Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby james07 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:21 pm

So Lyndoch have lost their top runs scorer for the season and have only played one day of cricket in the last 6 weeks not ideal.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Spinner » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:47 pm

LOL what were they thinking?? could cost them dearly! I'm sure no other club would be dumb enough to do this!

Good old Lyndoch....
Spinner

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby norm11 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Sandy 187.
Freeling 130ish Kapunda 2 for ???
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Kapunda 3/13
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Lyndoch 232 50 overs Robinson 100 odd, Mallala 1/30 odd
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Freeling v Ango/sandy ?????
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:49 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Freeling v Ango/sandy ?????

Would say Ango
They were cruising towards the target when I called past, only saw about 15 overs but Ango looked to be under no pressure.
Only needed about 30 with 7 wickets left
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Mallala defeated Lyndoch in A1R
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby scud » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Angaston v Freeling in the A1 decider... Two best teams all year so a fair result I would think
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:13 pm

scud wrote:Angaston v Freeling in the A1 decider... Two best teams all year so a fair result I would think

Yes definately the two best sides all year, I think most people as early as Christmas predicted a 2 horse race.
Got to watch a fair bit of the Freeling game yesterday and they looked a little nervy batting but a few umpiring decisions early looked a bit iffy but thats the way it goes. As good as Freeling are I think Ango's batting just looks too strong so start as favourites for me.
I know its of no consolation to Sandy but I must say they have the best facilities in the comp by a country mile, the curators produced a decent deck and it was great to be able to actually buy a pie and a beer whilst watching the game. I wish other clubs would follow the lead.
Definately will head up to Nuri for a look on one of days and probably Kapunda on the other. Good luck to all sides this week, hoping for 2 days of cracking cricket
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
scud wrote:Angaston v Freeling in the A1 decider... Two best teams all year so a fair result I would think

Yes definately the two best sides all year, I think most people as early as Christmas predicted a 2 horse race.
Got to watch a fair bit of the Freeling game yesterday and they looked a little nervy batting but a few umpiring decisions early looked a bit iffy but thats the way it goes. As good as Freeling are I think Ango's batting just looks too strong so start as favourites for me.
I know its of no consolation to Sandy but I must say they have the best facilities in the comp by a country mile, the curators produced a decent deck and it was great to be able to actually buy a pie and a beer whilst watching the game. I wish other clubs would follow the lead.
Definately will head up to Nuri for a look on one of days and probably Kapunda on the other. Good luck to all sides this week, hoping for 2 days of cracking cricket

Never been to Mallala then, always cold beer and a feed , but agree , be good if all clubs could do it but you have to have someone too do it.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:49 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

Never been to Mallala then, always cold beer and a feed , but agree , be good if all clubs could do it but you have to have someone too do it.

Been there for footy a bit but never cricket. I tend to mainly get to cricket at games close to home or A1 games.
Look forward to having a beer out there when you guys come up to the 1's
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby import » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Red Rocket wrote:

you've obviously never travelled to gawler oval either, always a pie or pastie and cold beer available with a great view...................... buts that's right your happy were gone..........********
import
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:08 pm

import wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

you've obviously never travelled to gawler oval either, always a pie or pastie and cold beer available with a great view...................... buts that's right your happy were gone..........********

Been to the Dog Track plenty of times, yes you have a good canteen and bar but lose points for not only having a concrete pitch but one that faces the wrong way!
I stand by my statement that Sandy have the best overall package.
Plenty of rumours flying around that you could stay up also, obviously depends on which direction the league wants to head. Not sure a 10 team A1 comp is a step in the right direction but its not my decision
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:12 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Mallala defeated Lyndoch in A1R

Haha Thats kind of funny
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
import wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

Been to the Dog Track plenty of times, yes you have a good canteen and bar but lose points for not only having a concrete pitch but one that faces the wrong way!
I stand by my statement that Sandy have the best overall package.
Plenty of rumours flying around that you could stay up also, obviously depends on which direction the league wants to head. Not sure a 10 team A1 comp is a step in the right direction but its not my decision

Would be a terrible decision, you can kiss good bye a two day grade if it happened and the ability for a clubs B grade two day side to play in one of two grades that suits there ability
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby james07 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

import wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

A great view at the dog track is for about the 4-5 people that can sit on the balcony, the facilities there aren't friendly at all for other spectators or clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:53 pm

james07 wrote:
import wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

A great view at the dog track is for about the 4-5 people that can sit on the balcony, the facilities there aren't friendly at all for other spectators or clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are the greyhound facilities not open for cricket?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Extractor » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Are the greyhound facilities not open for cricket?

No, the sporting club needs to hire them. I don't know that we would manage to get the sort of crowd to justify the expense...

We may have access to the greyhound balcony next season but it is on the wrong angle and no air-con etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Useless » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 pm

early tips?
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times