ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby storyoftheyear » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 am

Moe wrote:
whitepointers wrote:
Moe wrote:It's a weird comp down in the depths of Sections 9 and 10.

One week a team forfeits, next game they make 399!

In Section 10, where I'm scratching around, Warradale are top, with 1 win, 1 loss, 1 bye, 2 forfeits against.
Down here, teams change so much game to game, it's hard to pick any form guide.

I will say though, all games I've played thus far have been played in terrific spirit, with many old heads knocking around with kids as young as 12, and it's been very enjoyable. LBW's are given, when they are there, kid's are being encouraged, and it's invaluable for their cricket journey.
I've played against, and alongside talented young ladies, and watched on as old, experienced gent's make centuries.
Good times.

One team is getting a reputation though, as a bunch of knobs.

Which team is that ?

In Section 7.. I played against a club who I have always held in high regard as being fair and enjoyable to play against, but their current Captain is just destroying that and their behaviour is a reflection of his very poor leadership.

The team mentioned is Happy Valley.
Basically gifted a position in section 10.
This team has been called out for downright cheating when umpiring.
Blatant disregard for the rules of cricket, and then apologising a week later when of course, it's way too late.

I'll call a spade a spade.

HV are sooks, got themselves dropped down a section because they "lost" so many A grade players.
Now their C grade are section 10 bullies, and the other teams despise them.

Scathing. Always good to call a spade a spade. In that light, the Glenelg ANA lads were a great bunch of guys to play against yesterday. Played a good brand of cricket, played within the spirit of the game and drove back to Hewett for a beer with us after. They've got our respect.

Heard a rumour that the entire Plympton side got reported yesterday... Is that true?
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:53 am

Moe wrote:
whitepointers wrote:

In Section 10, where I'm scratching around, Warradale are top, with 1 win, 1 loss, 1 bye, 2 forfeits against.

I will say though, all games I've played thus far have been played in terrific spirit, with many old heads knocking around with kids as young as 12, and it's been very enjoyable. LBW's are given, when they are there, kid's are being encouraged, and it's invaluable for their cricket journey.
I've played against, and alongside talented young ladies, and watched on as old, experienced gent's make centuries.
Good times.

Which team is that ?

In Section 7.. I played against a club who I have always held in high regard as being fair and enjoyable to play against, but their current Captain is just destroying that and their behaviour is a reflection of his very poor leadership.

Blatant disregard for the rules of cricket, and then apologising a week later when of course, it's way too late.

HV are sooks, got themselves dropped down a section because they "lost" so many A grade players.

They're 6th on the ladder, I'd hardly call them bullies? But is that a reflection just on their attitude and not there cricket ability?

I do agree they've wrongly been gifted a spot in Section 10 though as they finished top (and lost their Semi final) in section 9 in 20/21, how they were able to drop down a Section after that is ridiculous.

On top of that Moe their B grade is currently top of Section 6 too and haven't lost a game yet.

Should of never been able to drop 2 sections like they have, especially after finishing 4th in section 4 in 20/21, a more ridiculous decision made for them then their C grade IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Moe » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:20 pm

Yes DK, I did mean bullies on the field by their actions.
I certainly won't stand for it in 2 games time.
Regarding their B grade in section 6, yep, totally agree with you. Complete and utter farce. They would be laughing in the association's faces after every game back at their club house.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Moe » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 pm

storyoftheyear wrote:
Moe wrote:
whitepointers wrote:

Good times.

Which team is that ?

Scathing. Always good to call a spade a spade. In that light, the Glenelg ANA lads were a great bunch of guys to play against yesterday. Played a good brand of cricket, played within the spirit of the game and drove back to Hewett for a beer with us after. They've got our respect.

Heard a rumour that the entire Plympton side got reported yesterday... Is that true?

Well, a hastily arranged meeting has been convened for Monday night, so someone is in trouble.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:42 am

Moe wrote:Yes DK, I did mean bullies on the field by their actions.
I certainly won't stand for it in 2 games time.
Regarding their B grade in section 6, yep, totally agree with you. Complete and utter farce. They would be laughing in the association's faces after every game back at their club house.
Fair enough Moe, good luck going up against them haha!
Clubs making requests to drop down grades and getting their way just makes a complete mockery of our grading system which usually works just fine and teams find their level eventually.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby storyoftheyear » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:58 am

Anyone know the outcome of last night's meeting?
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby footy1992 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:25 pm

storyoftheyear wrote:Anyone know the outcome of last night's meeting?

Heard two players copped 4 games each - Plympton
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby storyoftheyear » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:26 pm

How are clubs looking this week with availability issues around covid and quarantine/isolation?
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby Go for it » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:41 pm

"storyoftheyear"How are clubs looking this week with availability issues around covid and quarantine/isolation?

So far Morphy Parks have been lucky and are all ok.
Go for it

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Moe » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:20 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Moe wrote:
whitepointers wrote:

Good times.

Which team is that ?

They're 6th on the ladder, I'd hardly call them bullies? But is that a reflection just on their attitude and not there cricket ability?

I do agree they've wrongly been gifted a spot in Section 10 though as they finished top (and lost their Semi final) in section 9 in 20/21, how they were able to drop down a Section after that is ridiculous.

On top of that Moe their B grade is currently top of Section 6 too and haven't lost a game yet.

Should of never been able to drop 2 sections like they have, especially after finishing 4th in section 4 in 20/21, a more ridiculous decision made for them then their C grade IMO.

Without sounding like sour grapes, as we were beaten by a better side, our Section 10 game v Happy Valley in the last round before Christmas shows to me, where their club is at.

Having an A grade bowler drop down 8 Sections, take 5 fa 9, against 13 &14 year old kids, then get in his car at the 20 over mark of the first innings and leave, shows disrespect.
If he had to work, or be somewhere else, fine, don't play or still play A grade.

We play in the right spirit. We give LB's, we are very lenient on wides and no balls. Most pitches we play on are thinner than a Brazilian landing strip. Calling leg side wides that are on the pitch when chasing 44 is ludicrous.

I'll ask if Tansell and Fishwick want to play Section 10 next time.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby whitepointers » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:01 pm

Spirit of Cricket average points and standing after Round 7.
Attachments
spirit of cricket round 7 2021.PNG
spirit of cricket round 7 2021.PNG (59.64 KiB) Viewed 955 times
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:16 pm

whitepointers wrote:Spirit of Cricket average points and standing after Round 7.

Either the opposition teams that play against our A and B grade think we aren't good blokes hahaha or we rate the opposition's spirit of cricket too highly/way above the average score. Unless the captains have an issue most of the time we give the opposition teams 8 or 9 and even 10.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
whitepointers wrote:Spirit of Cricket average points and standing after Round 7.

Either the opposition teams that play against our A and B grade think we aren't good blokes hahaha or we rate the opposition's spirit of cricket too highly/way above the average score. Unless the captains have an issue most of the time we give the opposition teams 8 or 9 and even 10.

Where are you sitting on the table mate?

Kenilworth D's must be a bunch of sledging pricks :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Where are you sitting on the table mate?

Kenilworth D's must be a bunch of sledging pricks [emoji38] [emoji38]

On the premiership ladder A grade is 5th and B grade is 2nd.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:00 am

The Dark Knight wrote:On the premiership ladder A grade is 5th and B grade is 2nd.

No one likes losing, I bet most of the highest ranked SOC teams are sitting near the bottom of the premiership table.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby storyoftheyear » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 pm

Any thoughts or insights about what (if any) changes will be made to the fixture at the SGM due to Covid? I personally think we should leave the fixture as is.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:On the premiership ladder A grade is 5th and B grade is 2nd.

No one likes losing, I bet most of the highest ranked SOC teams are sitting near the bottom of the premiership table.
Yes and no, just as an example Phantoms (Glenelg ANA CC) are bottom in both Section 1 and 5 and then are top in their sections SOC and then Morphy Park and Sheidow Park and top and second on both the premiership ladder and SOC in Section 2.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

storyoftheyear wrote:Any thoughts or insights about what (if any) changes will be made to the fixture at the SGM due to Covid? I personally think we should leave the fixture as is.
Will be interesting to see if the Association makes the rest of our current season all one dayers (no more 2 day matches) or not.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Would be like the old fielding votes days hey...….if a team had a gun fielder like **** was I giving him the 5 votes. Our keeper was also super keen on winning the away so we were never giving the opposition keeper a vote.

As a junior I always racked up the fielding vote trophies, I was the tiniest kid to ever play the game so every opposition coach would be give me sympathy votes and next thing you know bang got the association trophy haha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:42 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Would be like the old fielding votes days hey...….if a team had a gun fielder like **** was I giving him the 5 votes. Our keeper was also super keen on winning the away so we were never giving the opposition keeper a vote.

As a junior I always racked up the fielding vote trophies, I was the tiniest kid to ever play the game so every opposition coach would be give me sympathy votes and next thing you know bang got the association trophy haha.

I always tried to be real with them, unless the fielder was a wanker.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps