ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:19 am

In my journeys around the parklands I noticed a few groundsmen prepping wickets on Wednesday, then getting the covers down on Wednesday night / Thursday morning, you'd expect them to play.

Those that haven't done a lot of work early in the week might struggle.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:24 am

Trader wrote:In my journeys around the parklands I noticed a few groundsmen prepping wickets on Wednesday, then getting the covers down on Wednesday night / Thursday morning, you'd expect them to play.

Still anywhere up to 10ml to come tomorrow as well hey??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:38 am

whufc wrote:
Trader wrote:In my journeys around the parklands I noticed a few groundsmen prepping wickets on Wednesday, then getting the covers down on Wednesday night / Thursday morning, you'd expect them to play.

Expected rainfall over the next 36 hours is 3mm.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Trader wrote:
whufc wrote:

Expected rainfall over the next 36 hours is 3mm.

Wickets with covers should be ok, but I can't see many, if any, games on uncovered wickets getting away.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby thevoice » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:49 am

helicopterking wrote:
heater31 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:Just looking for others thoughts on this.

In A2 Gepps Cross v Fulham, Gepps had bowled 79 overs by 5.48 and were ready to bowl their 80th, when Fulham declared meaning Gepps had to bat for 1 over. Previously if a team got bowled out or declared after 5.30, the opposition didn’t have to bat. In my opinion this should not be happening as it doesn’t encourage teams to get through their overs quickly. If Gepps had gone the other way and bowled slowly they get fined or lose points. What makes it worse is that one of the umpires (who has been umpiring in the league for years) didn’t know the by law had changed as he doesn’t have Facebook.

What Fulham did was within the rules, but I feel is not within the spirit of the game. Just looking for others opinions.
Nope fair play to Fulham. Show intent that they want to play aggressive cricket and win.

That rule didn’t bother Fulham this week against SHOC
21/140 for the days play.
Woody Sth with another big score batting first.

Didn’t bother your team Marion this week either. All out for under 50 and destroyed! Fulham get the reverse outright lol
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:26 am

thevoice wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
heater31 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:Just looking for others thoughts on this.

In A2 Gepps Cross v Fulham, Gepps had bowled 79 overs by 5.48 and were ready to bowl their 80th, when Fulham declared meaning Gepps had to bat for 1 over. Previously if a team got bowled out or declared after 5.30, the opposition didn’t have to bat. In my opinion this should not be happening as it doesn’t encourage teams to get through their overs quickly. If Gepps had gone the other way and bowled slowly they get fined or lose points. What makes it worse is that one of the umpires (who has been umpiring in the league for years) didn’t know the by law had changed as he doesn’t have Facebook.

What Fulham did was within the rules, but I feel is not within the spirit of the game. Just looking for others opinions.
Nope fair play to Fulham. Show intent that they want to play aggressive cricket and win.

That rule didn’t bother Fulham this week against SHOC
21/140 for the days play.
Woody Sth with another big score batting first.

Didn’t bother your team Marion this week either. All out for under 50 and destroyed! Fulham get the reverse outright lol

i think you will see it used alot this season. Flinders park x2, Grange and SPOC all doing it in A1 interestingly I don't think any have come away with a result yet in their favour.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:16 pm

Only early in the week, but forecast some significant rain on Saturday.

Been a very wet start to the year!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:Only early in the week, but forecast some significant rain on Saturday.

Been a very wet start to the year!

We are at the mercy of the negative Indian Ocean dipole.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:We are at the mercy of the negative Indian Ocean dipole.

It'll be interesting to see if conditions remain neutral, or if a La Nina develops.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:We are at the mercy of the negative Indian Ocean dipole.

It'll be interesting to see if conditions remain neutral, or if a La Nina develops.

Do you have an almanac coming out for Christmas Keith?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby tigerpie » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:48 pm

Wet tracks up north?
Marion in all sorts and pooraka losing early wickets. (Hanson hasn't batted yet).
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 pm

tigerpie wrote:Wet tracks up north?
Marion in all sorts and pooraka losing early wickets. (Hanson hasn't batted yet).

3 to 4mm overnight and poor drying conditions didn't help. Marion had the Hornets in a spot of bother at 8 for 97, but they scrambled to 148 on the back of a solid 63 from Curtis Wordsworth, who batted at 8. What a luxury!. The Marion bats were like rabbits in the headlights .... 7 for 19 off 29 overs.
Remarkable performance by Nathan Fox in A2. Took 8 for 18 including the last 4 wickets in 4 balls.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby tigerpie » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

3 to 4mm overnight and poor drying conditions didn't help. Marion had the Hornets in a spot of bother at 8 for 97, but they scrambled to 148 on the back of a solid 63 from Curtis Wordsworth, who batted at 8. What a luxury!. The Marion bats were like rabbits in the headlights .... 7 for 19 off 29 overs.
Remarkable performance by Nathan Fox in A2. Took 8 for 18 including the last 4 wickets in 4 balls.

Wasn't it covered overnight?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Harry49 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:31 am

tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Pitch was covered when it was still slightly damp. Delayed start due to the surrounds.
The pitch was a little sticky, most wickets in Para Hills innings were due to going through a drive to early. I think 7 of the 10 wickets were caught between cover and mid-on. For most parts of the day it was good swinging conditions, lots of movement around.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby no_remorse28 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:21 am

Harry49 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Pitch was covered when it was still slightly damp. Delayed start due to the surrounds.
The pitch was a little sticky, most wickets in Para Hills innings were due to going through a drive to early. I think 7 of the 10 wickets were caught between cover and mid-on. For most parts of the day it was good swinging conditions, lots of movement around.

Gee whiz that Rollings bowled well it seemed
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Trader » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:30 am

Nothing wrong with the deck in the Pooraka game, covers were on overnight and off by 8am. Just a few batsmen not willing to work hard early and the new ball did the damage, both sides loosing 4 wickets inside their first 10 overs.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:39 am

how's Marions batting woes. 2 weeks they are currently 17 for 68 with 31 of the 68 from 1 player.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:46 am

no_remorse28 wrote:Gee whiz that Rollings bowled well it seemed

Grant Carey got slapped around a bit ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:26 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Gee whiz that Rollings bowled well it seemed

Nah disagree - overs that weren't maidens averaged 5 RPO.. gotta get that number down. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:26 am

Are all the clubs loading up with Grade players for Tuesday night T20? Be interesting to see who brings the highest profile to the table. Only good for the comp IMO.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps