthusiastic!
Bowled well with both weeks and swaede not playing.
Monger and Dilley have put themselves in a good position to get first innings points being 0/50 or something like that!
Just hope they can bat through and both have a good start to the season and port get the points!!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Get on it wrote:

how did northern districts look in the field BTP and do the figures reflect how they fielded and their best bowlers on the day?

Jets bowling looked pretty good to me, but can't say the same for their ground fielding, Can't remember any catches going down, but the ground fielding at times was sloppy (thank goodness for that. The Stingrays wouldn't have got those 161 which don't seem enough anyway)
Pascoe's bowling was tremendous, especially the ball that got Overall.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby the star » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Bag The Points wrote:
Get on it wrote:

Jets bowling looked pretty good to me, but can't say the same for their ground fielding, Can't remember any catches going down, but the ground fielding at times was sloppy (thank goodness for that. The Stingrays wouldn't have got those 161 which don't seem enough anyway)
Pascoe's bowling was tremendous, especially the ball that got Overall.

you have to be joking me find me another team that would have fielded better then that on what resembled a sheeps paddock, only 2 misfields all day on an oval that had more sand then cut grass (state of the oval not southerns fault either, all footy related)
the star
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Have west torrens uncovered a new star in the making. I believe there number 7 smashed 72 with 4 massive sixes to almost get them over the line against the favourites for the comp. Pity his bowling was a little costly.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:43 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Have west torrens uncovered a new star in the making. I believe there number 7 smashed 72 with 4 massive sixes to almost get them over the line against the favourites for the comp. Pity his bowling was a little costly.

what was his name?
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:Have west torrens uncovered a new star in the making. I believe there number 7 smashed 72 with 4 massive sixes to almost get them over the line against the favourites for the comp. Pity his bowling was a little costly.

what was his name?

A Bosworth. May just make some runs this year
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps