Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

With support from Country Living Homes and country cricket associations, SACA is excited to launch a state-wide country Twenty20 cricket competition in season 2010/11.

To be known as the Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Champions Cup, one club from each of the eight regional zones will compete in a knock out competition with the grand final scheduled to be played on Adelaide Oval on Sunday 6 February 2011.

The regional zones represented in this competition are;
Eyre Peninsula
Fleurieu and Districts (Gold)
Fleurieu and Districts (Red)
Mid North
Murray Districts
South East
Upper North
Yorke Peninsula

Each regional zone is required to identify their local club team that will represent them in this competition. A variety of initiatives have been adopted by regional zones including last season’s premier teams from each of the associations within their zone playing a knock out round to determine the team to represent them.

Semifinal rounds have been scheduled at Port Pirie (for teams from Eyre Peninsula, Mid North, Upper North and Yorke Peninsula) and Murray Bridge (Fleurieu and Districts – Gold and Red, Murray Districts and South East). The semifinal rounds will be played on Sunday 21 November 2010.

The grand final of the Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Champions Cup will not only provide two country teams with the opportunity to play on Adelaide Oval, arguably the finest cricket ground in the world, but also the chance for one of the teams to represent country cricket against a metropolitan community club in a match to decide the State-wide Twenty20 Champions for 2010/11. This match will also be played on Sunday 6 February and will provide an exciting conclusion to the Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Champions Cup.

The SACA gratefully acknowledges the support provided by Mark Ravenscroft and Country Living Homes.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

Postby Jugs » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Ravo has been a strong ambassador for Country Cricket in this state with his work with Moonta and Yorke Peninsula. Kudos to him.

But think the comp should get Lobethal to play Meadows and be done with it, as they would be the strongest Country Cricket teams by a long way.
Jugs
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Jugs wrote:Ravo has been a strong ambassador for Country Cricket in this state with his work with Moonta and Yorke Peninsula. Kudos to him.

But think the comp should get Lobethal to play Meadows and be done with it, as they would be the strongest Country Cricket teams by a long way.

Hopefully there is a couple of surprises in there Jugs. ;)
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 am

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
Jugs wrote:Ravo has been a strong ambassador for Country Cricket in this state with his work with Moonta and Yorke Peninsula. Kudos to him.

Hopefully there is a couple of surprises in there Jugs. ;)

Lobey may have won the last 7 flags in the TVCA, but finished last when the comp played a 20-20 comp a couple of years ago. Their side is more conducive to 2 day cricket.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:30 am

I have heard that the Semi final round of the T20 in Murray Bridge is on hard wicket. Can anyone confirm this?
Pretty disappointing if that is the case.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Not Scared » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 am

Ripdschitlaz wrote:I have heard that the Semi final round of the T20 in Murray Bridge is on hard wicket. Can anyone confirm this?

If that is true that is absolute rubbish. How could you have a fair dinkum contest between some of the best cricket sides in country SA, for the right to play on Adelaide Oval, and play it on a hard wicket? Surely you are incorrect Rippa?
Don't be scared. Now is not the time!
Not Scared
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:45 am

Not Scared wrote:
Ripdschitlaz wrote:I have heard that the Semi final round of the T20 in Murray Bridge is on hard wicket. Can anyone confirm this?

If that is true that is absolute rubbish. How could you have a fair dinkum contest between some of the best cricket sides in country SA, for the right to play on Adelaide Oval, and play it on a hard wicket? Surely you are incorrect Rippa?

I bloody well hope so.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby PPLions » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Port Pirie side Wandearah just defeated West Augusta easily in the first of today's games on the turf at Port Oval in Port Pirie
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 pm

PPLions wrote:Port Pirie side Wandearah just defeated West Augusta easily in the first of today's games on the turf at Port Oval in Port Pirie

Berri are through after defeating Waikerie gold on turf at Berri.
Boys are dismayed at having to play the next round on hard wicket though. :shock: Would rather travel further for the chance to play on turf.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:31 pm

The boys from sandy creek are looking forward to playing their respective games this sunday. Should be a cracker of a tournament
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Super Fred » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 am

From what i heard at training last night Noarlunga Vs Encounter Bay venue TBA this coming Sunday also
Super Fred
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Not Scared » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Ripdschitlaz wrote:
PPLions wrote:Port Pirie side Wandearah just defeated West Augusta easily in the first of today's games on the turf at Port Oval in Port Pirie

Berri are through after defeating Waikerie gold on turf at Berri.
Boys are dismayed at having to play the next round on hard wicket though. :shock: Would rather travel further for the chance to play on turf.

I'll second that. A comp between some of the best country sides in SA and it's going to be played on hard wicket. A bit of a joke really, particularly for the comps that play on turf all year then play hard wicket in this comp!
Don't be scared. Now is not the time!
Not Scared
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens when two teams from Mid North rock up to Pirie on the 21st. The side that legitimately won the qualifying round in Clare on Sunday or the Barossa side that was invited straight to the semis (with a cheque for $500 already paid). The Barossa nominated Sandy Creek to represent the competition (sadly they didnt make it through) but Nuriootpa have already booked their bus for the trip to Pirie, hmmmmmmm interesting
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby The Angry Bull » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 pm

probably because nuri is a better side then sandy creek... in all forms.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:34 am

The Angry Bull wrote:probably because nuri is a better side then sandy creek... in all forms.

So is nuri the best team in the mid north comp? The issue is nuri was gifted the right to enter the semis without playing qualifying rounds. If the barossa comp felt nuri were the better side to represent them then they should have been there at Clare instead of Sandy. Its a bit harsh on Clare, who rightfully won the day to have to go through nuri to get any further. Ill be watching closely
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:44 am

Sorry donkey nuri v clare at kapunda sunday. With rain forecast saddleworth pencilled in as backup oval.
Believe next year will have t20 comp to find genuine rep for blca
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:probably because nuri is a better side then sandy creek... in all forms.

So is nuri the best team in the mid north comp? The issue is nuri was gifted the right to enter the semis without playing qualifying rounds. If the barossa comp felt nuri were the better side to represent them then they should have been there at Clare instead of Sandy. Its a bit harsh on Clare, who rightfully won the day to have to go through nuri to get any further. Ill be watching closely

nuri is the best team in the mid north, that is obviously the thought of the regional council (or Ravo) when selecting the sides for the comp... which is fair enough, you want the best sides competing plus from memory didnt sandy lose thier t20 game to ango??? so why didnt GC, tanunda or ango get the chance to compete over you????

I dont mean to have a go donk, just my op.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

The Angry Bull wrote:
cokadonkeytoo wrote:

nuri is the best team in the mid north, that is obviously the thought of the regional council (or Ravo) when selecting the sides for the comp... which is fair enough, you want the best sides competing plus from memory didnt sandy lose thier t20 game to ango??? so why didnt GC, tanunda or ango get the chance to compete over you????

just heard from a delgate... saca's decision to send the two day premier apparently!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:
cokadonkeytoo wrote:

just heard from a delgate... saca's decision to send the two day premier apparently!

I wouldn't mind hearing from a delegate on their reason for playing the next round on hard wicket.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh get over it Rip.
How many country comps actually play on turf?
We're damned lucky here.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps