Senior Cricketers Required

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Senior Cricketers Required

Postby frenzy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:35 pm

The MORPHETT VALE CRICKET CLUB requires Senior cricketers to the club. MVCC has a long and proud history and is one of the oldest clubs in South Australia.

The MVCC is affiliated with the southern cricket association.

We require senior cricketers for our club, more importantly potential/ A grade cricketers to join our club. Incentives could be made to the right people.

They train tues and thurs nights on corner of south and wheatsheaf road morphett vale, from 5pm till dark.

If you think your not getting a fair crack at your current club or if your just a b grader who thinks he's good enough to play a grade level or an a grader looking for a new challenge, we would certainly love to have a chat.

The club coach is Brenton Hillman, come have a chat to him or PM me for any further information.

Junior cricketers also required.

Good bunch of blokes, relaxed atmosphere, proud club, just looking at really moving forward.

Cheers
frenzy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: United

Re: Senior Cricketers Required

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:03 am

Unfortunately seems to be a common problem amongst a lot of country cricket clubs these days.
Committing to cricket seems to be on the nose amongst the younger generation these days.
Work, other social activities (Drinking, surfing, fishing, golf and lawn bowls have become more popular options in my club) as well as the "I want a rest from footy" are the common excuses not to play these days. :(
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby frenzy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Unfortunately seems to be a common problem amongst a lot of country cricket clubs these days.
Committing to cricket seems to be on the nose amongst the younger generation these days.
Work, other social activities (Drinking, surfing, fishing, golf and lawn bowls have become more popular options in my club) as well as the "I want a rest from footy" are the common excuses not to play these days. :(

It is a shame...256 likes..only one inbox...surely there s people out there wanting to play a game of cricket....agree jackpot jim....too many other activities :(
frenzy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: United

Postby saintal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:35 am

I feel your frustration guys. Being involved in a small, hills club I generally don’t like this time of year, trying to sort out team nominations and dealing with high levels of apathy. An increasing number of guys are working 6 days a week chasing the almighty dollar, others don’t want to commit to playing full time (just in case a better offer comes up on any given week), while the ever increasing demands of football have also taken a toll. The instant gratification that many people seek is not what you associate with a sport like cricket.

Makes planning for the season and nominating teams etc very difficult, as well as keeping a vibrant vibe around a club. Have tried various avenues to find new players but this is usually a waste of time.

Rant over.. ;)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps