ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 pm

No play at Pooraka A1, Ingle Farm A2 & C2 and Trinity LO5
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Warm and windy today. Decks will be fine by game time. Bowl first wickets no doubt but nothing ridiculous.

I don't think so.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Old Scotch post 274 after being in bit of trouble early. Marslen saved the day with 160
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Averagecricketer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Can anyone tell me how a supposedly premier turf cricket team like para hills can consistently have wet decks and the worst quality pitches in atca? The pitch today was well below the quality you would expect of any A1 game let alone a semi final. Do they not know how to check weather forecasts? Surely the curator is having a laugh.
Averagecricketer
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

PAOC and Woody Rechs have been kind enough to help out Pooraka and Ingle Farm by covering the pitches tonight at Lindblom and Rowe parks. One day games tomorrow starting at 10.30am
Last edited by Senor Moto Gadili on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Averagecricketer wrote:Can anyone tell me how a supposedly premier turf cricket team like para hills can consistently have wet decks and the worst quality pitches in atca? The pitch today was well below the quality you would expect of any A1 game let alone a semi final. Do they not know how to check weather forecasts? Surely the curator is having a laugh.

Allow me to explain. BOM forecast a slight chance of up to 0.2mm for Friday. Para Hills don't cover their pitch and get caught by 5mm of unexpected rain on Friday afternoon followed by conditions that are not favourable for drying. They weren't the only club in the area to get caught out.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Averagecricketer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Averagecricketer wrote:Can anyone tell me how a supposedly premier turf cricket team like para hills can consistently have wet decks and the worst quality pitches in atca? The pitch today was well below the quality you would expect of any A1 game let alone a semi final. Do they not know how to check weather forecasts? Surely the curator is having a laugh.

Allow me to explain. BOM forecast a slight chance of up to 0.2mm for Friday. Para Hills don't cover their pitch and get caught by 5mm of unexpected rain on Friday afternoon followed by conditions that are not favourable for drying. They weren't the only club in the area to get caught out.

Yea you are right. But how many times has there been a wet pitch at Para Hills. Or the quality come into question. Also, they have covers. The other A1 game didn’t. I hope someone is on water patrol tonight down there. Even with some rain around the pitch looked absolutely disgusting. Days before a semi final and they are supposedly having centre wicket practice. What a joke.
Averagecricketer
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby helicopterking » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Every time it rains at Ingle Farm 1mm=6mm
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 pm

helicopterking wrote:Every time it rains at Ingle Farm 1mm=6mm

Fine then. There was 30mm of rain at Rowe Park on Friday. Happy now?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:03 pm

No kidding wrote:
Trader wrote:Home sides not required to put them on until dusk tonight.

Given the home side goes through in a washout, you'd suspect most have waited.

Won't be able to put them on tonight if the pitches get wet this afternoon, so likely to see most grounds without covers I'd think.

Not enough rain for wash outs given the forecast but enough to make the toss critical.
Many a final decided on a coin toss unfortunately.
Hence as a home team I would of thought in best interest to have covers on.
As you have mentioned though too late now if not already on..

I bet Pooraka would have them on !

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:No play at Pooraka A1, Ingle Farm A2 & C2 and Trinity LO5

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:PAOC and Woody Rechs have been kind enough to help out Pooraka and Ingle Farm by covering the pitches tonight at Lindblom and Rowe parks. One day games tomorrow starting at 10.30am

Interesting the turf have allowed the away teams to cover other club's decks.
Not sure i've seen that before and overrides the benefit of earning the higher ranking.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Averagecricketer wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Yea you are right. But how many times has there been a wet pitch at Para Hills. Or the quality come into question. Also, they have covers. The other A1 game didn’t. I hope someone is on water patrol tonight down there. Even with some rain around the pitch looked absolutely disgusting. Days before a semi final and they are supposedly having centre wicket practice. What a joke.
Yet Para Hills oval number 2 has 300 runs in it [emoji44]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Trader » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:15 pm

heater31 wrote:
Averagecricketer wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Yet Para Hills oval number 2 has 300 runs in it [emoji44]

Also, don't forget Para Hills had their Rd 10 game against Grange in B1 awarded against them after failing to apply the covers week 2.

If it's not the LO1s causing problems, it seems they're doing something dodgy with their wickets.

Starting to build a fairly average resume!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 am

Had saca reps down at reynella yesterday to do a trial with u 12s on shortened wickets.
They played 50 overs.
Kids marking centre with spikes caused some damage that a good bowler would exploit.
They plan to play 60 overs next year before seniors. Dunno how they'll be off before 1:00?
The idea does have some merit but curators are not going to like it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Woody Rech win on last ball of the day defending 133 in a 30 over match against Ingle Farm
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

helicopterking wrote:Woody Rech win on last ball of the day defending 133 in a 30 over match against Ingle Farm

Wowee well Tos win 4 down chasing 196 after being 3/15

Check out the gg old iggies game i don’t know who goes through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby bloods08 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Woody Rech win on last ball of the day defending 133 in a 30 over match against Ingle Farm

Golden Grove you’d think considering they won on first innings.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Pooraka v Walkerville in A1
Old Scotch v Woody Rechabites in A2
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 pm

bloods08 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Golden Grove you’d think considering they won on first innings.

I would think the higher ranked team goes through, given it finished as a tie
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Woodville Rechabites 132 d Ingle Farm 8 for 130 off 30 overs. 30 over semi finals are not ideal, but it is what it is. hood luck to Old Scotch and Woody Rechabites next weekend
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Woodville Rechabites 132 d Ingle Farm 8 for 130 off 30 overs. 30 over semi finals are not ideal, but it is what it is. hood luck to Old Scotch and Woody Rechabites next weekend

Whoever wins the toss wins that game.
Last edited by helicopterking on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps