Same coloured strip.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Same coloured strip.

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:06 pm

I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on how they would react to a new club joining their association and insisting on wearing the same coloured strip as one of the teams already in the comp.
Ripd.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Same coloured strip.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on how they would react to a new club joining their association and insisting on wearing the same coloured strip as one of the teams already in the comp.
Ripd.

White?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Dirko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Bone ?
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Waikerie annoying you again?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Its in the constitution that there colours are white red and black. I dont see what the problem is when Berri CC are red and blue.
Ralph Wiggum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Its in the constitution that there colours are white red and black. I dont see what the problem is when Berri CC are red and blue.

So you dont see a problem with wearing the same coloured hat?
I'm interested in some outside views on this one.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm

An outside perspective: it reeks of obstinance on behalf of two clubs that don't really like each other.

A) The original club doesn't like being challenged, due to its all conquering success over the past couple of decades, and reacts angrily when this occurs.
B) The other club enjoys stirring the pot, often doing so deliberately, and also doesn't want to be told what to do.

The person commenting on this has seen plenty of actions from both clubs over the years to know there are elements of truth in those previous statements and just wishes his former club would get off its arse and challenge these two clubs again. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:An outside perspective: it reeks of obstinance on behalf of two clubs that don't really like each other.

A) The original club doesn't like being challenged, due to its all conquering success over the past couple of decades, and reacts angrily when this occurs.
B) The other club enjoys stirring the pot, often doing so deliberately, and also doesn't want to be told what to do.

The person commenting on this has seen plenty of actions from both clubs over the years to know there are elements of truth in those previous statements and just wishes his former club would get off its arse and challenge these two clubs again. ;)

One club has been around for near on 90 years wearing the red cap.
The other club has been around for a hell of a long time wearing the black cap, then all of a sudden decide that they are going to don a red cap. :shock:
Could you imagine this happening in football?
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby smac » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Why is it an issue? Do both teams field at the same time?
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CoverKing » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:14 pm

smac wrote:Why is it an issue? Do both teams field at the same time?

I was thinking the same thig smac! Its a hat. Who cares!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

there is 5 teams out of 14 in the B&LCA that have green and gold as there colours, all wananbe australian cricketers i guess :lol:
dont see the problem either, what if say one club is black and yellow and one is black and red and they bothe wear black, who cares
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 pm

daysofourlives wrote:there is 5 teams out of 14 in the B&LCA that have green and gold as there colours, all wananbe australian cricketers i guess :lol:
dont see the problem either, what if say one club is black and yellow and one is black and red and they bothe wear black, who cares

Maybe I'm out of step, but I would have thought it goes to the heart of your clubs identity. Why would cricket be any different to any other sport?
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:there is 5 teams out of 14 in the B&LCA that have green and gold as there colours, all wananbe australian cricketers i guess :lol:

Maybe I'm out of step, but I would have thought it goes to the heart of your clubs identity. Why would cricket be any different to any other sport?

Works in grade cricket, Adelaide & Southern Districts wear red caps and helmets, Sturt, East Torrens, West Torrens & Northern Districts all wear blue caps and helmets, Prospect and TTG all were Maroon on their scones and some of these clubs have been around 100 + years
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Guess your answer is Berri should just get over it and move on
Ralph Wiggum
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Guess your answer is Berri should just get over it and move on

Fair call that. Still can't help thinking that there could have been different options taken in the circumstances though. ;)
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:39 am

heater31 wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Works in grade cricket, Adelaide & Southern Districts wear red caps and helmets, Sturt, East Torrens, West Torrens & Northern Districts all wear blue caps and helmets, Prospect and TTG all were Maroon on their scones and some of these clubs have been around 100 + years

Thats a thirteen club comp though, not a four team comp like we have.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby skywalker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on how they would react to a new club joining their association and insisting on wearing the same coloured strip as one of the teams already in the comp.
Ripd.

Its a non issue... this isn't footy. Its white, off white, bone, ivory, puce or beige!
I wanna grow up to be Chad Vader
skywalker
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby smac » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:

Thats a thirteen club comp though, not a four team comp like we have.

Sounds like you can't be too picky about what anyone wears then!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Ripd.

The way all country summer sports are going, any new team is a good thing. Worrying about colours is getting rather petty. Just be thankful that you have sides willing to join your comp rather than pulling out of it.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I know i got pissed off when I played footy and the opposition had the same colour football boots. ;)

Red cap, Black cap, who gives a shit.

Why dont you nickname yourselves the 'real reds' to differentiate between the two?
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps