ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:27 pm

Only 10 teams in A3?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:34 pm

Are Pembroke really fielding four limited overs sides? They were barely still in existence a year or two ago.

Have all the players from a "no fixed address" club lobbed there maybe?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Browny007 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:02 am

Port districts would like to thank the following players for there efforts and wish them all the best for the future.

Jordy Thomas has returned to port Adelaide. A huge loss for us and a cracking lad. With age on his side there plenty of great cricket ahead for Jordy.

Irfan raza. My little champion has returned to kilburn to play lo1.

Lovel well the kilburn faithful will be more then happy to see Lovell putting those gloves in his back pocket and clearing the club rooms.

Puri a champion bloke will be missed as he is keen to get back playing one day cricket with his mates.

To date our recruiting has been good but like all clubs very keen to add to our list.
Browny007
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:00 am

Browny007 wrote:Port districts would like to thank the following players for there efforts and wish them all the best for the future.

Jordy Thomas has returned to port Adelaide. A huge loss for us and a cracking lad. With age on his side there plenty of great cricket ahead for Jordy.

Lovel well the kilburn faithful will be more then happy to see Lovell putting those gloves in his back pocket and clearing the club rooms.

Puri a champion bloke will be missed as he is keen to get back playing one day cricket with his mates.

To date our recruiting has been good but like all clubs very keen to add to our list.

So 4 players had to make way to fit Eranga in the salary.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Lovel will be at Enfield.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Uncle C » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:29 pm

Browny007 wrote:Port districts would like to thank the following players for there efforts and wish them all the best for the future.

Didn't want to thank Lachy Hiller in your list? Played multiple years of A grade with you while travelling from Mitchell Park...
Uncle C
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 am

Uncle C wrote:

Didn't want to thank Lachy Hiller in your list? Played multiple years of A grade with you while travelling from Mitchell Park...

Where is he playing? Goes alright.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby MoP » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 pm

With the upcoming season not far away, have Clubs set their subs for the season?
Ours have increased from $300 to $422.50 ($100 increase plus $22.50 CA charge) and was just wondering how that compares to other Clubs?
As has been mentioned earlier, it will be interesting to see how Clubs go when they're looking for fill ins this season. Not sure you're going to get someone willing to pay a full seasons' worth of subs, just to play a couple of games.
MoP

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:41 pm

**** me if a turf club has set their fees over $400 then Premier Cricket would be over $500!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:20 pm

MoP wrote:it will be interesting to see how Clubs go when they're looking for fill ins this season.

It'll be a huge challenge. You can remove the rego costs but at a minimum still need to cover the $22.50 insurance.. and they'll still need to register online themselves before hand.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:
MoP wrote:it will be interesting to see how Clubs go when they're looking for fill ins this season.

It'll be a huge challenge. You can remove the rego costs but at a minimum still need to cover the $22.50 insurance.. and they'll still need to register online themselves before hand.

Yep it's going to be a pain in the butt I feel, a big shift from the norm.

FWIW our subs are $130 (plus $5/week for a umpire, so works out around $210 if you play each week). That's just hard wicket cricket in the hills, so we keep subs pretty low and subsidise them to an extent.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby MoP » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:51 pm

saintal wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

FWIW our subs are $130 (plus $5/week for a umpire, so works out around $210 if you play each week). That's just hard wicket cricket in the hills, so we keep subs pretty low and subsidise them to an extent.

Yeah, pitch preps are a fair chunk of the budget.....especially when the committee have chosen someone that charges $25K+ for a season!
MoP

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:29 pm

MoP wrote:
saintal wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yeah, pitch preps are a fair chunk of the budget.....especially when the committee have chosen someone that charges $25K+ for a season!

$25K+ ..... how many pitches are they preparing to get that? That's almost half what @tigerpie gets. ;)
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:34 pm

Subs have been held firm at my club ($275 from memory), but players are up for the $22.50 themselves, so in effect they have gone up that amount.

Agreed fill-ins are going to be a massive issue moving forward. I know of clubs dropping back a side or two just to reduce the reliance on fill ins.

I wonder how many clubs will register a player by the name of Phill Inn, pay the $22.50 once and that covers them for the season, well, at leas the first fill in in each side.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:40 pm

$440 for my club in Darwin - yeah turf wicket. Just registered today to play at least one more game and kick some coin the clubs way.

However I've played three games so far as "Fill in" so there are ways and means to manage the Friday night Saturday morning ring around to scrounge up players.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:45 pm

$25K+ ..... how many pitches are they preparing to get that? That's almost half what @tigerpie gets. ;)[/quote]
Bahaha, basic mathematical error easily enough done.
I think you may have multiplied instead of divided ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby whitepointers » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Don't let playHQ scare anyone.
Yes the Insurance and IT costs are a bit steep, but a person can play as a fill in for one game without having to pay the fee.
After the first game, they will need to pay the costs, but a club can set up any sort of registration they want.
At Port Noarlunga, we have offered a 3 game package that works out to $10 per game which covers ball fees plus the insurance and IT costs..
We also have options for Life Members at half price, students too old for juniors but playing seniors, the options are endless.
Get your club up to speed with play HQ and you'll realise that you don't have to have the entire season fees as the only option.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:52 am

whitepointers wrote:Yes the Insurance and IT costs are a bit steep, but a person can play as a fill in for one game without having to pay the fee.

Play HQ might let someone in without being registered for their first game (ie: a fill in), but that doesn't mean the association will.
I think you will find a lot of associations have bylaws that say you can not play an unregistered player.
Given the insurance risks etc, I can't see associations jumping at the opportunity to allow unregistered players all of a sudden.

Oh, and 'a bit steep' doesn't cover half of it.
$22.50 per player.
Last year our bottom side used 48 players.
$1,080 CA will collect if its the same this season.
In return, they've told the club we don't have to pay the $100 insurance per team. That seems balanced doesn't it!

This is a massive cash grab from CA targeting casual community cricketers.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:58 am

whitepointers wrote:Yes the Insurance and IT costs are a bit steep, but a person can play as a fill in for one game without having to pay the fee

How? I've looked everywhere and can't find anyway that can setup a "one off" registration form that excludes the $22.50 cost?

Obviously can setup so that that's the only cost you have though.

We have setup a couple of options that include partial payments of fees right up to full payment.. see how it goes.. I must admit, Juniors are the best though - Parents just pay straight out, I love it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:59 am

You’d hate to play as Phil Inn and then cop a bad injury to save $22.50
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps