Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby saintal » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:27 pm

cracka wrote:
saintal wrote:Gumeracha spanked Eden Valley, 4/181 to 75. Disappointing from the Valleys, was expecting a tighter contest. Shaun Atkins with 95 and 3/20. Three flags in a row for the Magpies, and 5 in 11 years during the post Lobey/Woodside era.

Gum also won the B's, chasing down Cambrai's 5/151 with 3 overs to spare.

Wow. Has it really been 11 years since Lobey & Woodside left TVCA

Indeed it has :shock: In that time Gumeracha have won 5 titles, Palmer and Paracombe each 3.

Cambrai (2), Lenswood and Eden Valley (1 each) have made GF's but came up short. Birdwood would have won the bulk of the wooden spoons, Rose Park came and went after two seasons, Mt Torrens went into recess/were absorbed by Athelstone this season, while Kersbrook folded the same winter as those two defections.

Gum have also won 6/11 B Grade flags during this period.

Cant say I was thrilled at seeing Lobey and Woodside claim wins in the two highest grades yesterday :lol:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Newkid » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:11 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Barkeroo wrote:And Lobethal chased it down fairly comfortably for their first A&EH premiership
Nairne 10/122
Lobethal 4/123 (37.3 overs)

Minor Premiers curse strikes again
Last 4 Minor Premiers havent won the Flag with 3 of them not even making the decider despite the Double chance these days :shock:

Premiers

A Grade - Lobethal (3rd)
A2 Grade - Woodside (4th)
B Grade - Strath (2nd)
C Grade - Ashbourne (Minor Premiers)
D Grade - Nairne (2nd)

When could we see the lower grades in the A&EH get a second chance like the A’s?
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Barkeroo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:49 pm

I wouldn't mind that. Give a little bit more reward for finishing top at least as I don't think playing at home necessarily gives you that much advantage at this level of cricket and you can get knocked out straight away by the team in fourth. Even heard some of the teams say they'd rather be the away team so they didn't have to set up the mats for a home game :lol:
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:04 am

Newkid wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:
Barkeroo wrote:And Lobethal chased it down fairly comfortably for their first A&EH premiership
Nairne 10/122
Lobethal 4/123 (37.3 overs)

Minor Premiers curse strikes again
Last 4 Minor Premiers havent won the Flag with 3 of them not even making the decider despite the Double chance these days :shock:

Premiers

A Grade - Lobethal (3rd)
A2 Grade - Woodside (4th)
B Grade - Strath (2nd)
C Grade - Ashbourne (Minor Premiers)
D Grade - Nairne (2nd)

When could we see the lower grades in the A&EH get a second chance like the A’s?

Fair Question

The simple Answer is - When a club puts forward a motion for it to happen and more than 50% of Clubs vote for it.

I wasn't a real fan of the Double Chance being bought in but it is what it is now. Interesting thing is tho in the 6 seasons it has been in , NO team have won the Premiership by having a 2nd chance in the Pre Lim so that gives weight to the argument it is a waste of time.

I think the question was asked about the lower grades having the double chance and i think the consensus was that particularly in the lower grades (B, C & D ) that often have older and unfitter players that many would find it hard to back up 2 days in a row.
End of the day if the Top team loses to the 4th ranked team on their home ground then they dont deserve to win the Flag
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:08 am

Barkeroo wrote:I wouldn't mind that. Give a little bit more reward for finishing top at least as I don't think playing at home necessarily gives you that much advantage at this level of cricket and you can get knocked out straight away by the team in fourth. Even heard some of the teams say they'd rather be the away team so they didn't have to set up the mats for a home game :lol:

Play ALL finals on turf would solve that problem :D
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby saintal » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Stirling comfortable winners against Meadows today in the HCA :shock:

First flag in 25-30 years I believe?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:16 pm

saintal wrote:Stirling comfortable winners against Meadows today in the HCA :shock:

I believe first flag in 27 or 28 years. Have come along way in the past 5 years, full credit to them. Meadows lose there 3rd straight GF (excluding there Covid Win in 2020) after winning the previous 9.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Barkeroo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:17 pm

saintal wrote:Stirling comfortable winners against Meadows today in the HCA :shock:

Pretty good effort to come from fourth as well.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby Barkeroo » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:38 pm

Any early news on how clubs are going for player numbers etc for the coming season? Looks like the same lineup in A Grade in A&EH this season from what I can tell.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:59 pm

Barkeroo wrote:Any early news on how clubs are going for player numbers etc for the coming season? Looks like the same lineup in A Grade in A&EH this season from what I can tell.

I sense there's a couple of Clubs looking to drop from A2 to B Grade which would leave the A2 Grade thin on teams.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:31 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Barkeroo wrote:Any early news on how clubs are going for player numbers etc for the coming season? Looks like the same lineup in A Grade in A&EH this season from what I can tell.

I sense there's a couple of Clubs looking to drop from A2 to B Grade which would leave the A2 Grade thin on teams.

Finniss and L Creek dropping from A2 to B Grade whilst surprisingly Hahndorf have come up to A2 from B Grade after finishing 2nd bottom last year.
Appears last years B Premier Strath will also come up to A2 to make an even 8 teams after originally nominating a B Grade.
Woodside have a team in all 5 grades with 2 teams in B grade making a total of 6 and heard they're considering nominate a 7th team :shock:

A Grade will kick off on Oct 8th whilst all others on Oct 15th whilst the A Grade Grand Final will be played on a stand alone weekend on March 25th with all other a week earlier which is a first for the Association.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:03 am

Great work from Woodside they're going to need another oval to play home games at to go with their new training nets :lol:
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby Barkeroo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:48 am

TVCA fixtures are up. 7 teams in each grade.
Lenswood back to just the one team in B Grade Saintal?
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby saintal » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:21 am

Barkeroo wrote:TVCA fixtures are up. 7 teams in each grade.
Lenswood back to just the one team in B Grade Saintal?

Most likely, if we do scrounge up a third side we'll replace the current bye. Numbers/enthusiasm appears a bit lighter this season, and the weather has made having a hit difficult so far.

Not a heap of TVCA news. Two of last season's Meyer Shield team have moved clubs- Shaun Atkins (Gumeracha to Aldgate), Shane Druwitt (Lenswood to Woodside). Atkins dominated the comp last season, but Gumeracha have plenty of depth so will again be a prime contender. At this early stage it's difficult to see the top 4 from last season changing (Gum, Eden Valley, Cambrai and Paracombe)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:22 am

9 team A Grade comp in the HCA this year.
Aldgate
Bridgewater
Mt Lofty
Stirling
Meadows
Uraidla
Kangarilla
SCIB
Mylor
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:03 pm

When did Mylor last play A's? I recall a combined team with Echunga maybe 8-10 years ago??
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:02 pm

Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?
Barkeroo
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:54 pm

Pretty much every turf pitch in South Australia and Victoria struggling to get up for October 15

Meanwhile Langhorne Creek hosted Goodwood CC in a trial game today. Not sure how the game went but great job to get the square ready!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:48 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Pretty much every turf pitch in South Australia and Victoria struggling to get up for October 15

Meanwhile Langhorne Creek hosted Goodwood CC in a trial game today. Not sure how the game went but great job to get the square ready!

A consistent cold & wet September has been horrendous for curators trying to prepare pitch squares for the upcoming season.

After a wash out last year Goodwood and the Creeks were very keen for the trial match to happen this year and the weather turned for the better just in the nick of time to get a pitch up. Pretty thin grass cover but played a treat. Local curator Luke Cousins is a master of getting a pitch up against the odds.

Goodwood 6/188 (40) Brad Dawe making 100* Ret
A youthful Creek team replied with 118 (33)
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby saintal » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Barkeroo wrote:Yeah that was the 2011/12 season that they had the combined Echunga/Mylor team and played A Grade in A&EH. Not sure if Mylor have had a stand alone A Grade in the Hills since?

30-40 years since Mylor were in A's according to the Courier. So that'll mean all clubs with the exception of Onkas and Basket Range will feature in the A's this season. Was a little surprised to read that Meadows will not have a second senior team.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps