Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 am

Adel, Pros, SD all 0-2

With 5 games in the first month it can really shape your season. Long way back if teams start slow.

Adelaide vs the unbeaten Jets this week becomes an important game.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am

Northern Districts women First Grade 596 from 50 overs :shock:

4 hundreds all better than a run a ball!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Aeropti » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am

What's the go regarding the one day competition for teams who have the bye those rounds? No SACA u/19 games that I can see?
Aeropti

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am

heater31 wrote:Northern Districts women First Grade 596 from 50 overs :shock:

Was about to post about it, Port had players that have never played before, their women's cricket is in tatters, they backed the wrong person last year and are paying for it now, they managed to get rid of the cancer but all too late, so sad for a club that was up and about two seasons ago, went from playing in a GF to getting absolutely belted the next season and it's only getting worse, they are rebuilding from the bottom up but there is a very long journey ahead for them, it will be real character building if they can see out the season copping belting's like this, I can't see too many teams doing the right thing and letting them bat first now that the bar has been set.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am

Aeropti wrote:What's the go regarding the one day competition for teams who have the bye those rounds? No SACA u/19 games that I can see?

The great unanswered question!

Also the Ds teams as they play an unequal number of games.

I think they're using points ratio (points per game) but haven't heard for sure
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Was about to post about it, Port had players that have never played before, their women's cricket is in tatters, they backed the wrong person last year and are paying for it now, they managed to get rid of the cancer but all too late, so sad for a club that was up and about two seasons ago, went from playing in a GF to getting absolutely belted the next season and it's only getting worse, they are rebuilding from the bottom up but there is a very long journey ahead for them, it will be real character building if they can see out the season copping belting's like this, I can't see too many teams doing the right thing and letting them bat first now that the bar has been set.

Surely they have to drop out of A Grade immediately

Yeah, it creates a bye but these type of games don't do anything for anyone
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Surely they have to drop out of A Grade immediately

Yeah, it creates a bye but these type of games don't do anything for anyone

But then Amanda Wellington has no home club when she's available, I'd say that is the only road block, it's disturbing otherwise.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the smokey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 pm

This is a post not to jump on the lets bag Pt Adelaide band wagon but a post to show strong concern for the club and its overall development.

We all know that the junior side of the Pt Adelaide cricket club has had major issues for a long time. But I would now say that they are at there worst!
The fact that once again forfeited the under 14 whites and the standard of cricket that I watched on the weekend was the worst standard of grade cricket I have ever seen in any grade.

I really strongly believe that there junior program is beyond repair! I really don't know how or if this can be fixed. Funding and everything else is not the issue. Yes I understand that they don't live in a thriving area full of kids like other clubs but something has to change or the junior side of there club might not be here in 5 or so years!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:23 pm

the smokey wrote:This is a post not to jump on the lets bag Pt Adelaide band wagon but a post to show strong concern for the club and its overall development.

We all know that the junior side of the Pt Adelaide cricket club has had major issues for a long time. But I would now say that they are at there worst!
The fact that once again forfeited the under 14 whites and the standard of cricket that I watched on the weekend was the worst standard of grade cricket I have ever seen in any grade.

I really strongly believe that there junior program is beyond repair! I really don't know how or if this can be fixed. Funding and everything else is not the issue. Yes I understand that they don't live in a thriving area full of kids like other clubs but something has to change or the junior side of there club might not be here in 5 or so years!

To be honest with you, my lad trained out there a couple of years back as my daughter was playing women's and the juniors trained at the same time, their training was well structured, had seniors out there doing one on one's, overall I was quite impressed with the professionalism shown.

Although they have West Torrens and Woodville nearby, they have the whole of the peninsula to canvas players from, I think it's a case of them being so far behind the other clubs that no one wants to go out there now, you'd think kids on the fringe at other clubs would go out there to get game time, you know you're gonna get a decent batting spot, you'd know you'll get a bowl and probably two hits a game.

I know Dean is doing all he can the lift the club as a whole, I do hope for their sake and SACA that they get through, their junior fees are reasonable, maybe they have to sacrifice a year of letting kids play for free to get them through the door?

What game were you at on the weekend?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the smokey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:32 pm

What game were you at on the weekend?[/quote]

Under 16 whites - the manager/coach of the team didn't know all of the kids names - which means they could have had a few ring ins etc- but the overall standard with bat, ball and in the field was well below par.

I just think they are so far behind and I can't see a way out of it for them now!
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 pm

There must be kids down that way. North Haven, Port Districts, Portland, SMOSH, Rosewater, West Croydon... all have junior footy teams don't they?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm

the smokey wrote:
Under 16 whites - the manager/coach of the team didn't know all of the kids names - which means they could have had a few ring ins etc- but the overall standard with bat, ball and in the field was well below par.

I just think they are so far behind and I can't see a way out of it for them now!

That Halfpenny lad goes alright for you guys, still pretty young too, I hope Thiele has a good season, nice lad and he's old man is a great bloke.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:There must be kids down that way. North Haven, Port Districts, Portland, SMOSH, Rosewater, West Croydon... all have junior footy teams don't they?

Yep, anywhere east of Rosewater you could cross out but surely there's enough kids in the other regions you mentioned.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the smokey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
the smokey wrote:

That Halfpenny lad goes alright for you guys, still pretty young too, I hope Thiele has a good season, nice lad and he's old man is a great bloke.

Yea a real good young kid with a great head on his shoulders. A jet on the footy field as well, and still very young.

Yea the group of young lads we have in the 14's and 16's this year are really good kids which makes everything easier.
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Aeropti » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Think they need to get rid of 16 whites full stop. Relic of a bygone era when the standard was higher.
Aeropti

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm

The White teams and the D Grade... they're like the canary down the mine shaft.

Indication of the underlying health of cricket in the area and of the club.

Have any clubs who have trouble fielding decent Whites/D Grade teams been killing it at a senior level? Producing lots of quality cricketers?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby the smokey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Aeropti wrote:Think they need to get rid of 16 whites full stop. Relic of a bygone era when the standard was higher.

this cant occur until the ATCA turf comp etc is fully aligned with premier cricket - otherwise it becomes very problematic with only one team when you have to drop kids or missing due to holidays etc.
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:The White teams and the D Grade... they're like the canary down the mine shaft.

Indication of the underlying health of cricket in the area and of the club.

Have any clubs who have trouble fielding decent Whites/D Grade teams been killing it at a senior level? Producing lots of quality cricketers?
Aeropti wrote:Think they need to get rid of 16 whites full stop. Relic of a bygone era when the standard was higher.

Correct on both calls, whites in 14's has credence, the Jets basically use their whites as a 13's and prepare them for the reds for the following season.

By 16's you're either there or you're not & D Grade is like a hit n the park with drunk mates and nanna.

The 16 Reds could probably have a squad of 15 to choose from, those that miss out can go play club cricket until they get their chance.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Gosaints » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

well done heros at northerns for beating up on a side clearly under strength. not one batter retired to give the others a hit.

just set back womens cricket 10 years and it must be very satisfying for state players to go well against players that have never played before
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Gosaints wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

well done heros at northerns for beating up on a side clearly under strength. not one batter retired to give the others a hit.

just set back womens cricket 10 years and it must be very satisfying for state players to go well against players that have never played before
It's First Grade Cricket not an under 13 girls match!

Did Glenelg men's Third grade give Southern Districts another hit after rolling them for 14.....I doubt it.

I hope Port have spoken with SACA regarding their predicament and a solution can be found.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps