Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Your right BM, a lot of inconsistency in the 2s due to lack of availability of both 1s and 2s players. Finals is pretty much the 1st time all year you get a full strength side. For us that didnt even happen in the Semi, it wasnt until the granny we were full strength. Ironically if the A grade had made it Woodards would have played A1 as Lade was unavailable so we got lucky in that regard. I would have rathered the A grade having an opportunity to win a flag than us being cert's for a B grade flag.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Your right BM, a lot of inconsistency in the 2s due to lack of availability of both 1s and 2s players. Finals is pretty much the 1st time all year you get a full strength side. For us that didnt even happen in the Semi, it wasnt until the granny we were full strength. Ironically if the A grade had made it Woodards would have played A1 as Lade was unavailable so we got lucky in that regard. I would have rathered the A grade having an opportunity to win a flag than us being cert's for a B grade flag.

No u wouldnt, its all about you!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Anyone got results of the presentation night?
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Anyone got results of the presentation night?

IIRC Kingy most runs, vandy most wickets, they both shared the mosey, kingy got the player of the year for the most points. Freeling A1s miffed that they didnt get a one day flag.

robbo wins the batting and the player of the year in the A1r by a country mile. finishes second in the wickets too.

Jacob Hirst won both wickets and player of the year in the A2s Gray from Sandy won the batting.

not sure about the rest, was too busy sampling the Barossa Valley Brewing wheat beer.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Cheers mate, 2 years in a row for joint winners.

Yeah not sure why you didn't get anything for the 1 day final that seems a bit weird.

Any idea on how Chris McLean went in the voting?
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm

sorry mate cant remember how he went. remember hearing the name mentioned, but not where he was.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am

According to the back page of the Herald, Freeling beat Light Pass in the grand final. Also Matt Ryan has joined the Waterhens (should be Bart Ryan). Some awesome proof reading by the main man Media Mike.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby scud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 am

bennymacca wrote:

IIRC Kingy most runs, ,VANDY MOST WICKET they both shared the mosey, kingy got the player of the year for the most points. Freeling A1s miffed that they didnt get a one day flag.

robbo wins the batting and the player of the year in the A1r by a country mile. finishes second in the wickets too.

Jacob Hirst won both wickets and player of the year in the A2s Gray from Sandy won the batting.

not sure about the rest, was too busy sampling the Barossa Valley Brewing wheat beer.

just a correction on most wickets mate wasnt Vandy ;),
also yeah would've thought you boys get the one day flag last night,
As for Chrissy McLean Donk, reckon he ran 4th in the mosey , and was in the team of the year..
Yes two years in a row for joint winners I get reminded everyday from my brother he won it but just can't remember the other winner can you help me cokadonkeytoo??
Was a good night, well done to the tanunda cricket club,
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 am

bennymacca wrote:

IIRC Kingy most runs, vandy most wickets, they both shared the mosey, kingy got the player of the year for the most points. Freeling A1s miffed that they didnt get a one day flag.

Edited, The great man Brett Burgess most wickets and wicketkeeper turned destroyer Benny Burgess with the aggregate trophy. I seem to remember the bloke that tied with your brother. He's a flamboyant batter who can bat anywhere in the line-up, express bowler who can turn a fierce lion into a soft fluffy kitty kat and may or may not enjoy a beverage. Just can't put my finger on his name either, some help Donkey :-p
Last edited by BoundaryRider84 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:10 am

THE POPE wrote:
jakovasaurus wrote:Hopefully the Freeling Cricket Club can back up the success we had across multiple grades last season. Can't wait!

u guys got lucky!!!! none of ur teams will make finals this year!!!

Seems the Pope was slightly wrong with his pre season predictions.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby TimmiesChin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:52 am

scud wrote:As for Chrissy McLean Donk, reckon he ran 4th in the mosey , and was in the team of the year..

Equal 9th on 18 votes.

Barker 4th on 26.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Extractor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:33 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:According to the back page of the Herald, Freeling beat Light Pass in the grand final. Also Matt Ryan has joined the Waterhens (should be Bart Ryan). Some awesome proof reading by the main man Media Mike.

The Herald would spend about 6 minutes tops doing their cricket write-up and 99% of the time they don't even make a phonecall to either side. How many times do they get the innings the wrong way round?
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 am

Yeah I believe his name is Steve Hands, the seriously overweight fella from Sandy. Not only overweight but overrated and certainly proved this year that getting his name on the Mosey Medal shield last year was a complete fluke. Dont know about flamboyant batsmen, more like a cloud watching hack :lol:
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Yeah I believe his name is Steve Hands, the seriously overweight fella from Sandy. Not only overweight but overrated and certainly proved this year that getting his name on the Mosey Medal shield last year was a complete fluke. Dont know about flamboyant batsmen, more like a cloud watching hack :lol:

Scorebook doesn't say how you got the runs, just as long as you are getting them ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby Slowey » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 am

Well done to Aaron and Jimmy on fantastic years this season, both worthy winners of the medal.

What was the A1 team of the year?
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 am

Extractor wrote:Yeah well Ty Stock played for us so I hardly think Woodards playing is that big of a deal. It probably doesnt help that he got dropped 3 times before he made it to 50 though...

Two GF losses in a row for some of those blokes, Extractor. Any 'wounds' after last season's collapse?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby THE POPE » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:36 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
THE POPE wrote:
jakovasaurus wrote:Hopefully the Freeling Cricket Club can back up the success we had across multiple grades last season. Can't wait!

u guys got lucky!!!! none of ur teams will make finals this year!!!

Seems the Pope was slightly wrong with his pre season predictions.

2 out of 3 isn't bad!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Extractor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Extractor wrote:Yeah well Ty Stock played for us so I hardly think Woodards playing is that big of a deal. It probably doesnt help that he got dropped 3 times before he made it to 50 though...

Two GF losses in a row for some of those blokes, Extractor. Any 'wounds' after last season's collapse?

Not unless they were caused on Mad Monday...They are a good bunch of blokes who enjoy their cricket so I can't see too many giving the game away after losing a couple of GFs!
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Smasher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

if a club has all senior teams in the finals I understand selection is open, for qualified players?

if only one of the club's teams then makes it through to the gf can a player who played in a higher grade in the sf go down a grade without a permit?
Smasher
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Smasher wrote:if a club has all senior teams in the finals I understand selection is open, for qualified players?

if only one of the club's teams then makes it through to the gf can a player who played in a higher grade in the sf go down a grade without a permit?

yes! If they are qualified for the lower grade
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps