ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Whatsfordinner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Trader wrote:Not sure what's going on here but it seems Para Hills have picked up Jack Dent and Jack Latchford. I guess Ingle Farm aren't the only club dishing out the coin this season.

No way this is legit!
No chance a prince would ever convert to a hornet.. good laugh from them though..

Most clubs would’ve started training by now? Any new player movements?
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:48 pm

SPOC have picked up Shaminda Eranga. 41 tests for Sri Lanka.
Played at Prospect last season, only managed a handful of A Grade matches, so obviously something went down.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:40 pm

helicopterking wrote:SPOC have picked up Shaminda Eranga. 41 tests for Sri Lanka.
Played at Prospect last season, only managed a handful of A Grade matches, so obviously something went down.
Yeah his back went down....couldn't bowl and ended up in their 2's from memory
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:01 pm

heater31 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:SPOC have picked up Shaminda Eranga. 41 tests for Sri Lanka.

He has been plagued by back injuries since he first played a test for Sri Lanka in 2011. Will be a great pick up if his body is ok.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Eranga is playing as a batter only I believe.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm

The Pirates probably didn't want to fork out the $$ upfront again.
Hope SPOC are paying per week :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Another fixture up on MyCricket app.. I wonder if this one is correct
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Trader » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:48 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
heater31 wrote:

He has been plagued by back injuries since he first played a test for Sri Lanka in 2011. Will be a great pick up if his body is ok.

Is it this guy? http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/co ... 67414.html

He's only played 19 tests but appears to be the same name.

He's only 33, you would assume he's going to be reasonable still!

Tony Clifton wrote:Eranga is playing as a batter only I believe.

Probably a good thing, otherwise Steinway would report him for an illegal action:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id ... ed-illegal
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Trader » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 am

Whatsfordinner wrote:Another fixture up on MyCricket app.. I wonder if this one is correct

I'd wait for the website version to be published, likely out later today.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Trader wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Another fixture up on MyCricket app.. I wonder if this one is correct

I'd wait for the website version to be published, likely out later today.

Out now
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 pm

welcome to A1 trinity, here have PAOC first game... this should be a fun test early for the boys.

early days still but with a month before the first game. what are the early feels from people on how it will pan out?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Ok is there any legs in this from the Para Districts thread....

Eggy wrote:Hearing a few guys in Adelaide turf are finding out if there can be a court injunction on the compulsory helmets rule....
Not sure how far they’ll get but let’s hope they win cause helmets are crap!!!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:welcome to A1 trinity, here have PAOC first game... this should be a fun test early for the boys.

early days still but with a month before the first game. what are the early feels from people on how it will pan out?

Might be the best time to play Princes, especially if they win the Div 1 flag in footy. They are the bench mark, so it will be a good test first up.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:welcome to A1 trinity, here have PAOC first game... this should be a fun test early for the boys.

I recon that happened to Marion last time they came up to A1 (2012?).
Copped PAOC round 1 and lost convincingly.
Rolled for 70 twice while PAOC made 2 for 200.

Trinity however are a different beast.
Been on the charge since their introduction back in B3 all those years ago. It's a tight group that have an inflated belief after beating up against a number of other club's B and C grades over the years. The TOSSERs well and truly believe they are upto knocking off the top dogs, and they'll be setting themselves for this one.

By contrast, PAOC haven't won a round 1 game since back in 2016, and that was against Pembroke who finished outright bottom and got relegated without a win for the season. PAOC are historically slow starters, and with their footy lads again making the Div 1 Grand Final, it won't be a surprise to see another round 1 loss for the Reds.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm

heater31 wrote:Ok is there any legs in this from the Para Districts thread....

Eggy wrote:Hearing a few guys in Adelaide turf are finding out if there can be a court injunction on the compulsory helmets rule....

Court injunction? lol

No one is forcing anyone to wear a helmet. It's a voluntary cricket comp. If you don't want to wear one, don't play. You're free to play BLCA if you don't want to wear one.

Heck, even still, you're free not to wear one in ATCA, it just means your team will lose all its points. Still, the choice is yours.

Seriously, what a bunch of knobs. In this day and age of people suing associations, there was little choice but to bring in the rule, especially after what happened with Hughes a few years back. Get on board and wear a helmet or go play elsewhere.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 pm

People were probably up in arms about seatbelts once upon a time
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Trader wrote:
heater31 wrote:Ok is there any legs in this from the Para Districts thread....

Court injunction? lol

No one is forcing anyone to wear a helmet. It's a voluntary cricket comp. If you don't want to wear one, don't play. You're free to play BLCA if you don't want to wear one.

Heck, even still, you're free not to wear one in ATCA, it just means your team will lose all its points. Still, the choice is yours.

Seriously, what a bunch of knobs. In this day and age of people suing associations, there was little choice but to bring in the rule, especially after what happened with Hughes a few years back. Get on board and wear a helmet or go play elsewhere.

Maybe we wait and see what the playing conditions are and enforcement procedures are. I can't imagine there will be any court injunctions and I'm keen to see what exemptions are put in place for slow bowlers.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Coops204* » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Ingle Farm would have to go in favs dis yr surely? PAC will be hard to beat. Unsure on who will be relegated tough tight competition dis yr!!
Coops204*
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Coops204* wrote:

Ingle Farm would have to go in favs dis yr surely? PAC will be hard to beat. Unsure on who will be relegated tough tight competition dis yr!!

I'm not sure why you think Ingle Farm would go in favourites. They have picked up a few players, but still a question mark on their batting. PAOC and Pooraka were miles ahead of the rest last year and we'll have to wait and see if they are both weakened by players leaving.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Coops204* » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Coops204* wrote:

I'm not sure why you think Ingle Farm would go in favourites. They have picked up a few players, but still a question mark on their batting. PAOC and Pooraka were miles ahead of the rest last year and we'll have to wait and see if they are both weakened by players leaving.

recruited tony Scott (A2 medallist) 2 seasons ago and also a spinner which they needed badly and hes the best spinner in adel turf. Pooraka losing Marks will hurt. Ingle Farm and PAC GF for mine... will be daylight ahead then Pooraka then the rest.
Coops204*
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps