ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13 am

I am probably in the minority here, but I would have like to have played this week. I don't see it any different to playing on the weekend just gone. Nothing has changed really.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 am

Arch44 wrote:I am probably in the minority here, but I would have like to have played this week. I don't see it any different to playing on the weekend just gone. Nothing has changed really.

Have to agree with this. Non contact sport, out in the open. We are allowed to play golf still (thank god, or would be going stir crazy), and they recommend that is good for your mental health!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Arch44 wrote:I am probably in the minority here, but I would have like to have played this week. I don't see it any different to playing on the weekend just gone. Nothing has changed really.

Have to agree with this. Non contact sport, out in the open. We are allowed to play golf still (thank god, or would be going stir crazy), and they recommend that is good for your mental health!

It is utterly ridiculous that all cricket has been cancelled and local football has been postponed but the AFL is still going ahead, how are they more immune than anyone else?
North Haven is hosting a SAPSASA cricket competition this week, I'm surprised that went ahead.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

It is utterly ridiculous that all cricket has been cancelled and local football has been postponed but the AFL is still going ahead, how are they more immune than anyone else?
North Haven is hosting a SAPSASA cricket competition this week, I'm surprised that went ahead.

I think Cricket Australia over reacted and of course everyone was going to follow suit. Kids are still in school (which I agree with) so I guess no reason for SAPSASA to not continue.
There was no way we were going to get more than 500 at our semi final this week in section 8 :lol:
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Arch44 wrote: There was no way we were going to get more than 500 at our semi final this week in section 8 :lol:

Happy Valley said you'd be lucky to get half a team :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote: There was no way we were going to get more than 500 at our semi final this week in section 8 :lol:

Happy Valley said you'd be lucky to get half a team :P

:lol: on time anyway.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:50 pm

With footy likely to go into October/November how many clubs does that affect in our comp? We may end up with a one day comp to play everyone twice.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Arch44 wrote:With footy likely to go into October/November.

Still think June 13 looks a good chance for winter sport to resume. Unless comps elect to play 18 round season, which is highly unlikely, I cant see the footy seasons going deep into October and certainly not into November.

I reckon at worst, 10th October football will conclude games.. at worst.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:With footy likely to go into October/November.

Still think June 13 looks a good chance for winter sport to resume. Unless comps elect to play 18 round season, which is highly unlikely, I cant see the footy seasons going deep into October and certainly not into November.

I reckon at worst, 10th October football will conclude games.. at worst.

Hoping you are right Bedgehead
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:19 am

RIP CC (Craig Coretti)
Born 20th May 1981
Passed away 26th January 2021 at 2:40pm
Aged 39.

It is with a heavy heart that I advise our much loved member of the Keswick family has died from the aneurysm he suffered 3 weeks ago.
In true CC style he fought hard, would not give in and defied the odds for a long time. He fought as hard as his beloved tigers in both the AFL and SANFL did.

To say our Keswick community is devastated would not do it justice. When you think of Keswick you instantly think of CC. He came to the club as a 12 year old searching with Vic for a family and did they find one? Since he debuted at 12 he has barely missed a game, never missed a club function and gave everything he had to our club and last year he became the youngest player to reach 300 games.

Please read his 300th tributes last year (which I'll repost) and you'll get the full understanding of the love, not just from Keswick but the whole cricket community, has of him. He was loved by everyone.

His contribution to Keswick was still going to this day, stronger than ever. Even though he gave up the captaincy after 3 years with the Bs he was still contributing strongly. In game two he took his 500th wicket and up until Chistmas was leading the wickets for our B grade side with his massive in swingers.

One of his last efforts was against Morphies. With us staring down the barrel he came out at number 11 and with the As finished and watching he came out with 11 to win. As the pressure built, with 7 balls remaining and the association opening bowler charging in he smashed him through mid on for a 4 to leave Greg needing 2 off the last over which he smashed through point.

He was also still coaching the juniors this year, having been with most of the juniors since under 10's, with them now being in under 14's. He'd get up every Sunday morning with his ice coffee and coach and umpire the whole game and nothing gave him more joy than being involved with them and his ultimate plan was to have them coming through the Ds when they were old enough and for him to be playing in the side, passing on his vast experience.

CC is what a club is built around. He started as a junior, never left the club and gave so much in return.
It will never feel the same again for all of us walking out to play cricket as he was always there, supporting, umpiring and having a laugh.

I'm sure we'll all miss when he'd get drunk and would be telling us how much he loved you, giving you a kiss or as the B grade players knew, when he captained, his drunken 2.30 - 4am on Saturday night text messages telling the players how much he loved them. (We learnt to keep our phones on silent).

In this time we should all acknowledge Vic and words could never take his pain away. He raised Cc as a single dad, drove him to every one of his 308 games and watched every ball. He never missed a second. He drove him to every juniors game that he coached and was just the perfect dad. Cc was lucky to have him in his life and without Vic he would not have been half the man he became.

The great thing about CC was the love he has from people and everyone feels they are his best friends and want to be. He gave so much and was an extended family to so many people and families would take him in as one of their own. He was always respectful, polite and loved being included and looking after people. He especially loved the Mackay’s, Verco’s, Brake’s and Morris’ families and was a big part of ours as well as many others.
He was not only a big part of Keswick, he was involved in country carnival sides every year, Camden beach indoor sports centre, super league sides, indoor cricket sides, always a paying member of Glenelg football club (if you have not heard he drank with Gary Sweet the whole day at Glenelg premiership, Morphett Arms social clubs and many more I wouldn't know about.

CC I wish you knew how much we all miss you and love you. Vic, you are included in this and will always be a member of our Keswick family. I can't say I can drink a Coopers for you but maybe your 2am Vodka sunrises. We miss you Cc and there is an emptiness now at Keswick that cannot be replaced when we take the field again, especially in the Bs where you and Vic were such a huge part.

If anyone has a great CC story or tribute they'd like to write, please share. I'll be trying to share more over the next few days of any that I have.
Love always your Keswick family. You will always be a true Keswick legend. RIP Craig,(sorry Cc) (for those that know if you called him Craig he'd say you were swearing at him.) And it won't be the same not hearing your "whoop, whoop."

I'll leave ya with your favourite saying "To the Morphett." We love ya mate!

Brad Williamson
Keswick Club Secretary
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 am

Booney wrote:RIP CC (Craig Coretti)
Born 20th May 1981
Passed away 26th January 2021 at 2:40pm
Aged 39.

It is with a heavy heart that I advise our much loved member of the Keswick family has died from the aneurysm he suffered 3 weeks ago.
In true CC style he fought hard, would not give in and defied the odds for a long time. He fought as hard as his beloved tigers in both the AFL and SANFL did.

To say our Keswick community is devastated would not do it justice. When you think of Keswick you instantly think of CC. He came to the club as a 12 year old searching with Vic for a family and did they find one? Since he debuted at 12 he has barely missed a game, never missed a club function and gave everything he had to our club and last year he became the youngest player to reach 300 games.

Please read his 300th tributes last year (which I'll repost) and you'll get the full understanding of the love, not just from Keswick but the whole cricket community, has of him. He was loved by everyone.

His contribution to Keswick was still going to this day, stronger than ever. Even though he gave up the captaincy after 3 years with the Bs he was still contributing strongly. In game two he took his 500th wicket and up until Chistmas was leading the wickets for our B grade side with his massive in swingers.

One of his last efforts was against Morphies. With us staring down the barrel he came out at number 11 and with the As finished and watching he came out with 11 to win. As the pressure built, with 7 balls remaining and the association opening bowler charging in he smashed him through mid on for a 4 to leave Greg needing 2 off the last over which he smashed through point.

He was also still coaching the juniors this year, having been with most of the juniors since under 10's, with them now being in under 14's. He'd get up every Sunday morning with his ice coffee and coach and umpire the whole game and nothing gave him more joy than being involved with them and his ultimate plan was to have them coming through the Ds when they were old enough and for him to be playing in the side, passing on his vast experience.

CC is what a club is built around. He started as a junior, never left the club and gave so much in return.
It will never feel the same again for all of us walking out to play cricket as he was always there, supporting, umpiring and having a laugh.

I'm sure we'll all miss when he'd get drunk and would be telling us how much he loved you, giving you a kiss or as the B grade players knew, when he captained, his drunken 2.30 - 4am on Saturday night text messages telling the players how much he loved them. (We learnt to keep our phones on silent).

In this time we should all acknowledge Vic and words could never take his pain away. He raised Cc as a single dad, drove him to every one of his 308 games and watched every ball. He never missed a second. He drove him to every juniors game that he coached and was just the perfect dad. Cc was lucky to have him in his life and without Vic he would not have been half the man he became.

The great thing about CC was the love he has from people and everyone feels they are his best friends and want to be. He gave so much and was an extended family to so many people and families would take him in as one of their own. He was always respectful, polite and loved being included and looking after people. He especially loved the Mackay’s, Verco’s, Brake’s and Morris’ families and was a big part of ours as well as many others.
He was not only a big part of Keswick, he was involved in country carnival sides every year, Camden beach indoor sports centre, super league sides, indoor cricket sides, always a paying member of Glenelg football club (if you have not heard he drank with Gary Sweet the whole day at Glenelg premiership, Morphett Arms social clubs and many more I wouldn't know about.

CC I wish you knew how much we all miss you and love you. Vic, you are included in this and will always be a member of our Keswick family. I can't say I can drink a Coopers for you but maybe your 2am Vodka sunrises. We miss you Cc and there is an emptiness now at Keswick that cannot be replaced when we take the field again, especially in the Bs where you and Vic were such a huge part.

If anyone has a great CC story or tribute they'd like to write, please share. I'll be trying to share more over the next few days of any that I have.
Love always your Keswick family. You will always be a true Keswick legend. RIP Craig,(sorry Cc) (for those that know if you called him Craig he'd say you were swearing at him.) And it won't be the same not hearing your "whoop, whoop."

I'll leave ya with your favourite saying "To the Morphett." We love ya mate!

Brad Williamson
Keswick Club Secretary

I didn't know Craig but have been seeing tributes pop up all over my social feeds from people who'd played indoor or outdoor cricket with him. Clearly a much loved figure. Sorry for your loss and that's a really well put together piece you've posted here
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Hard to not get emotional reading that, it's a great tribute. I was made aware of CC's condition last Saturday and it's so sad to read about his passing. Hopefully we all wear black armbands on Saturday to commemorate him.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:23 am

Congratulations to Keithan Goonasagaran who set a new club record on the weekend.

Opening the batting in Western Youth Centre's C Grade in Section 9 he hit an unbeaten 255* in the sides 1/383 from 48 overs.

Congratulations Keithan, mighty effort.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Booney wrote:Congratulations to Keithan Goonasagaran who set a new club record on the weekend.

Opening the batting in Western Youth Centre's C Grade in Section 9 he hit an unbeaten 255* in the sides 1/383 from 48 overs.

Congratulations Keithan, mighty effort.

Had some bad days in the field but 1/383 would be pretty crook. 255 not that's a fair effort. Anything that beats Skinny is good to see anyways. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 am

Better luck next year to the WYCCC sides, the A grade got rolled in their Semi final by Keswick ( on a turf wicket in a hard wicket comp ) and the B's by Punjab Lions in Section III.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Go for it » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am

SENIOR COACH WANTED..........

The Morphettville Park Cricket Club is a respected & successful cricket club in the ASCA that is about to embark on its 100th year.

We currently have senior teams in sections 2, 4, 7, 9 & next season we will be adding a 5th senior team. Our junior teams compete in the South Central Junior Competition in the u10, u12, u14 & u16 levels. We also play in the girls strikers league in u12s & u16s. As a strong junior focused club we have a regular influx of juniors into our senior ranks each season.

The club’s A Grade have competed in semi-finals for the last 5 seasons straight, falling short of the main prize thus far. It is now time to capitalise on the base that has been provided.

Our Club is seeking applications for the role of Senior Playing or Non-Playing Coach for the upcoming season. Prior experience in playing and/or coaching higher levels will be highly regarded & candidates should possess good leadership and communication skills. Remuneration will be negotiable based on skills and experience.

As our club approaching its 100th year we are looking for the right person to guide its playing group for the upcoming season and beyond.

Please forward registrations of interest with coaching and/or playing history to Scott Paterson President MorphettvilleParkCricketClub@hotmail.com
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Anything happening around the traps in ASCA club land?

This used to be a pretty busy forum.

Morphy Park has good numbers at pre season training and adding a 5th side.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Moe wrote:Anything happening around the traps in ASCA club land?

I've been told a few rumours in regards to Morphy Park and Section 2.
You guys have apparently lost Fishwick to Sheidow Park but have picked up Tansell, Wegener and Debrowski from Belair. Any truth to that?
Also been told Belair will fold, Happy Valley have lost A grade players and don't want to be in Section 2, Port Noarlunga and Coro Ramblers B grade don't want to play Section 2 and with Section 3 premiers Punjab Lions moving associations runner up South Road doesn't want to come up to Section 2.

That leaves us, Morphies and Sheidow as the only locks for Section 2!
Can anyone confirm or deny these silly (or serious) rumours?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:41 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

You guys have apparently lost Fishwick to Sheidow Park but have picked up Tansell, Wegener and Debrowski from Belair. Any truth to that?
Also been told Belair will fold, Happy Valley have lost A grade players and don't want to be in Section 2, Port Noarlunga and Coro Ramblers B grade don't want to play Section 2 and with Section 3 premiers Punjab Lions moving associations runner up South Road doesn't want to come up to Section 2.

I can tell you that Fishwick is certainly playing at MP.
Belair won't fold.
Porties finished bottom I believe, so entitled to go down, but the others should remain in Section 2.
Ramblers, PN and Sheidow have good junior programs, so numbers should be coming through I would have thought.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

I can tell you that Fishwick is certainly playing at MP.
Belair won't fold.
Porties finished bottom I believe, so entitled to go down, but the others should remain in Section 2.
Ramblers, PN and Sheidow have good junior programs, so numbers should be coming through I would have thought.

Thanks for the confirmation re Fishwick.
Port Noarlunga finished 7th, not bottom, Fitzroy finished bottom.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps