ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:46 am

no_remorse28 wrote:Looking at the Fulham vs para hills scorecard for the T20 final and noticed 3 players hadn't played a qualifying game in the group stages.

Opening bowler, first change bowler and a bloke who batted at 5. Seems on the surface they were important players!!!

Fulham had 14 players qualified, to have 6 of them ua is a bit surprising in A-grade.
Safe to say Fulham have either told a couple of porkie pies to get permits approved, or didn't even bother with permits and just assumed they'd be ok.

If the latter, you'd expect an announcement from the turf soon that knocks Fulham out of the comp.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 am

Trader wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Looking at the Fulham vs para hills scorecard for the T20 final and noticed 3 players hadn't played a qualifying game in the group stages.

Opening bowler, first change bowler and a bloke who batted at 5. Seems on the surface they were important players!!!

Fulham had 14 players qualified, to have 6 of them ua is a bit surprising in A-grade.
Safe to say Fulham have either told a couple of porkie pies to get permits approved, or didn't even bother with permits and just assumed they'd be ok.

If the latter, you'd expect an announcement from the turf soon that knocks Fulham out of the comp.
All 3 played in their B1 side last round so at least they are not Premier Cricket ring ins!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am

Why can't players from a lower grade play?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am

Trader wrote:

both bowlers went for 0ver 10 an over and the number 5 hit 4 not out? how is that important ???
they all play lower grades that shouldnt be an issue.

speaking of ring in I didn't think premier cricket players could play in the finals? i see a few names that in the score sheets that are A grade District cricketers
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Why can't players from a lower grade play?

You can bring players up, you can't bring new players in.
Had these guys played in a previous Div 2 game for example, they would have been fine.

You must have played 1 game in the T20 comp before the Qtr Final to be able to play the quarter final.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Trader wrote:

both bowlers went for 0ver 10 an over and the number 5 hit 4 not out? how is that important ???
they all play lower grades that shouldnt be an issue.

speaking of ring in I didn't think premier cricket players could play in the finals? i see a few names that in the score sheets that are A grade District cricketers

Hence the comment, on the surface.
If Steve Smith makes a duck, does that mean he's a dud? Of course not.

These are not guys Fulham have brought in to plug a gap and have batted 7 and not bowled. They were integral players in their side.

As for the DRs, they can play finals, provided they've played at least 1 of the group stage games. Mickhan had, so no issues with him playing for Fulham.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Harry49 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:11 am

The by-laws state that from the Quarter Finals you have to play at least one T20 game either in Div 1 or Div 2 to qualify. 3 of their players hadn't done so. One guy played his first game of the season last round. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

"No player, excluding Guest players (see 12 d) are qualified to play in finals, commencing with the quarter final, unless they have played at least one match prior to the quarter final." - seems pretty clear to me
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Harry49 wrote:The by-laws state that from the Quarter Finals you have to play at least one T20 game either in Div 1 or Div 2 to qualify. 3 of their players hadn't done so. One guy played his first game of the season last round. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

"No player, excluding Guest players (see 12 d) are qualified to play in finals, commencing with the quarter final, unless they have played at least one match prior to the quarter final." - seems pretty clear to me

On the surface they would appear to be ineligible. Maybe Fulham will claim they were named in the team for round 1 of the qualifying round that was washed out.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Harry49 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Harry49 wrote:The by-laws state that from the Quarter Finals you have to play at least one T20 game either in Div 1 or Div 2 to qualify. 3 of their players hadn't done so. One guy played his first game of the season last round. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

On the surface they would appear to be ineligible. Maybe Fulham will claim they were named in the team for round 1 of the qualifying round that was washed out.

I'd highly doubt that considering one of the blokes (Rowswell) played his first game for the season last round against Goodwood, will be interesting to see what happens from here.
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Were all of the players that played for SPOC against Pooraka eligible?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Were all of the players that played for SPOC against Pooraka eligible?

No they weren't.
Nathan Woods wasn't qualified.

That said, he may have a permit.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Result reversed and Para Hills are now through
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Harry49 wrote:
I'd highly doubt that considering one of the blokes (Rowswell) played his first game for the season last round against Goodwood, will be interesting to see what happens from here.

Wouldn't that suck, a dude that went for 42 and didn't bat costing you a spot?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:

Yeah, at least the dude SPOC cheated with made 18* haha
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Harry49 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:

Actually had 3 blokes LM, the other went for 44 and the other made 4*
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Actually had 3 blokes LM, the other went for 44 and the other made 4*

At least M.Moss got the top scorer out who striking at 129.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Harry49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:56 pm

Country Living Homes T20 Update
QF - Virginia 7/115 (19.2) def. SPOC 7/114
SF - Para Hills 3/123 (14.3) def. Virginia 9/122

Para Hills through to the final against Coromandel Ramblers at Adelaide Oval on March 3rd
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Harry49 wrote:Country Living Homes T20 Update

Para Hills through to the final against Coromandel Ramblers at Adelaide Oval on March 3rd

Did you go?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Harry49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:Country Living Homes T20 Update

Did you go?

Yeah I played. Tsimiklis was very impressive for Virginia and I thought Seccafien bowled exceptionally well in both games.
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Yeah I played. Tsimiklis was very impressive for Virginia and I thought Seccafien bowled exceptionally well in both games.

Tsimiklis is one of the most improved players I've seen over the years, wasn't that long ago he struggled in the lower grades, Secca's is a champion all round.

How was their chirp? They bring a good game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps