Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby ferret » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:00 pm

the smokey wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Carrington (WT) joining Adelaide. Promised top 4 batting spot apparently.


Smart move opportunity would have been limited at Torrens


Always amazes me how Clubs promise the world to young kids with parents who think their child is the next Steve Smith. To say you will bat Top 4 all year no matter what is irresponsible. What happens when he makes four ducks in a row, or he doesn’t turn up to a game because he is hungover from a big night out, or still got drugs in his system from the big party on the Saturday night before a Sat/Sun match? This will end in tears :shock:


Would have thought you could have left it at we wish him well at Adelaide, unfortunately didn't work out at WT hope he gets some of the off-field things sorted.
Rather than a bit of character assassination on the way out, and it doesn't matter if you think it's public knowledge by raising that all on the way out is ridiculous!


Bugger the "character assassination", what about all the officials and volunteers at the club he has let down by his selfish and undisciplined attitude.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby the smokey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Always amazes me how Clubs promise the world to young kids with parents who think their child is the next Steve Smith. To say you will bat Top 4 all year no matter what is irresponsible. What happens when he makes four ducks in a row, or he doesn’t turn up to a game because he is hungover from a big night out, or still got drugs in his system from the big party on the Saturday night before a Sat/Sun match? This will end in tears :shock:[/quote]

Would have thought you could have left it at we wish him well at Adelaide, unfortunately didn't work out at WT hope he gets some of the off-field things sorted.
Rather than a bit of character assassination on the way out, and it doesn't matter if you think it's public knowledge by raising that all on the way out is ridiculous![/quote]

Bugger the "character assassination", what about all the officials and volunteers at the club he has let down by his selfish and undisciplined attitude.[/quote]

Yea and you have to feel for them but everyone at some stage has put time and effort in and been let down at some point. All im saying is when something like this occurs it's better to bite your tongue, suck it up and wish the other well. There's a lot going on in a lot of people's lives that is the cause of a lot of things and someone who should know better jumping on a public forum and spraying someone might not be the best way to go about it.
the smokey
Rookie
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Shark_Hunter » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:11 pm

the smokey wrote:Always amazes me how Clubs promise the world to young kids with parents who think their child is the next Steve Smith. To say you will bat Top 4 all year no matter what is irresponsible. What happens when he makes four ducks in a row, or he doesn’t turn up to a game because he is hungover from a big night out, or still got drugs in his system from the big party on the Saturday night before a Sat/Sun match? This will end in tears :shock:


Would have thought you could have left it at we wish him well at Adelaide, unfortunately didn't work out at WT hope he gets some of the off-field things sorted.
Rather than a bit of character assassination on the way out, and it doesn't matter if you think it's public knowledge by raising that all on the way out is ridiculous![/quote]

Bugger the "character assassination", what about all the officials and volunteers at the club he has let down by his selfish and undisciplined attitude.[/quote]

Yea and you have to feel for them but everyone at some stage has put time and effort in and been let down at some point. All im saying is when something like this occurs it's better to bite your tongue, suck it up and wish the other well. There's a lot going on in a lot of people's lives that is the cause of a lot of things and someone who should know better jumping on a public forum and spraying someone might not be the best way to go about it.[/quote]

Have to agree, lots of people feeling horribly let down given how much time was put into trying to help this player and the family, but better to just let it go and keep it within the club. Hope he can pull it together and fulfil his potential, of which there is plenty - WT will still have had ample influence on his development.

WT has had several players they have developed, that chose to leave over the past 5-10 years following similar promises from other clubs, but have never compromised in making players earn their spot. IMO that should be respected.
User avatar
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 pm
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:29 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Buckingham a confirmed signing for the Eags. Coming from grade club Footscray and was part of Victoria's emerging players squad.
Chatting to him, chose WT because of the first-class training facilities and coaching, positive and welcoming club culture and hard-working volunteer officials who went the extra yard to get him. Will also get plenty of bowling with the quick bowling stocks a bit thin at WT with Spencer Johnson the only first grade regular at present.


Buckingham had 11 clubs ring him (not sure which two didn’t :shock: ), with Weaver from TTG and Sturt the keenest, but as Wedgetail mentioned above he chose WT for those reasons.

As for a few tongue in cheek digs calling us Uni etc, should be pointed out we have chased nobody besides Buckingham, the others have all come to us. We have had to say no to three of them as could not fit them in!

McAndrew the main one, he was keen to bat four for whoever he plays for, and although we tried to convince him all our star batters would hardly ever be all available at the same time, he has ended up at Woodville. He will bat four there, and their bowling will be very strong with him, Sayers, Turley and Pinson.

Eags - you guys may have dodged a bullet here with McAndrew. I've heard around the traps the guy is an absolute A grade d...head. Word has it he's been less than impressive in the internal trials as most of his deliveries are in his half of the wicket! I believe NSW were not unhappy in seeing the back of him. Great due diligence by the recruiting staff!!.
Minimum Chips
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Buckingham a confirmed signing for the Eags. Coming from grade club Footscray and was part of Victoria's emerging players squad.
Chatting to him, chose WT because of the first-class training facilities and coaching, positive and welcoming club culture and hard-working volunteer officials who went the extra yard to get him. Will also get plenty of bowling with the quick bowling stocks a bit thin at WT with Spencer Johnson the only first grade regular at present.


Buckingham had 11 clubs ring him (not sure which two didn’t :shock: ), with Weaver from TTG and Sturt the keenest, but as Wedgetail mentioned above he chose WT for those reasons.

As for a few tongue in cheek digs calling us Uni etc, should be pointed out we have chased nobody besides Buckingham, the others have all come to us. We have had to say no to three of them as could not fit them in!

McAndrew the main one, he was keen to bat four for whoever he plays for, and although we tried to convince him all our star batters would hardly ever be all available at the same time, he has ended up at Woodville. He will bat four there, and their bowling will be very strong with him, Sayers, Turley and Pinson.

Eags - you guys may have dodged a bullet here with McAndrew. I've heard around the traps the guy is an absolute A grade d...head. Word has it he's been less than impressive in the internal trials as most of his deliveries are in his half of the wicket! I believe NSW were not unhappy in seeing the back of him. Great due diligence by the recruiting staff!!.


Heard similar from our boys, seems like a bit of a knob! The rest of them seem like good blokes though apparently.

20/20 program on My Cricket now. Interesting the six teams with Byes all play each other in the final round, like that idea as the premiership table was always compromised. Pity cant be done for One day comp also :shock:
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 316 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Buckingham a confirmed signing for the Eags. Coming from grade club Footscray and was part of Victoria's emerging players squad.
Chatting to him, chose WT because of the first-class training facilities and coaching, positive and welcoming club culture and hard-working volunteer officials who went the extra yard to get him. Will also get plenty of bowling with the quick bowling stocks a bit thin at WT with Spencer Johnson the only first grade regular at present.


Buckingham had 11 clubs ring him (not sure which two didn’t :shock: ), with Weaver from TTG and Sturt the keenest, but as Wedgetail mentioned above he chose WT for those reasons.

As for a few tongue in cheek digs calling us Uni etc, should be pointed out we have chased nobody besides Buckingham, the others have all come to us. We have had to say no to three of them as could not fit them in!

McAndrew the main one, he was keen to bat four for whoever he plays for, and although we tried to convince him all our star batters would hardly ever be all available at the same time, he has ended up at Woodville. He will bat four there, and their bowling will be very strong with him, Sayers, Turley and Pinson.

Eags - you guys may have dodged a bullet here with McAndrew. I've heard around the traps the guy is an absolute A grade d...head. Word has it he's been less than impressive in the internal trials as most of his deliveries are in his half of the wicket! I believe NSW were not unhappy in seeing the back of him. Great due diligence by the recruiting staff!!.


Heard similar from our boys, seems like a bit of a knob! The rest of them seem like good blokes though apparently.

20/20 program on My Cricket now. Interesting the six teams with Byes all play each other in the final round, like that idea as the premiership table was always compromised. Pity cant be done for One day comp also :shock:


:lol: Of course he is. Now that he has chosen Woodville.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2761
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:17 pm
Has liked: 679 times
Been liked: 256 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:43 pm

the smokey wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
maxi wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Carrington (WT) joining Adelaide. Promised top 4 batting spot apparently.


Smart move opportunity would have been limited at Torrens


Always amazes me how Clubs promise the world to young kids with parents who think their child is the next Steve Smith. To say you will bat Top 4 all year no matter what is irresponsible. What happens when he makes four ducks in a row, or he doesn’t turn up to a game because he is hungover from a big night out, or still got drugs in his system from the big party on the Saturday night before a Sat/Sun match? This will end in tears :shock:


Would have thought you could have left it at we wish him well at Adelaide, unfortunately didn't work out at WT hope he gets some of the off-field things sorted.
Rather than a bit of character assassination on the way out, and it doesn't matter if you think it's public knowledge by raising that all on the way out is ridiculous!


I do hope he can sort himself out. He has the potential to be a really good player... but needs an 'ego check' at times.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 228 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Shark_Hunter » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Big opportunity for a number of 1st Grade T20 matches to be screened on Kayo leading into Strikers matches. Clubs being asked to contribute to the cost apparently. Sounds like a great opportunity to grow the profile but hearing some clubs not happy with having to pay? Can't understand why you would knock it back!
User avatar
Shark_Hunter
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 pm
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:56 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:Big opportunity for a number of 1st Grade T20 matches to be screened on Kayo leading into Strikers matches. Clubs being asked to contribute to the cost apparently. Sounds like a great opportunity to grow the profile but hearing some clubs not happy with having to pay? Can't understand why you would knock it back!

Any idea on amounts?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 193 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 pm

What’s the story with the T20 comp in Brisbane?
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 328 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby wedgetail » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:18 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Shark_Hunter wrote:Big opportunity for a number of 1st Grade T20 matches to be screened on Kayo leading into Strikers matches. Clubs being asked to contribute to the cost apparently. Sounds like a great opportunity to grow the profile but hearing some clubs not happy with having to pay? Can't understand why you would knock it back!

Any idea on amounts?


$1500 per club
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: The Eagle Eye over Oval Ave
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:06 pm

Shark_Hunter wrote:Big opportunity for a number of 1st Grade T20 matches to be screened on Kayo leading into Strikers matches. Clubs being asked to contribute to the cost apparently. Sounds like a great opportunity to grow the profile but hearing some clubs not happy with having to pay? Can't understand why you would knock it back!


They were showing some of the game on Kayo Freebie on the weekend from the queensland premier cricket
Sturt Premiers 18s, Reserves & League 2017
#sturtfactory2017
User avatar
Bluedemon
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Goodwood
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:30 pm

With pre-season training well underway, apart from the Redbacks recruits deciding on there local PC club has there been much movement between clubs? outside of
Sayers / Cooper to Peckers
Carrington to Buffs
W.Forster to Pt A
Worden back to Gullies?
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Not movement between clubs but Patrick Page back to TTG I believe
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 193 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: limb, whitepointers and 3 guests