Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:56 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Ladder after Round 5
95 Sturt - surprise packets. Solid team. Spoors a decent recruit and some younger players coming on. Will the Kelly brothers be off to higher honours though?
70 University* - looking ominous, even without Wakim. Winter and Agar a destructive combo
65 West Torrens - strongest top order in the competition when at full strength. If Spencer Johnson stays fit they will be up there
60 Kensington* - there again. Big game vs West Torrens this round

60 Glenelg* - strong team as usual.
60 Tea Tree Gully - look a completely different unit with Page, Worden and Oakley all back. Contenders
60 East Torrens - Dangerous team in all formats. Got their regulars plus Campbell Thompson looks a find (left arm quick)

Sadly I think the teams from here down will be making up the numbers:
40 Port
40 Woodville
30 Prospect
20 Northern Districts*
20 Adelaide*
0 Southern District

*have had the bye

Some big games this round:
Tea Tree Gully vs Glenelg
University vs Sturt
West Torrens vs Kensington

Early days of course but these "8 point games" might be looked back upon as decisive, especially as teams want momentum going into Christmas

For some reason a lot of sports are struggling in the northern burbs.

Northern District down the bottom and have been for a while now. Centrals down the bottom and have been for a while. SAAFL teams from the northern burbs all pretty much in div 4-5 and below.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:00 am

whufc wrote:For some reason a lot of sports are struggling in the northern burbs.

Northern District down the bottom and have been for a while now. Centrals down the bottom and have been for a while. SAAFL teams from the northern burbs all pretty much in div 4-5 and below.

Is soccer going well out that way?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:34 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
whufc wrote:For some reason a lot of sports are struggling in the northern burbs.

Is soccer going well out that way?

Yeah real well. Nearly all teams are in the top 2 divs of the SAAFL both Saturday and Sunday comps.

Obviously that is where is the interest is out there.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Insider_Trading » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Covid at Glandore?
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby mickey » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Covid at Glandore?
A Port player

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:11 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... e7786f3264

A Senior Port Adelaide Cricket Club player has tested positive for Covid, sparking the cancellation of eight senior and junior matches across Adelaide on Saturday as a precaution.

It is understood the PACC senior player was alerted by SA Health on Friday that he was a close contact after meeting with friends on Tuesday.

A second PACC senior player, also present at the catch-up on Tuesday, has tested negative. Both players are doubled vaccinated.

The affected player, aged in his 20s, attended training Thursday night at Port Adelaide and was in the clubrooms after training.

There was possible contact with junior players on that training night.

As a result, all junior and senior Port Adelaide Club matches scheduled for today were cancelled against the Adelaide and Tea Tree Gully cricket clubs.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Hound » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavirus/club-matches-cancelled-after-senior-port-adelaide-cricket-club-player-tests-positive-after-attending-training/news-story/ec0e08fcc2099628eb7a0ce7786f3264

A Senior Port Adelaide Cricket Club player has tested positive for Covid, sparking the cancellation of eight senior and junior matches across Adelaide on Saturday as a precaution.

It is understood the PACC senior player was alerted by SA Health on Friday that he was a close contact after meeting with friends on Tuesday.

A second PACC senior player, also present at the catch-up on Tuesday, has tested negative. Both players are doubled vaccinated.

The affected player, aged in his 20s, attended training Thursday night at Port Adelaide and was in the clubrooms after training.

There was possible contact with junior players on that training night.

As a result, all junior and senior Port Adelaide Club matches scheduled for today were cancelled against the Adelaide and Tea Tree Gully cricket clubs.

Bad timing as well, as some will not be able to attend the test match due to it being a covid management event.

Good chase by the Peckers last night!
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 pm

The ending to the Uni v Sturt game :shock:
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Unbelievable win by Sturt at Uni

Sturt 358 on Day 1

Uni all out 331, last wicket falling on the last ball of the day as Uni tried to play out for a draw. Looked like a wrong 'un from leggie Matthew Spoors - bowled through the gate. Had a perilously close lbw turned down that over too. Jubilant scenes as you can imagine!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:23 pm

Geez Adelaide are battling

All out 73 in just 25 overs against Port Adelaide. Looks a very young batting line up.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Minimum Chips » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Unbelievable win by Sturt at Uni

Sturt 358 on Day 1

Uni all out 331, last wicket falling on the last ball of the day as Uni tried to play out for a draw. Looked like a wrong 'un from leggie Matthew Spoors - bowled through the gate. Had a perilously close lbw turned down that over too. Jubilant scenes as you can imagine!

That's a big choke by the parasites!! 2/253 then all out. Saw most of the last session and the direct hit to get rid of S Kerber and then some very ordinary batting.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Unbelievable win by Sturt at Uni

Sturt 358 on Day 1

That's a big choke by the parasites!! 2/253 then all out. Saw most of the last session and the direct hit to get rid of S Kerber and then some very ordinary batting.

Seemed like they couldn't decide whether to go for the runs or shut up shop. Confused batting.

Makes the table interesting with 2nd, 3rd and 5th all losing. Makes the ladder look like this I think:

115 Sturt
80 Kensington*
80 Tea Tree Gully
70 University*

65 West Torrens
60 Glenelg*
60 East Torrens*

* had bye

Sturt vs East Torrens first game back after Christmas
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:28 am

Adelaide vs Prospect T20 scheduled for tonight postponed till the new year due to positive Covid cases in both clubs. I guess this is what we'll be living with in the new year
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Adelaide vs Prospect T20 scheduled for tonight postponed till the new year due to positive Covid cases in both clubs. I guess this is what we'll be living with in the new year
They attended Loverboy I guess.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Postponed games will happen more often now.

While not knowing any details from this story: Compared to the Port Adelaide one a couple of weeks ago. Unless the whole club is a hotspot as such, then postponing a game is a bit over the top (in my opinion anyway). Surely 11 players can be found.

I do hope everyone is fit and healthy though.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Postby Shark_Hunter » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Postponed games will happen more often now.

While not knowing any details from this story: Compared to the Port Adelaide one a couple of weeks ago. Unless the whole club is a hotspot as such, then postponing a game is a bit over the top (in my opinion anyway). Surely 11 players can be found.

I do hope everyone is fit and healthy though.

Couple of Eagles now positive after going out Saturday night, played in the T20 on Tues, but only found out the next day. Whole team and coach now isolating, Stingrays have also been notified.
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Going to be some interesting times filling sides in the coming weeks, I'd feel most teams will be dealing with Covid issues and I feel it's only going to get worse
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby bowl100 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:54 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Going to be some interesting times filling sides in the coming weeks, I'd feel most teams will be dealing with Covid issues and I feel it's only going to get worse

I can’t see how they are going to start up again this week, there is going to be too many instances of teams/ whole clubs not being able to play. Also the change room issues and so on. Chance of postponement maybe…
bowl100
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:47 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Going to be some interesting times filling sides in the coming weeks, I'd feel most teams will be dealing with Covid issues and I feel it's only going to get worse
Coming out of retirement mate?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:54 am

bowl100 wrote:

I can’t see how they are going to start up again this week, there is going to be too many instances of teams/ whole clubs not being able to play. Also the change room issues and so on. Chance of postponement maybe…

The show must go on......however you wouldn't like to see a team hammered like the Melbourne Stars currently.

How many Port Adelaide players were unavailable for SACA to determine a 'no result' previously? How many players out makes the result compromised?

Changing before and after play will resemble a low level cricket game in open space IMO.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps