Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:33 pm

Salad wrote:Conway to Uni & Thornton to Kensington?

Sounds like the big clubs getting redbacks again be nice if a player said I’m going to a battler for once!
If manenti is going to port going to make them incredibly strong and good on for getting on the front foot
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby the star » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Ridiculous and poor by SACA in my opinion to let the stronger clubs recruit the Redback recruits.

Im pretty sure Tasmania have a policy that if they (Tasmanian Cricket) recruit a player they are not allowed to go to a club with 4 or more state reps. Players are to meet with every club that has less than 4 and they are to made to choose from one of these clubs.
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:19 pm

maxi wrote:

Sounds like the big clubs getting redbacks again be nice if a player said I’m going to a battler for once!
If manenti is going to port going to make them incredibly strong and good on for getting on the front foot

Heard Manenti maybe going to Adelaide (not sure he realizes how small the oval is and not suited to spinners :shock:)
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:20 pm

the star wrote:Ridiculous and poor by SACA in my opinion to let the stronger clubs recruit the Redback recruits.

Im pretty sure Tasmania have a policy that if they (Tasmanian Cricket) recruit a player they are not allowed to go to a club with 4 or more state reps. Players are to meet with every club that has less than 4 and they are to made to choose from one of these clubs.

We shouldn't expect anything else unforunately. Finished bottom 7 out of the past 10 seasons including the last 5 in a row. The same mob in charge all along and continue to be aided by SACA. Blaming it on too many clubs is just a cop out and trying to deflect the blame away from their own incompetence.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:

Heard Manenti maybe going to Adelaide (not sure he realizes how small the oval is and not suited to spinners :shock:)

Don't think he's exactly a world-beater Eags. Not sure what sort of bloke he is but I hear the culture in at SACA is appalling. The interstaters think their s..t doesn't stink and they know they'll get preferential treatment.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:

Don't think he's exactly a world-beater Eags. Not sure what sort of bloke he is but I hear the culture in at SACA is appalling. The interstaters think their s..t doesn't stink and they know they'll get preferential treatment.
That's been happening for years. Can recall being told Dan Christian had a dummy spit in full public view with a SACA official at being made to play Grade cricket one weekend!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Salad » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:28 pm

While we’re on the topic, I heard one club contacted SACA about their thoughts around all the new interstate lads and SACA basically said that they couldn’t give a f**k where they go.
Salad
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:55 am

Salad wrote:While we’re on the topic, I heard one club contacted SACA about their thoughts around all the new interstate lads and SACA basically said that they couldn’t give a f**k where they go.

This would then achieve their objective of reducing clubs by proxy. Allow the strong clubs to become stronger and the weaker ones to eventually fall by the wayside (or an excuse to put them in Div 2).
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Grade Cricket

Postby Anatidae » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am

Interesting concept. Players have to apply for 1 of 6 spots in the Redbacks Pathway Academy...Surely HP would know the players moving from Underage Squads they want to keep in their Program. Just another oddity from this organisation.

https://www.saca.com.au/teams/player-pa ... ay-academy
Anatidae
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:51 am

Anatidae wrote:Interesting concept. Players have to apply for 1 of 6 spots in the Redbacks Pathway Academy...Surely HP would know the players moving from Underage Squads they want to keep in their Program. Just another oddity from this organisation.

Absolutely bizarre :shock: So Shaun Williams getting the players to do his job??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:58 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Anatidae wrote:Interesting concept. Players have to apply for 1 of 6 spots in the Redbacks Pathway Academy...Surely HP would know the players moving from Underage Squads they want to keep in their Program. Just another oddity from this organisation.

Absolutely bizarre :shock: So Shaun Williams getting the players to do his job??

Another one who has been involved along with Nielsen in overseeing the continued failure of the development system here. A token gesture in my opinion to make it look like they are doing something when in reality they have pretty much recruited a full team from interstate and will favour those players anyway (so as to justify to themselves why they recruited them in the first place). Is this a replacement for the "Emerging Redbacks"?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:13 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

The High Performance department of SACA never cease to amaze. Are they planning to film training sessions to produce a reality TV series as well?!
heater31

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

The High Performance department of SACA never cease to amaze. Are they planning to film training sessions to produce a reality TV series as well?!

Just submitted my application :)

with an average of <20 in B grade cricket I'm a shoe in!
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Anatidae » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Would have thought local talent coming out SACA Underage Squads/Premier Cricket that don't have Rookie contracts would be identified by HP & spots offered in this Academy, not other way around via "Application Process". Do they want to keep giving AFL/other sports a leg up with young talent?
Anatidae
Mini-League

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Most high performance programs around the country require an application to join the program especially in the SIS/SAS system rather than a tap on the shoulder.

it's a means of getting commitment to a program rather than shoving wind up a young bucks ar5e by asking them to join your program.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Anatidae » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm

My point is I’m pretty sure at the AFL equivalent players are identified & offered Academy spots, not an open application process. That’s who SACA are competing with for young talent.
Anatidae
Mini-League

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:50 pm

Anatidae wrote:My point is I’m pretty sure at the AFL equivalent players are identified & offered Academy spots, not an open application process. That’s who SACA are competing with for young talent.

Footballers have to nominate for the AFL draft

A bit strange but there's plenty of other more important things to criticise SACA about
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby maxi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Who’s coaching Sturt and Adelaide this season
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:58 pm

maxi wrote:Who’s coaching Sturt and Adelaide this season
Don't think Adelaide have had a change no idea about Sturt

Speaking of Sturt heard today Max Parker has moved to ATCA.
heater31

Postby Anatidae » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:07 am

Muggleton Coaching Sturt (A's+ Head Coach)

I understand Daniel Clarke moved on also
Anatidae
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps