Murray Towns Cricket Association 2010-11

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Murray Towns Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby smac » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Happy new year!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Murraylands Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Gday all. Looking forward to the new season. Whats everyones thoughts on all one day cricket this year in a grade.

Also maybe could change Murraylands Cricket Association to Murray Towns Cricket Association as thats what it is. Just a suggestion
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Murray Towns Cricket Association 2010-11

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks GWW ;)
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby been there done that » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:55 pm

i know its still early but has there been any gossip about any recruits or how teams are looking for the up coming season?
been there done that
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time

Postby been there done that » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 pm

RyderCourtney wrote:Gday all. Looking forward to the new season. Whats everyones thoughts on all one day cricket this year in a grade.

Also maybe could change Murraylands Cricket Association to Murray Towns Cricket Association as thats what it is. Just a suggestion

Is this for real in MTCA. All 1 day cricket in A grade. Anyone confirm
been there done that
Rookie

Postby BluesBrother08 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:14 am

All one day cricket now in A Grade. 50 overs per side. Was voted on at the recent AGM. As well as this Tailem Bend have now reformed and joined the competition with a B Grade and under 15's for 2010/2011.
BluesBrother08
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:49 am

RyderCourtney wrote:Gday all. Looking forward to the new season. Whats everyones thoughts on all one day cricket this year in a grade.

Personally I think its ridiculous, but life goes on....

Game times haven't changed either, so if any games go the distance, we could be playing until after 7pm, as games in the 40 over format have previously gone past 6pm...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby RyderCourtney » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:

Game times haven't changed either, so if any games go the distance, we could be playing until after 7pm, as games in the 40 over format have previously gone past 6pm...

Yeah true but cant see many games going the distance. A lot of teams struggle to bat out the 40 overs let alone 50 in the limited overs and especially with chasing scores i wouldnt have thought there will be too many problems.

On the one day cricket decision im happy to play either way. As far as the decision club wise i know its already attracted a few past players who are keen to play cricket again so i think that can only be a good thing.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby Mr_Willy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 am

RyderCourtney wrote:
Mr_Willy wrote:

Yeah true but cant see many games going the distance. A lot of teams struggle to bat out the 40 overs let alone 50 in the limited overs and especially with chasing scores i wouldnt have thought there will be too many problems.

On the one day cricket decision im happy to play either way. As far as the decision club wise i know its already attracted a few past players who are keen to play cricket again so i think that can only be a good thing.

I just always felt that it was an important part of A grade cricket, and part of the step up from B grade.....

Not many games will go the distance, I agree, but I do know even with some games not going the distance we have played past 6pm in recent years...

I think a better idea would've been to move the under 15s forward half an hour (to allow for people who coach, etc.) and start at 12.30pm...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:
RyderCourtney wrote:
Mr_Willy wrote:

I just always felt that it was an important part of A grade cricket, and part of the step up from B grade.....

Not many games will go the distance, I agree, but I do know even with some games not going the distance we have played past 6pm in recent years...

I think a better idea would've been to move the under 15s forward half an hour (to allow for people who coach, etc.) and start at 12.30pm...

Agreed that it has been an important part of A Grade cricket but times are a changing and i do beleive it was inevitable that it would all go to one day cricket at some stage.

I think the clubs have a bit of a responsibility to push over rates on a bit quicker too. In a perfect world umpires would be able to police this and warn clubs but at the end of the day if you as a club dont want to be playing till 7pm your gona push through the over that little bit quicker.

Think its a bit hard to change junior times also as they already start at 8:30am dont they. Bit hard to start them at 8 especially with the Meningie's and Mannum's games.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby been there done that » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:30 pm

i wonder in the future if the MTCA would think about programing night games if clubs that have sufficient lighting would like to look at it. 50 overs then would not be a problem then as games could start say at 3.30 or 4. any thoughts. could it be possible? only thing is all clubs dont have good lighting.
been there done that
Rookie

Postby RyderCourtney » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 am

been there done that wrote:i wonder in the future if the MTCA would think about programing night games if clubs that have sufficient lighting would like to look at it. 50 overs then would not be a problem then as games could start say at 3.30 or 4. any thoughts. could it be possible? only thing is all clubs dont have good lighting.

Beleive this was also discussed but would have to be a fair way away. Would be hard to get all 8 club home grounds to fork out the money for sufficient lights. Maybe could focus on 1 or 2 ovals and play some 'one offs' simillar to like what the footy used to do.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby RyderCourtney » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm

With only a couple of weeks to go any rumors on player movement? Been pretty quiet here
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby bullfrog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:51 am

corey night played at flinders park last week and didnt bob for karoonda first training session,boys not happy when he is/was there premiership captain
bullfrog
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby RyderCourtney » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:24 pm

bullfrog wrote:corey night played at flinders park last week and didnt bob for karoonda first training session,boys not happy when he is/was there premiership captain

Knighta will be there for sure
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby FootyWiz81 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 am

Monarto beats imps
Last edited by FootyWiz81 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FootyWiz81
Under 16s

Postby RyderCourtney » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:18 am

Meningie beat Mannum by 2 runs. Bug Edwards nearly bringing up the ton with 92
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby centrewing » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Mannum 82
Jervois 3/94

Great win for the Bluds
centrewing

Postby bullfrog » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 am

nights played at flinders park again,i think the malle magpies have lost the little plump duckling
bullfrog
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby dragonsphere » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 am

i think u will find bullfrog that nights didnt play for anyone last weekend and will be lining up for the magpies this weekend!
dragonsphere
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Border Downs-Tintinara

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps