Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby caleb777 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:00 pm

saintal wrote:Not much news in TVCA circles. 8 of the 9 clubs will field an A Grade (Eden Valley the exception), while most will have a B Grade.

A Grade games have been trimmed back from 45 to 40 overs. Personally I enjoyed the longer matches.

B Grade games to now terminate once a result achieved. Makes sense in light of the A Grade format, and also the one-sided nature of some B Grade games.

Only 2 umps at this stage, so looking as though half the A Grade games will be self-umpired. Not fun.

No junior comps, with a handful of clubs (Lenswood, Birdwood, Gumeracha, Cambrai, maybe Springton) hosting junior sides in AEHCA.

Season starts October 6.

Do you know what grades those junior teams will be in? Im coaching the Under 16's at Hahndorf and it would be good to know if im going to potentially be travelling to Springton for example haha
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Lenswood- 12s, maybe 14s (likely to combine a team with Birdwood)
Birdwood- same as above
Cambrai- 12s
Gumeracha- 16s
Springton- 12s?? Not sure.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:That's disappointing - going playing 70, then 50 over cricket, then 40 over one-dayers in various country A Grade comps dented my enjoyment of playing. Anyway.

What age are the colts teams? No chance of setting up a TV competition? How are Paracombe going for colts, do they still go down the hill like they did a few years ago when there were no TV teams?

Yeah, thought the 45 over format was somewhat of a compromise for those of us who preferred two day cricket, but a lot of games did run past 6/6:30 so most clubs opted for a shorter day.

Unfortunately nothing happening with the Pirates at a junior level.

Refer to my other post for a breakdown of teams. I guess a 4 team U12s could be run, but the alignment with AEHCA has worked well. From a club point of view it adds a bit of stability as there was always uncertainty each year as to what grades TVCA could run comps in and decisions weren't possible until the last minute.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby caleb777 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 am

Hahndorf season launch
Attachments
Season launch flyer.png
Season launch flyer.png (350.4 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby saintal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:38 am

Any further news on recruits Caleb?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby caleb777 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:30 am

saintal wrote:Any further news on recruits Caleb?

No not really. Besides Kris, Shaun, Jarrad and Graydon were returning pretty much everyone from last year. We had our first thursday night training last night and it was great to have three nets going with lots of our a2 players out. The a2 side will be mainly younger players with a couple of older heads.

What are everyone's under 16 numbers like? I only ask because im the under 16 coach at Hahndorf and we have 17 players on the books for under 16. If there are any clubs with a handful of players who want a game in under 16 we would be happy to help and form a second side for that grade.
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:42 am

caleb777 wrote:

What are everyone's under 16 numbers like? I only ask because im the under 16 coach at Hahndorf and we have 17 players on the books for under 16. If there are any clubs with a handful of players who want a game in under 16 we would be happy to help and form a second side for that grade.

Langhorne Creek and Wistow have combined to form a team
L Creek had about 8 players and Wistow 3 or 4.
Heard Maccy only had a few lads and Mt Barker had only 3 :shock:
Just seems to be getting harder by the year especially for the smaller clubs to get full junior teams. The 2 year age gap certainly doesnt help. And whilst it doesn't stop younger players playing in a higher age group it seems that some parents and players themselves are very reluctant to.
Back in the day (Late 1970s, early 1980s) when there was only U/16s and nothing else it wasn't uncommon to see kids as young 10 - 11 playing and they survived and probably became better players for the experience.

Maybe Maccy, Mt Barker and Hahndorf could combine to form team ? Bit of work for someone to organize but anythings possible?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby caleb777 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:26 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
caleb777 wrote:

Langhorne Creek and Wistow have combined to form a team
L Creek had about 8 players and Wistow 3 or 4.
Heard Maccy only had a few lads and Mt Barker had only 3 :shock:
Just seems to be getting harder by the year especially for the smaller clubs to get full junior teams. The 2 year age gap certainly doesnt help. And whilst it doesn't stop younger players playing in a higher age group it seems that some parents and players themselves are very reluctant to.
Back in the day (Late 1970s, early 1980s) when there was only U/16s and nothing else it wasn't uncommon to see kids as young 10 - 11 playing and they survived and probably became better players for the experience.

Maybe Maccy, Mt Barker and Hahndorf could combine to form team ? Bit of work for someone to organize but anythings possible?

Would be more than happy for those lads to join us at Hahndorf. 17 or potentially 18 lads is a bit tricky to work with for so few games.
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 am

Mt Barker host Bremer / Callington TODAY :shock: to kick off the A&EHCA season
Might have to get along for a look at what both teams have to offer

Meanwhile the B Grade draw that was up on MyCricket has been taken down to be readjusted with the late withdraw from Nairne.
Will now be a 7 team comp i'm guessing which means more cricket lost due to "Byes"

'D' Grade comp in doubt of going ahead with 11 teams nominated for C grade i believe. If get 12 nominations then would be split into 6 x C Grade teams and 6 x D Grade teams but wouldn't be ideal to split 11 and have only a 5 team comp in 1 grade.
Programmers nightmare :rolleyes:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Buffet bowler » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Any news on the callington vs my barker game?
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:Any news on the callington vs my barker game?

Bremer / Callington made 274

Mt Barker needed about 90 off last 10 overs with 6 wickets in hand when i left. Tipping B/C would have won from there

Scores now up on MyCricket

B/C 274
Def
Mt Barker 8/260

Good game that both teams can take a bit of confidence from but things will only get tougher for both teams from here on as expected.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Buffet bowler » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for the update Jackpot, how have you guys recruited for the season? My team Ashbourne have obviously dropped down a grade and will be looking to consolidate this year and drawing from the A and B grade players that we have. Either way everyone’s looking forward to the season kicking off
Buffet bowler
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Buffet bowler wrote:Thanks for the update Jackpot, how have you guys recruited for the season?

Picked up 7 - 8 players that will slot in across our 3 Senior Grades.
Have unfortunately lost a few keys players through long term footy injuries.
A usual slow build up to the season will keep everyone guessing including myself who will be taking the field the 1st few weeks. :?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Bremer Callington came back to earth with a thud after an opening win in A Grade last Monday.
Taking on Strath on the Cally turf, B/C crumbled for only 64 off only 26.4 overs. A pretty disappointing effort. so the reason is?
1/ Didn't recover from a 5 day break?
2/ Pitch wasn't in great nick?
3/ Just outclassed by a better team?

Strath knocked the runs off 1 down off only 12 overs

Woodside hung on in a thriller over Nairne by 2 runs.
Nairne certainly dont look as imposing without the Tait brothers in it but i'd suggest they still had a few out including captain Peanut.

Wistow got off to confident start to their season with Kinlough and Jenner racking up the runs in a total of 2/ 251
Mt Barker put up a creditable effort to 211 all out off 41 overs

All eyes were on Hahndorf as they rolled out their transformed team with numerous recruits. Being sent into bat by an undermanned Creek team which is certainly not unusual early in the season, Hahndorf looked on track for a sizeable score cruising to 0/60 against some wayward Creek bowling. On the back of some brilliant catching, Hahndorf collaped to 4/76 until they steadied the ship through prized recruits Sloon Tait and Grayden Brand as both took few risks in just picking off the loose balls which were all to often from the inexperienced Creek attack. Hahndorf finished on 6/243 helped no end by an astonishing 46 sundries :shock: :oops: mainly consisting of wides and no balls.
Creek replied with a solid 6/179 off their 45 overs but were never really in it as they lacked batting fire power to take on the lot more experienced and disciplined Hahndorf attack who tho not really threatening to take wickets, just bowled in good areas to restrict run scoring.
Creek youngsters in Van Wyk 67 and 16 y.o. recruit from Mt Compass Shannon Jones 44* n.o. both showed plenty of potential to play important roles for the Southern Tigers this season.
Too early to tell how big a force Hahndorf may be as playing a Creek team with only 3 of last seasons semi final players certainly isnt a true test.
With Mt Barker and B/C coming in along with Hahndorfs transformed team it certainly has added a lot of interest and intrigue to the season which is great.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby caleb777 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:48 am

Three rounds in and it looks like there could be 7 teams that could be pushing for a finals spot. Good for the competition.
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby Keefy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:37 pm

caleb777 wrote:Three rounds in and it looks like there could be 7 teams that could be pushing for a finals spot. Good for the competition.

I see young Hassold still peeling off the tons up there mate
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby caleb777 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Keefy wrote:
caleb777 wrote:Three rounds in and it looks like there could be 7 teams that could be pushing for a finals spot. Good for the competition.

Hell like the fact you referred to him as young. But he batted beautifully on Saturday in partnership with Shaun. Cally had a really good first 10-15 overs but was tough going for their bowlers once Shaun really got going.
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby Keefy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 pm

caleb777 wrote:
Keefy wrote:

Hell like the fact you referred to him as young. But he batted beautifully on Saturday in partnership with Shaun. Cally had a really good first 10-15 overs but was tough going for their bowlers once Shaun really got going.
I think we are around the same age. Played rep cricket with him and against him many years ago.

I can still remember a rep game we played at Balhannah in 92/93 and he effortlessly hoiked one over the old scoreboard there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby caleb777 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:43 am

Keefy wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
Keefy wrote:

I think we are around the same age. Played rep cricket with him and against him many years ago.

I can still remember a rep game we played at Balhannah in 92/93 and he effortlessly hoiked one over the old scoreboard there.

You're hitting them pretty good yourself as of late!
caleb777
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 am

Keefy wrote:
caleb777 wrote:
Keefy wrote:

Do you mean the old scoreboard on the road side of the oval. I thought that was gone long before 92/93.
Are they using the new digital scoreboard for cricket there.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps