Barossa & Light Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby james07 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:28 pm

jolly joker wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:
james07 wrote:big talk around town is Boh Wall is getting chased by several clubs, not too sure how ango can fot in the two best keepers in the comp into one side, maybe they can swap gloves after each over and do an end each.

I am sure Burgess Snr will be more than happy to take up his gully spot again if it was to secure B. Wall to the club. definitely would help he batting depth at Angaston this year along with the return of a couple top order Batsmen backhome.

Think you will find there is optimism that Wall will play for Angaston, indeed after speaking with him, think it likely.

i wish ango all the best in securing boh but your creditability isnt much on this forum.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Duke » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Heard at the Bushmans last night that a Gawler club has thrown the kitchen sink at one of the Burgess boys to coach. Couldn't get close enough to hear which sibling they were referring to?
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

The Duke wrote:Heard at the Bushmans last night that a Gawler club has thrown the kitchen sink at one of the Burgess boys to coach. Couldn't get close enough to hear which sibling they were referring to?

That wouldnt be the same Gawler club that has offered up a fair bit of coin for a Sandy lad to go over and coach them is it?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby norm11 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Yea it would be Gawler centrals and I would say it would be ben (no offense scud) they are digging deep to find a coach. Surprisingly enough I haven't had a call yet
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

norm11 wrote:Yea it would be Gawler centrals and I would say it would be ben (no offense scud) they are digging deep to find a coach. Surprisingly enough I haven't had a call yet

They havnt got enough maccas vouchers to pay you norm :lol:
What happened to the old coach?
Jim05
Coach

Postby james07 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 am

Jim05 wrote:
norm11 wrote:Yea it would be Gawler centrals and I would say it would be ben (no offense scud) they are digging deep to find a coach. Surprisingly enough I haven't had a call yet

Got moved on again before the club went broke
james07
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm

james07 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Got moved on again before the club went broke

Speaking of coaches i hear sandy no longer has one unless he is coaching 2 clubs?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Correct Days, he has quit the job. Did hear that he was looking at coaching Lydoch but dont know if he has signed yet.
Sandy is taking applicants at the moment, im sure others will let you know when the post is filled, wouldnt expect a decision for a while yet.
Jim05
Coach

Postby UNDERthePACK » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:15 am

Jim05 wrote:Correct Days, he has quit the job. Did hear that he was looking at coaching Lydoch but dont know if he has signed yet.
Sandy is taking applicants at the moment, im sure others will let you know when the post is filled, wouldnt expect a decision for a while yet.

Norm to be COACH, Captain, top order batsmen, opening bowler, fine leg fieldsman , slip fieldsman. Not much this bloke can't do. My vote is Norm for Coach
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby UNDERthePACK » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:20 am

Correct Norm, Spoke with Ben the other night and he informed me that he had been approached by Centrals to coach them. He said the main reason he didn't go was the fact that he didn't want to let his brother down and leave the club while he was captain. He also added that if he left it would mean that he would play against Angaston twice a year and this would certainly blow Brett's career bowling average out :lol: :lol:
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby james07 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:Correct Days, he has quit the job. Did hear that he was looking at coaching Lydoch but dont know if he has signed yet.

So his family commitments will restrict him from coaching sandy but not lyndoch??? but i guess they maybe an easier club to manage without too many expectations for him
james07
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm

james07 wrote:

So his family commitments will restrict him from coaching sandy but not lyndoch??? but i guess they maybe an easier club to manage without too many expectations for him

Well they do only train once a week.
Jim05
Coach

Postby The mongoose » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

UNDERthePACK wrote:

Correct Norm, Spoke with Ben the other night and he informed me that he had been approached by Centrals to coach them. He said the main reason he didn't go was the fact that he didn't want to let his brother down and leave the club while he was captain. He also added that if he left it would mean that he would play against Angaston twice a year and this would certainly blow Brett's career bowling average out :lol: :lol:

Actually under the pack i have watched angaston quite a few times in the past as i have been keeping a eye on Kurtz progress with the willow, and i must say Brett is certainly the cricketer in that family, Ben is just a cow corner hitter and as captain of Angaston i think if Ben was to play against Brett he'd work him out pretty quickly and would be probably 4 easy wickets for the quick from Ango. 4 wickets because im sure angaston would win outright so he'd have two cracks at his brother.

this is once again just my opinion.
The mongoose

Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 pm

The mongoose wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:

Actually under the pack i have watched angaston quite a few times in the past as i have been keeping a eye on Kurtz progress with the willow, and i must say Brett is certainly the cricketer in that family, Ben is just a cow corner hitter and as captain of Angaston i think if Ben was to play against Brett he'd work him out pretty quickly and would be probably 4 easy wickets for the quick from Ango. 4 wickets because im sure angaston would win outright so he'd have two cracks at his brother.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby MOHAMMAD » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 pm

The mongoose wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:

Two user names is forbidden Scud. I mean Mongoose.
Freeling for 2011 Premiership
MOHAMMAD
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby norm11 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 pm

MOHAMMAD wrote:
The mongoose wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:

Good spotting.

Two user names is forbidden Scud. I mean Mongoose.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Been liked: 53 times

Postby norm11 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Good spotting Mohammad.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5