Northern Areas Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Northern Areas Cricket Association

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:How's the midget bowler running around in circles like a sheep dog :P

I counted 3 skips into high 5's before he went off screen heading towards the umpire who Im guessing got one also :lol: :lol:

Congrats mate
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Round 1 this week.

A fair bit of uncertainty about this comp.

Bundaleer rumoured to be struggling for players and may pull out before round 1.

Pekina also struggling for players due to the Bowmans selling up and moving to Adelaide, may pull the pin as well.

Spalding will have a side but a long list of retirements, city players not going on after the flag this year means Spalding will be a very young side. Would expect them to slip down the order a bit.

Top 4 almost certain to be Orrorro, Burra, Booleroo, Bel-Man. Orroroo to win the flag if the Dignan boys play all year but i reckon footy will prevent that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:13 pm

Sounds like its going about as well as the Pirie comp. 3 team "A grade" comp
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:35 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Sounds like its going about as well as the Pirie comp. 3 team "A grade" comp

Yeah had 8 teams but could be down to 6 for this year with both clubs finishing up no chance to return again.

There is the rocky river league that borders us with a 5 team comp so I would suggest we would merge at some point.
whufc
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:48 pm

whufc wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Sounds like its going about as well as the Pirie comp. 3 team "A grade" comp

Yeah had 8 teams but could be down to 6 for this year with both clubs finishing up no chance to return again.

There is the rocky river league that borders us with a 5 team comp so I would suggest we would merge at some point.

Story I was told, Rocky River wanted to join the Pirie comp last year and were told no....this year Pirie goes to Rocky River and naturally they get knocked back.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:40 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
whufc wrote:

Story I was told, Rocky River wanted to join the Pirie comp last year and were told no....this year Pirie goes to Rocky River and naturally they get knocked back.

Yeah I would think Northern areas would have them at the drop of a hat

Redhill and Spalding get along real well given we play together for football so there is two votes if clubs had to vote on it
whufc
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps