ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:How do they decide wicket keeper in the team of the year? Are there votes from umpires each game?

Number of dismissals not necessarily a good indicator of quality IMO

Correct, umpires votes over the season, each keeper then gets an average (must have kept a minimum of 8 of the 11 games I think).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Trader wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:How do they decide wicket keeper in the team of the year? Are there votes from umpires each game?

Correct, umpires votes over the season, each keeper then gets an average (must have kept a minimum of 8 of the 11 games I think).

So, as an example, Fonseka averaged 8.44 over 9 games, which means he must have accumulated 76 votes. I haven't seen him keep wickets, but obviously the umpires were impressed because he won it quite convincingly
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Trader wrote:

So, as an example, Fonseka averaged 8.44 over 9 games, which means he must have accumulated 76 votes. I haven't seen him keep wickets, but obviously the umpires were impressed because he won it quite convincingly

Yup, basically if you keep well in your first couple of games, you get a great score, then for the rest of the year one umpire is like, i've had him before, he's good, and you get high scores for the rest of the season.
Also, if you're in a team of medium pacers you don't concede byes and you get good scores keeping back, while other keepers might keep up and concede the odd bye.

NB: Not saying this is the case with Fonseka, no idea if he is or isn't good.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby the smokey » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Rumor has it Ingle Farm has backed a truckload of money and dumped on Matthew Cuconits and Tim Davey (Both ex TTG) doorsteps in an attempt to sign them.

The Cucontis signature would be a lot easier to obtain then Davey who might be looking forward to some summers on the golf course
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:25 pm

the smokey wrote:Rumor has it Ingle Farm has backed a truckload of money and dumped on Matthew Cuconits and Tim Davey (Both ex TTG) doorsteps in an attempt to sign them.

The Cucontis signature would be a lot easier to obtain then Davey who might be looking forward to some summers on the golf course

Cucontis has a connection to Ingle Farm
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby helicopterking » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:42 pm

the smokey wrote:Rumor has it Ingle Farm has backed a truckload of money and dumped on Matthew Cuconits and Tim Davey (Both ex TTG) doorsteps in an attempt to sign them.

Is that On top of
Carson, Raza,Scott,Barber,Holland, Kamburugamuwa or are some of these guys not coming back?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby the smokey » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Slowleftarm wrote:

Cucontis has a connection to Ingle Farm

----

Yea family connection hence why its likely that if he leaves grade cricket he goes to IF
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:50 pm

helicopterking wrote:

Is that On top of
Carson, Raza,Scott,Barber,Holland, Kamburugamuwa or are some of these guys not coming back?

I expect there will be a couple of players from this year's team missing next season, if it gets away.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Cuzzy87 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:04 am

So many people thinking they know what goes on, how much money gets paid etc.

Gotta love a good rumour.
Cuzzy87
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Whydontya » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:28 am

helicopterking wrote:

Is that On top of

Holland heading to Fulham as their big name recruit. Looking to average atleast 13's in A2
Whydontya
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Naracoorte

Postby the smokey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 am

If and when cricket gets up this year there won't be a heap of travel in A3 this year with these sides in the comp

Concordia OC
Golden Grove
Ingle Farm
Para Hills
Trinity OS
PAOC
Adelaide Lions
Brahma Lodge
Hectorville
Pembroke
Unley
Goodwood
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 am

Not that I know much about the ATCA's inner sanctum but if the season is condensed would they look at splitting each grade to 6 teams to ensure they all play each other once and to avoid squishing in a heap of one dayers or using up Sundays?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Not that I know much about the ATCA's inner sanctum but if the season is condensed would they look at splitting each grade to 6 teams to ensure they all play each other once and to avoid squishing in a heap of one dayers or using up Sundays?

Can’t see Sunday’s being an option with it clashing with Junior Cricket.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby the smokey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am

helicopterking wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Not that I know much about the ATCA's inner sanctum but if the season is condensed would they look at splitting each grade to 6 teams to ensure they all play each other once and to avoid squishing in a heap of one-dayers or using up Sundays?

Can’t see Sunday’s being an option with it clashing with Junior Cricket.

Hopefully, there will be no delays to the season but if they did I could see the season being reduced to one day cricket only and having the A grade comp increased to 50 over one days games instead of the current 40
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:36 am

They could have conferences maybe?

12 teams in a division as per normal. You play the teams in your conference in two dayers (10 weeks) and the teams in the other conference in one dayers (6 weeks). Sixteen week season.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Trader » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Could potentially see all comps regraded to say 8 teams each. 14 week season playing 7x2-day games.
Agreed Sunday's are out of the question.

I think there will still be the odd one dayer where you get an odd number of weeks between say the xmas break and australia day long weekend, etc.

With that said, I'd be happy if we cut down on the number of weekends we have off. For mine there is no reason why we couldn't be back playing on Jan 2nd. Play on the Australia day long weekend. Also no need to have the test match weekend off given we can't go to the games.

Should be able to get close to the full season in even if we didn't start til November if you played whenever we can.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby the smokey » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:56 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Is that On top of

I expect there will be a couple of players from this year's team missing next season, if it gets away.

No chance of Davey playing at Ingle Farm or any club this season from my understanding he will be enjoying the sunshine on the golf course
the smokey
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm

I guess he'll just have to give that truck load of money, that was dumped on his door step, back.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Cuzzy87 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I guess he'll just have to give that truck load of money, that was dumped on his door step, back.

Hahaha, but he was locked? How could he have turned down the truck load of money??
Cuzzy87
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby the smokey » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:00 am

Cuzzy87 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I guess he'll just have to give that truckload of money, that was dumped on his doorstep, back.

Hahaha, but he was locked? How could he have turned down the truckload of money??

Who said he was locked -the statement was that the offer was significant 'truckload of money"

Pretty easy to turn it down when its not your driving factor in playing.
the smokey
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps