ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Port Pirie Power » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:ATCA team of year
Duffett
Bailey
Hanson
Sykes
Roberts
Fox
Leveroc
Higgins
Richardson
Harvey
Stanborough
Latchford

Not batting order surely? Latchford couldn’t be in that team at 11..
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Would have gotten good odds on Sandercock, Wordsworth, Blackmore and Barber all to miss!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:ATCA team of year
Duffett
Bailey
Hanson
Sykes
Roberts
Fox
Leveroc
Higgins
Richardson
Harvey
Stanborough
Latchford

Not batting order surely? Latchford couldn’t be in that team at 11..

12th man
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Seems all of the trophy winners from A1 and A2 were automatic selections;
Duffett - leading run scorer A2
Hanson - leading run scorer and joint COY A1
Sykes - allrounder of year and joint COY A1
Fox - joint COY A1
Higgins - COY A2
Richardson- A1 wicket keeper of year
Stanborough- leading wicket taker A2
Harvey - leading wicket taker A1

....added to those were;
Bailey - obvious selection
Roberts
Leveroc
Latchford named last, so assume he was 12th man.

Roberts and Leveroc were surprises for me. There were a few unlucky boys who missed out.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:21 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I reckon Duvall will open the bowling

Yup, certainly a chance, opened in Rds 10 and 11, but also was the 6th bowler in Rds 9 and the semi final.
8 wickets at 33 would probably just push the edge further towards PAOC with the new rock:

Trader wrote:Openers
PAOC: Dent (26 @ 13.46), Clayfield (30 @ 12.03)
Pooraka: Virgens (14 @ 12.84), Travis (8 @ 22.88)
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am

Trader wrote:

Yup, certainly a chance, opened in Rds 10 and 11, but also was the 6th bowler in Rds 9 and the semi final.
8 wickets at 33 would probably just push the edge further towards PAOC with the new rock:

I agree that PAOC quicks hold an advantage over Pooraka, but Virgens took 22 wickets in the minor round and 3 in the semi. I think you are underselling his value, especially with Bailey at the stumps. My understanding is that Duvall was bowling offies until round 10. He opened the bowling in rounds 10 and 11 and bowled second change in the semi. While he isn't bowling quick he has good control and does a bit with it. Matty Travis has been struggling with a side strain. He didn't bowl in round 10, didn't play round 11 and only bowled 4 overs with the new ball in the semi before eventually being subbed off. Will be intetesting to see if he is selected and if so whether he takes the new ball.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Browny25 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Did bowl 106 overs more than anyone else in that side.. :)

no issues with that... still needs to take the wickets. you have played in sides that this has happened :lol:

I'm not shocked you have no issues with this 8)

Not saying I do either though.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Trader wrote:

I agree that PAOC quicks hold an advantage over Pooraka, but Virgens took 22 wickets in the minor round and 3 in the semi. I think you are underselling his value, especially with Bailey at the stumps. My understanding is that Duvall was bowling offies until round 10. He opened the bowling in rounds 10 and 11 and bowled second change in the semi. While he isn't bowling quick he has good control and does a bit with it. Matty Travis has been struggling with a side strain. He didn't bowl in round 10, didn't play round 11 and only bowled 4 overs with the new ball in the semi before eventually being subbed off. Will be intetesting to see if he is selected and if so whether he takes the new ball.

Good pick up, not sure where I got 14 wickets for Virgens from!
Agreed, very good bowler, and if you can control it with a ring field and the keeper up, it becomes very difficult for batsmen that already find the pressure of finals enough to crumble. Is he fit? I heard he was struggling, though that info could have come from someone that got confused with Matty. Speaking of, not great to hear he is struggling, hopefully both are good to go come Saturday.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Trader wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Trader wrote:

Good pick up, not sure where I got 14 wickets for Virgens from!
Agreed, very good bowler, and if you can control it with a ring field and the keeper up, it becomes very difficult for batsmen that already find the pressure of finals enough to crumble. Is he fit? I heard he was struggling, though that info could have come from someone that got confused with Matty. Speaking of, not great to hear he is struggling, hopefully both are good to go come Saturday.

I think they are both struggling. Virgins only bowled 5 overs in round 11, but got through 13 in the semi, before he left the field. I'm sure they'll get 12-15 quality overs from him. Pooraka ended up with Travis and Virgins off the field in the semi, replaced by two youthful energetic fielders. Doubt they will be able to get away with that this week. This is where PAOC have a decided advantage. If they can keep Pooraka in the field for 80 overs there will be 3 or 4 Pooraka players really struggling for the last 20 overs. They just need to sit on Hanson.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Trader what’s your run down of A2 and A3
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Trader what’s your run down of A2 and A3

No one really cares about A3, so here's my A2 thoughts:

A2 Grand Final Preview
Trinity vs Marion

Trinity have earnt the right to host the A2 grand final on the back of a solid season. Dropping just the 1 game, a 1-dayer back in Round 2 when Jack Hill from ROCs got after the Tosser bowlers. They’ll face the A-grade from Marion who as a club are putting together some sort of season. Marion’s B’s are hosting the B2 grand final and their C’s finished minor premiers and only missed out on the GF on the back of Port Districts stacking C2 with James Barns.

Batting
Trinity have amassed 3250 runs at an average of nearly 26. Marion has slightly fewer runs (3164) but at a slightly better average of 29. Cox has been the shining light for Marion (649 @ 54.1), thought McAllister and Kilderry are both past 400 runs as well.
Trinity have just the two bats past the 400 mark, and both have gotten there on the back of a number of second innings performances. Trinity don’t have a batsman averaging over 40, and will rely on a series of contributions, more so than a big score. That said, if Forwood can convert a 50 for once, it will go a long way to Trinity putting a total on the board.

I’m going to have to give the batting edge to Marion, on the back of Chris Geddie’s addition to the side after the Xmas break. (Out of interest, I wonder if he got his clearance approved before December 31st?).

Bowling
With the pill, the early thoughts are Marion. Stanborough (52 @ 11.1), Shah (26 @ 12.9) and Hendo (25 @ 13.2) is an impressive frontline, however Marion does fall away after that. The key for Trinity will be to force Martin to bowl plenty of overs. His economy rate of 3.3 is substantially higher than the remaining attack, and after that, Marion don’t have much.

By comparison, Trinity have a more even spread, with Furnell (29 @ 14.1) leading O’hara (21 @ 15.7), Schaper (20 @ 16.2), Smith (17 @ 23.1) and Lainas (14 @ 12.8 ).

Interestingly, between the 9 bowlers, only Stanborough and Smith have collected a ‘Michelle’ this season.

Game Changers
For mine, the two biggest unknowns both belong to Trinity.
(Don't get me wrong, Marion have plenty of good cricketers, but they are steady players, Trinity have more of the hot and cold).

Look for Cotter to target Stanborough. If he can get a hold of Warrick with the stick, it will change the fortunes of the game and put Marion on the back foot. As mentioned above, Marion don’t have the depth required. If you knock Warrick out of the attack, you’ll have one hand on the shield.

Jace O’Hara’s stats are by far the most disappointing. He’s a better bowler than A2, and he should be dominating. If he can fire up and put in a decent spell, he has the ability to blast through Marion. For mine, Trinity’s hopes of being promoted with a title in their pocket’s relies on Jace.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Trader wrote:

A2 Grand Final Preview
Trinity vs Marion

Trinity have earnt the right to host the A2 grand final on the back of a solid season. Dropping just the 1 game, a 1-dayer back in Round 2 when Jack Hill from ROCs got after the Tosser bowlers. They’ll face the A-grade from Marion who as a club are putting together some sort of season. Marion’s B’s are hosting the B2 grand final and their C’s finished minor premiers and only missed out on the GF on the back of Port Districts stacking C2 with James Barns.

Batting
Trinity have amassed 3250 runs at an average of nearly 26. Marion has slightly fewer runs (3164) but at a slightly better average of 29. Cox has been the shining light for Marion (649 @ 54.1), thought McAllister and Kilderry are both past 400 runs as well.
Trinity have just the two bats past the 400 mark, and both have gotten there on the back of a number of second innings performances. Trinity don’t have a batsman averaging over 40, and will rely on a series of contributions, more so than a big score. That said, if Forwood can convert a 50 for once, it will go a long way to Trinity putting a total on the board.

I’m going to have to give the batting edge to Marion, on the back of Chris Geddie’s addition to the side after the Xmas break. (Out of interest, I wonder if he got his clearance approved before December 31st?).

Bowling
With the pill, the early thoughts are Marion. Stanborough (52 @ 11.1), Shah (26 @ 12.9) and Hendo (25 @ 13.2) is an impressive frontline, however Marion does fall away after that. The key for Trinity will be to force Martin to bowl plenty of overs. His economy rate of 3.3 is substantially higher than the remaining attack, and after that, Marion don’t have much.

By comparison, Trinity have a more even spread, with Furnell (29 @ 14.1) leading O’hara (21 @ 15.7), Schaper (20 @ 16.2), Smith (17 @ 23.1) and Lainas (14 @ 12.8 ).

Interestingly, between the 9 bowlers, only Stanborough and Smith have collected a ‘Michelle’ this season.

Game Changers
(Don't get me wrong, Marion have plenty of good cricketers, but they are steady players, Trinity have more of the hot and cold).

Look for Cotter to target Stanborough. If he can get a hold of Warrick with the stick, it will change the fortunes of the game and put Marion on the back foot. As mentioned above, Marion don’t have the depth required. If you knock Warrick out of the attack, you’ll have one hand on the shield.

Jace O’Hara’s stats are by far the most disappointing. He’s a better bowler than A2, and he should be dominating. If he can fire up and put in a decent spell, he has the ability to blast through Marion. For mine, Trinity’s hopes of being promoted with a title in their pocket’s relies on Jace.

i noticed that last time Jace didn't place them so that could be interesting to watch, and 1 of those 5fas you mentioned came in the game last time these guys played with Austin Smith getting through Marion.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby thevoice » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:41 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Trader wrote:

A2 Grand Final Preview
Trinity vs Marion

Batting

Bowling

Game Changers

i noticed that last time Jace didn't place them so that could be interesting to watch, and 1 of those 5fas you mentioned came in the game last time these guys played with Austin Smith getting through Marion.

This will be one heck of a GF. If you think a GF at Gawler will sway the result, I reckon you're kidding yourself. Albeit, I think it's a massive advantage. And TOS have had a brilliant year. I reckon they'll go well in A1 and its exactly what they've been looking for. To have the same bunch of blokes together for 6-7 years, credit to them. They've had their ups and downs, but the ups totally outweigh the downs.

I reckon TOS have a more complete side, but think Marion have more match winners. That's why I think they'll win, but just.

Forwood & Cox are pretty much the same type of batsmen, chance their arm early, hit well straight but prone to hitting striaght. I'd imagine fields will be set deeper given their tendency in this area. Both great to watch, they will both have a real crack. Marion's other half is McCallister, better than Barraclough and if the chanceless hundred 50 last week is anything to go by, he's in better knick than the whole TOS combined. There will be plenty of intent with him, they know they'll need to get him early. I love TOS middle order, they value their wicket and have a real dip. Blokes like Viner-Smith is crucial, he can bat time. Mix in Cotter, Dearing and Cameron. Two of those three will get found out because of the way they play, will be really interesting.

Our friend W.S. Stanborough will be the key for Marion bowling. He know's it's on him, he will bowl 30+ in need. He's had handy support from C.Shah this year, but we know that's because everyone goes after him as the change bowler. Yes he bowls tight and doesn't give much away, but he's bloody old. The real key outside of the wizard is Geddies, rips an offie. Not sure he'll get much assistance as at Marion on the TOS road, but he's a smart cricketer. The king pair he got a few weeks back was rare, won't happen again. He will have a big say on what goes on this weekend and could be with his bowling more than the bat. He's Marion's trump card.

Marion's batting has some guns. Cox record this year is amazing, McCallister running into form at the right time. The rest other than the skipper is very beatable. Old mate skippers brother is coming off a duck and a lean summer, Kilderry doesn't look like making a run even if he's made a few this year. He'll be easy pickings, so if the top 2 and skipper don't look like making runs they could be in strife.

In saying that, I reckon they have enough in the first couple + Geddies.

However I love TOS spinners. Lainas is very handy, hard to pick and Furnell has ripped through a few attacks this summers. Back up with a few in previous divs. O'Hara I reckon Marion will love facing, ball coming on. I don't think he'll have the impact, you never know though. He hasn't blown through a team really yet, tomorrow could be that.

All in all. What a GF. Clearly the two best teams all year. Lot's of key battles. All the best. Regardless of who wins, the A1 teams next year I reckon will find two competitive sides like they found with IF & OS this summer.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Start of A1 final delayed
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:46 pm

PAOC sent in
4/71 after 33

Keagan 0
Jack Latchford 19
Sam Hurburgh 5
Michael Richardson 21
Lachie Griffiths 24no
Drew Clayfield 1no
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:53 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:PAOC sent in
4/71 after 33

Keagan 0
Jack Latchford 19
Sam Hurburgh 5
Michael Richardson 21
Lachie Griffiths 24no
Drew Clayfield 1no

What time did they get away?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:53 pm

PAOC 4/93 at tea
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:17 pm

PAOCCC 187-7 (70)
Lachlan Griffiths: 83
Stumps called.
11:45am start tomorrow.
PAOC to bat the remaining 9.5 overs then Pooraka will have 80 after that.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:26 pm

TOS 8/318
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:PAOCCC 187-7 (70)
Lachlan Griffiths: 83
Stumps called.
11:45am start tomorrow.
PAOC to bat the remaining 9.5 overs then Pooraka will have 80 after that.

That might not be enough, but as they say .... runs on the board!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps