ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby sportsfan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:10 pm

whitepointers wrote:WYC will win the Section 1 Premiership in a canter this season

Big call 3 rounds in. Agree that they will certainly take some beating. Reckon the reigning champs are travelling pretty well also. Both tough to beat at home. Still need to play best cricket in March though!
sportsfan

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby JapsEye » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Cove A grade would have to be the worst section 1 side in ASCA history.
Getting rolled for 95 against Porties is truly embarrassing!
JapsEye
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Farva » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:33 am

JapsEye wrote:Cove A grade would have to be the worst section 1 side in ASCA history.

Where does that put the 2 teams that Cove have beaten already this year then. They had a pretty bad day, which has happened far too often over the last few years but to say the worst Section 1 team ever is a big call.
Farva
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:03 am

Farva wrote:
JapsEye wrote:Cove A grade would have to be the worst section 1 side in ASCA history.

Where does that put the 2 teams that Cove have beaten already this year then. They had a pretty bad day, which has happened far too often over the last few years but to say the worst Section 1 team ever is a big call.

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whitepointers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I think you'll find the bowler who took 6 wickets is no mug with the ball.
Having 2 years off he is a bit underdone at the moment and will only get better.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Keefy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am

Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will pad up in a charity game to honour former SACA colleague

Former SA cricket stars Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will join Lauren Ebsary in raising money for charity in a special cricket game against the Coromandel Ramblers

FORMER South Australian cricketing greats Tim Nielsen and Greg Blewett will join current WBBL star Lauren Ebsary in raising money for charity by fielding anywhere but mid-off in a special event T20 match.

Tomorrow, (THURS), the Coromandel Ramblers Cricket Club is hosting a special fundraising match to continue the legacy of friend and former SACA colleague, Ashley Bryant.

Bryant, an avid cricket volunteer, passed away suddenly in August 2017, leaving a hole in the local cricket community, nowhere more so than within his beloved Coromandel Ramblers.

Nielsen, Blewett and Ebsary will be part of the SACA Social Club team, which will take on the Ramblers in a T20 game at Weymouth Oval, Coromandel Valley, from 5.15pm.

Bryant was passionate about making cricket accessible to all young people, regardless of ability or background and in his memory, the Ramblers established the Ashley Bryant Memorial Fund to offer the Woolworths Cricket Blast free of charge in term one.

Thursday’s fundraising match is free for all to attend, with money raised from raffles, food and drinks on the night going to the Ashley Bryant Memorial Fund, so it can continue to offer the Junior Blasters program at no cost for kids aged five to seven.

Former Australian coach Nielsen said he hadn’t played a cricket match for about two years, and joked that he was hoping to field at mid-off to keep out of harm’s way.

“But I expect we’ll have to keep and bat and bowl and do all of those things,” he said.

“It’s a great cause and I’m just looking forward to the day and getting out there to support the Coromandel Ramblers Cricket Club and be able to have a positive impact around the place.”

Nielsen, who played 101 games as a wicketkeeper/batsman for South Australia, said one of the great things about sport was its power to bring people together.

He said being able to contribute to such a great cause — by helping to produce the next generation of Australian cricketers — was a wonderful way to honour Bryant’s memory.

** If you feel that you may need support, contact Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 131 114. **
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Moe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Cove's side, like most Section 1 teams, would smash all others on their"day".
Looks like they had a bad day.

Bloody good team IMHO.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby zer0day9 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Farva wrote:

Used to seeing 95 next to your name at golf Farva, not your teams score from the arvo :D
zer0day9
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby caleb777 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 pm

sportsfan wrote:
whitepointers wrote:WYC will win the Section 1 Premiership in a canter this season

Big call 3 rounds in. Agree that they will certainly take some beating. Reckon the reigning champs are travelling pretty well also. Both tough to beat at home. Still need to play best cricket in March though!

Big call looking more like a dumb call IMO after the weekends result.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby whitepointers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:02 am

caleb777 wrote:
sportsfan wrote:

Good win by Ramblers for sure.
Looks like they outplayed WYC.

There's no doubt that those 2 teams are head and shoulders above the rest but anything can happen in finals.
My "dumb call" may not be so "dumb" in March.

I guess we will quote each other come the finals series depending on who wins :-)
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby whitepointers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:08 am

Interesting the recent forfeit of Kenilworths A Grade.
Apparently many have walked and gone elsewhere, making their B Grade the top side now.
I wonder if the photos at tea time reporting their team with names next to photos have had an impact, or the negative points before the season started was the reason.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby caleb777 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am

whitepointers wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
sportsfan wrote:

Good win by Ramblers for sure.
Looks like they outplayed WYC.

There's no doubt that those 2 teams are head and shoulders above the rest but anything can happen in finals.
My "dumb call" may not be so "dumb" in March.

I guess we will quote each other come the finals series depending on who wins :-)

It was a dumb call when you made it because what were you basing it on? Ramblers have returned every player from last year and you say WYC would win it in a canter? I agree funny things happen in March but im just curious as to why you think WYC were going to win it in a canter?
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby whitepointers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

I based it on the fact WYC were smashing everyone at the time.
It wasn't being disrespectful to Ramblers who are their only threat and could very well win it.
Comments like mine are the reason I don't gamble, cause I am hopeless at picking winners.
I guess we shall see what happens.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Arch44 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 am

whitepointers wrote:Interesting the recent forfeit of Kenilworths A Grade.
Apparently many have walked and gone elsewhere, making their B Grade the top side now.
I wonder if the photos at tea time reporting their team with names next to photos have had an impact, or the negative points before the season started was the reason.

Couple of retirements in the off season was the catalyst, then a couple of others decided not to go on after 1st couple of rounds and ended up else where.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Arch44 wrote:
whitepointers wrote:Interesting the recent forfeit of Kenilworths A Grade.

Couple of retirements in the off season was the catalyst, then a couple of others decided not to go on after 1st couple of rounds and ended up else where.

Doesn't seem like there's a bright future for such an old club, does it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Looking at the ladder and I see Plympton are bottom... Could be the first time in the history of the club they could be relegated :shock: :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Looking at the ladder and I see Plympton are bottom... Could be the first time in the history of the club they could be relegated :shock: :shock:

Looks like they chased down 80 on the weekend to avoid relegation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Looking at the ladder and I see Plympton are bottom... Could be the first time in the history of the club they could be relegated :shock: :shock:

correct... massive relief... Huge embarrassment if relegated imo
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

correct... massive relief... Huge embarrassment if relegated imo

Yeah, that's what I felt.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Top two teams have some runs to make tomorrow
Dave Warner will be missed!